What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how many light ours, outdoor uk

MJINC

You're going to need to provide a little more information. A plant can grow quite easily under only a few hours of light but it will depend on what stage you're at and what results your looking for

TnTLabs

put it this way.. if they get 10-12 hrs of light they will yield much better than plants that only get 4-5 hrs of sunlight.. simple
id say with a minimum of 6-7 hrs they will still give some nice flowers

Easy7

Veteran
My studies show it's not 12/12 at all. Anything above 14:20 DAY and not ambient day light but actual sun anywhere creeping past the horizan and not just it's light, is veg. Anything less and they stretch to flower.

Of course we like to give some room to that 14:20 indoors and light dep. I have watched very well and closely. Plants stretch here at 14:20 and less late July like last week. Plants go out right about 14:20 in the spring. That last bit is about mothers day and sometimes frost doesn't keep away until memorial day. But ya mid to late may to last week July is veg. After last week of july is stretch and that's flowering in my book.

TnTLabs

OP you mixing up daylight hours and direct sunlight hours??
A plant will flower with no direct sunlight, if in shade of a tree for example, but when the daylight hours get shorter and hit around 13 1/2 hrs she will start to flower, no matter if in direct sunlight or in shade of a tree or a bush... she is still getting light, just not direct
for a decent yield plants should get at least 6-8 hrs direct sunlight,
better yet 10-12 hrs but bare in mind they will need much more water if getting so much light
you will harvest some nice buds with 7hrs.. just plant more seeds
:tiphat:

OP you mixing up daylight hours and direct sunlight hours??
A plant will flower with no direct sunlight, if in shade of a tree for example, but when the daylight hours get shorter and hit around 13 1/2 hrs she will start to flower, no matter if in direct sunlight or in shade of a tree or a bush... she is still getting light, just not direct
for a decent yield plants should get at least 6-8 hrs direct sunlight,
better yet 10-12 hrs but bare in mind they will need much more water if getting so much light
you will harvest some nice buds with 7hrs.. just plant more seeds
:tiphat:
thx man, hopefully with 8hrs rn my autos i planted a few weeks ago will be able to ripen properly, im gunna harvest 2 autos so theyll be fin in a month, gunna harvest another on a month and a half about maybe 2 months, but in september my ketama hashplant will be harvested, maybe the bud might not have many trichs i guess ill just make hash