What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita M/Controller temp probe placement?

Soundy

Hey ICmag crew! I have just set up a Mammoth G2 tent w/ 2 x Pro E 1000 DE Gavitas & master controller (EL1) I would like to ask where and what height is the correct place to hang the temperature probe?

I currently have 2 x 6'/150mm exhausting at the top of the tent & a portable air con. Have a small fan blowing in fresh air and I will open that up larger when I can.

The Blauberg exhaust fans run on thermostats also & I have one swivelling fan for circulation.

Floridian

Veteran
I would hang my probe at canopy height towards the middle of the canopy.What you're doing is a little above my pay grade but that's where I used to hang my thermometer before I started using a lazer thermometer.I think that location gives you the best ambient temp at canopy height.

Soundy

Thanks for your reply. This system broke he bank so much I can't even afford a bigger cheap intake fan atm lol. I sent in a support ticket with Gavita also but I think your right on there mate

DrLongbottom

Veteran
use the provided template to make the shade cone for the temp probe. middle of the room at canopy level

jocat

Funny.. no mater where you place it you would adjust the darn thing accordingly... and they do fail by the way....I had 2 of them go tits up & don't trust them....I also noticed bulbs took a beating from all the variable wattage...sunrise/set/overtemp/ all so cool but... the only thing I miss is the overtemp protection.

Soundy

I'm running at about 7 degrees different from what the portable air con says & master controller reading at canopy level out of direct light. Stopped exhausting because I was just sucking my cold air out & I've opened the ventilation flaps. Things seem to be running well. It's a good feature that you can match the temperature of one other to the other.

Thanks for the heads up about the probes.

Latest posts

Latest posts