What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Strong Of A Air Conditioner Would I Need For 84 Gavita's?

ganjourno

40 tons man. 84 X 1,200W = 101KW. BTU to remove 1KW of heat plus room heat, other equip, etc = appx 4,500BTU. So you need 454,500BTU of cooling. 12,000BTU per ton, so 38 tons, round up to 40. You can probably cut that in half or more if you air cool your lights separately.

YetiOG

Split into 2 rooms u could get by with half the tonnage... Also being up north in Canada u can pull air from outside most of the year and reduce u load... I assume u got a nice budget n there's many ways to skin a cat ... They scream every time... Id check out Dj thread on coco trees he was running multiple 24 lighters with minimal ac. vpd perfected n it should work for your local.... Everything will be fixated on ya design, with some creative air movement u could possibly pull it off with minimal a.c. like 7.5 if u split the room up n bpd style but Id have at least 2 on hand for summer or you could need 30plus all depending on plans n ingenuity...

It's not the arctic here summer time gets hot here. Plus if never pull outside air on a crop that big, wretched PM persists around a few spots especially bc, Alberta and Ontario so I wouldn't risk it. I live in 1 of those 3 places, frequent all and see pm around all over the place on plants that are around

I agree about splitting the room though there's so many rooms its worth it. If you have the rooms set to flip it will require half the electrical service it would running that many lights. Plus then you need half the cooling.

I'd cut that into 2 flower rooms for sure.

Rabbi

40 tons man. 84 X 1,200W = 101KW. BTU to remove 1KW of heat plus room heat, other equip, etc = appx 4,500BTU. So you need 454,500BTU of cooling. 12,000BTU per ton, so 38 tons, round up to 40. You can probably cut that in half or more if you air cool your lights separately.

Yeah going single ended with air cooled lights still isn't out of the question, it's what I do now and saves a ton in cooling.

Part of the concern I have though is that it seems like I always tend to get leaks in my flex hose and than smell leaks outside. This Quonset is very close to the entrance/exist road to the town so keeping smells from leaking outside is obviously extremely important.

Edit: I suppose a carbon filter at the end of the out take would take care of that. I don't know why I make problems out to be way harder than they are all the time lol.

Last edited:

Rabbi

It's not the arctic here summer time gets hot here. Plus if never pull outside air on a crop that big, wretched PM persists around a few spots especially bc, Alberta and Ontario so I wouldn't risk it. I live in 1 of those 3 places, frequent all and see pm around all over the place on plants that are around

I agree about splitting the room though there's so many rooms its worth it. If you have the rooms set to flip it will require half the electrical service it would running that many lights. Plus then you need half the cooling.

I'd cut that into 2 flower rooms for sure.

I'm starting to consider it tbh. Since I'm not going full mass right it away though it does thankfully buy me some time to decide.

Rabbi

Sounds like power(800 amp) is getting installed Aug 14th so I still have a little time before making some decisions.

Rabbi

Alittle off subject but how are you liking jacks? And can you share your recipe? I'm also using it and like it so far.

I found it lacking something in veg(plants too yellow)but I wasn't patient enough to make many adjustments...yet. I upped the cal/nit a bit but still no real noticeable difference. How's your veg looking? Other than that working great in flower though. Went back to AN for veg for now. I'll eventually play with it in veg again.

Not much of a recipe really. I use "Jacks Hydro" and Cal/Nit. I make stock solutions with the recommended amount from J.R. Peters.

I usually rock around 700-800 ppms but some say that's a little too much. To each their own though.

eric2028

Veteran
I found it lacking something in veg(plants too yellow)but I wasn't patient enough to make many adjustments...yet. I upped the cal/nit a bit but still no real noticeable difference. How's your veg looking? Other than that working great in flower though. Went back to AN for veg for now. I'll eventually play with it in veg again.

Not much of a recipe really. I use "Jacks Hydro" and Cal/Nit. I make stock solutions with the recommended amount from J.R. Peters.

I usually rock around 700-800 ppms but some say that's a little too much. To each their own though.

That's the same issue I was having in veg too. Plants lacking alittle something. Loving it in flower tho also.

I called jr peters and asked for a cannabis specific recipe.
I was given a good starting recipe:
Jacks 5-12-26 @ 3.6 grams/gallon
Cal/nit @ 2.43 grams/gallon

Here is the advanced recipe for co2 and higher performing plants:
Jacks 5-12-26 @ 5.66 grams/gallon
Cal/nit @ 3.02 grams/gallon
1 gram of epsom per gallon if needed.
Also blossom booster is recommended only for the first 2 weeks of bloom.

I've recently switched to the higher recipe and also added silicate. I'm seeing improvements in veg now. Hope this helps.

eric2028

Veteran
Btw my ec is around 2.8 with the higher recipe. With the blossom booster it's about 3.3! No leaf tips burning running this high yet. Although I'm only running half the amount of blossom booster they recommended.

Rabbi

That's the same issue I was having in veg too. Plants lacking alittle something. Loving it in flower tho also.

I called jr peters and asked for a cannabis specific recipe.
I was given a good starting recipe:
Jacks 5-12-26 @ 3.6 grams/gallon
Cal/nit @ 2.43 grams/gallon

Here is the advanced recipe for co2 and higher performing plants:
Jacks 5-12-26 @ 5.66 grams/gallon
Cal/nit @ 3.02 grams/gallon
1 gram of epsom per gallon if needed.
Also blossom booster is recommended only for the first 2 weeks of bloom.

I've recently switched to the higher recipe and also added silicate. I'm seeing improvements in veg now. Hope this helps.
Thx for tips:tiphat:.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with the veg issues.

I find it kinda odd they would recommend the booster for first 2 weeks of flower. The plants don't even have flowers until 2 weeks.

Anyway we're side tracking here. Let's leave the Jacks talk for Jacks threads.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I actually already have a 5 ton split unit. Maybe the split unit for veg and a 10 ton for the remaining. That would just be for half of 84 lights(42 lights obviously lol).

That should work for 42 lights shouldn't it? Start off with 42 lights and work my way up 84 when needed. It would be the 5 ton split unit cooling off 10 veg lights and a 10 ton unit cooling off 32 lights in flower.

make sure and recapture that water from the condenser side and run it through RO.

Most 10 ton package units have 3/4 pvc pipe or 1 in pvc drain outlets

Latest posts

Latest posts