What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tent over spec'd but not cooling SOS

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
With an 8" exhaust, you need to have 4 6" holes to have just over twice the intake area of your exhaust. If you have the 8" going for exhaust, I would have all the 6" vents open and any of the rectangle windows in the tent open. Especially since it's in a room that only holds the tent. Just need to make sure the room is light tight.

Pull air from outside the room(coolest air possible, basement air works nice) into the room and thru the tent, out of the house. That should help lower temps some. The way you have it now. If your running air from outside thru the light and out of the room, you could air condition the room and that would prolly help keep temps lower. Only thing with that comes the need for exchanging the air in the room, or having co2 supplementation.

Speed of green

Yeah what OG said. You need more vents.

unless you run ducting from all your vents to the outside then you will have to use the room the tent is in as a lung room.

Also you have an 8" fan as your exhaust and a smaller 6"fan as your intake with no other vents. You are choking your 8" fan, it is trying to pull air faster than the little 6" can push it.

Ditch the 6" fan and open vents.

if you are still overheating after that use the 6" fan as an additional exhaust and open more vents.

Passive intake is key.

good luck!

Thanks a lot everyone!! really appreciate it.

I get the points about passive air flow and the lung room.
I have a bigger fan on the way to replace the 6" so I can have more cooler air going into the lung room. Thats because I cant have the door to the lung room open so theres little air getting in there.
By this time tomorrow I should have a tent working at a steady 25 degrees! fingers crossed.

So the 6" inlet got replaced with an 8" but the tent ballooned as the fan speed controller couldn't cope with two of the same size fans so I made the old 6" an outlet as well. Things improved, temps were 25/26, that was until the weather decided to go mental - now 30 plus daytime 22 to 25 night time. The lonely AC unit sitting in the corner for the last few years is now earning its keep!

Old Toker

..the tent ballooned as the fan speed controller couldn't cope with two of the same size fans so I made the old 6" an outlet as well...
Glad to hear temps are improving. What kind of fan controller do you have? Did you attach an additional carbon filter to the "new" 6" outlet or are you venting into the lung room?:tiphat: