What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Simple Tea Recipe

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Waste of time. There is no evidence that fungi which grows in ACT provides any advantage for flowering. (although it could).

It is soil fungi, especially mycorrhizal species of fungi which help with fruit/flower set nutrient uptake. The greatest effect upon having a more fungal dominant ACT is to only run your ACT maker for 12 to 18 hours.

However this is entirely dependent upon your compost or vermicompost having a fungal component. There is actually quite a lot of discussion on this subject in the forum.

SamsonsRiddle

Waste of time. There is no evidence that fungi which grows in ACT provides any advantage for flowering. (although it could).

It is soil fungi, especially mycorrhizal species of fungi which help with fruit/flower set nutrient uptake. The greatest effect upon having a more fungal dominant ACT is to only run your ACT maker for 12 to 18 hours.

However this is entirely dependent upon your compost or vermicompost having a fungal component. There is actually quite a lot of discussion on this subject in the forum.

Seems like I only get bad news from you. LOL - Thanks for the info though and saving me from the waste of money and time.

Are there any good retail composts or vermicomposts that you would recommend for this type of ACT?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Samson; Read through the tea stickies and maybe some of my webpage. There are a few reliable suppliers of composts and vermicompost. Two of them are members here BAS & KIS.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

have you ever heard of anyone using the used substrate of mushroom growing to make fungal teas?

where's the discussion about this happening here? I'd like to check it out.:tiphat:

closetgrower69

I'm new here so could be way off - but since we are trying to get the same species living in our soils that are brewing in our tea, would it be a good idea to add 1 T/gal of soil to the tea at the start of the brew? I read that somewhere and have been wondering

Latest posts

Latest posts