What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Sativas own Old Toker

orfeas

Veteran
OK.....DWD...these pics are for you. Hope they serve as proper motivation to get in there and prune/tie down those plants.:tiphat:

No matter how "deranged" a grower might be, those lush satties will flourish like flemish lovers (remember Sylvia? )... :)

Too well done, mate!

:tiphat:Orpheus

Old Toker

No matter how "deranged" a grower might be, those lush satties will flourish like flemish lovers (remember Sylvia? )...
Thank you Orfeas!:tiphat:Certainly they are packed in there close enough to be lovers. I just hope they are all lesbians. :)

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

OK.....DWD...these pics are for you. Hope they serve as proper motivation to get in there and prune/tie down those plants.:tiphat:

Hmmm... I think as this point any worry should certainly start to be outweighed by the inevitable buckets of drool elicited by the spectacular colas you've got going! Yep, definitely good motivator;) (and a weird sentence)

Have they slowed down on the stretch?

Old Toker

Hmmm... I think as this point any worry should certainly start to be outweighed by the inevitable buckets of drool elicited by the spectacular colas you've got going! Yep, definitely good motivator;) (and a weird sentence)

Have they slowed down on the stretch?
Yes...they have....finally. I was beginning to understand your wisdom of growing in a room with a skylight. :)

I sure hope I like the smoke from the GTs. Just absolutely love the way they grow. Fast, tall, sturdy and huge branches (colas?) of flowers. If I get to harvest time with these GTs.....I may not even smoke them. Just hang them on the walls and decorate the house with them.:tiphat:

C

chris harris

Great thread OT. Everything is looking mighty fine. Looking forward to watching them progress.

Old Toker

Great thread OT. Everything is looking mighty fine. Looking forward to watching them progress.
Thank you CM!:tiphat: I'm actually more nervous/uncertain now than any other time in this grow. Maybe it's because I can literally smell the eventual end to this grow. Up to now I've figured I could deal pretty much with any issue....but the second half of flowering seems to have some potentially lethal pitfalls.:plant grow:

Old Toker

Day 51 of 12/12. Some bud pics. Upped my EC to 1.3 from 1.2....still on the low end but I have another 4 day trip (last one) next weekend and didn't want to adjust anything to radically.:tiphat:

Zam
PH (growing sideways)
GT

Attachments

• IMG_20170423_211546.jpg
    IMG_20170423_211546.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20170423_211536.jpg
    IMG_20170423_211536.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170423_211729.jpg
    IMG_20170423_211729.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 9

Old Toker

Beauteous, OT. I see what you mean about the GT being a star; my bet is you'll like if you did the malawi;)
Thank you DWD!:tiphat: In fairness though....I can''t remember the last time I didn't like some smoke. I grew up in the late 60s/early 70s and everything we bought ($20 oz:)) had tons of stems (big) and seeds. The few times it didn't....we were probably buying the males that helped produce the seeds. If any of my plants successfully reach harvest....I think I'll like them.....a lot.

I'm not going to pre-judge the quality of any of the girls. Other than the Malawi that I grew outside.....I may have NEVER smoked a pure Sativa...let alone a haze. Don't most commercial growers generally grow Indicas, or at least Indica dominant hybrids so that they can harvest more often? Anyway....I'm really looking forward to trying some different strains/phenos. It's going to be a tough job...but I'm willing to make the sacrifice.:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Old Toker, very nice plants. Sometimes it's hard for some smoke to live up to our memories. I know the older I get the better I was. At everything! My memories of some Mexican, late seventies early eighties. Was always sold as Oaxacan or Panama Red. In truth by the time it got this far north there was very little bud and mostly shake. But in Jr. High it was the best in the world. I hope your grow surpasses your memories. Peace

Old Toker

I hope your grow surpasses your memories.
Thank you Farmerlion!:tiphat:
What did Paul Simon say?
"And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match
My sweet imagination"
My memories are all good...and the ones that weren't....have morphed with time and imagination. :tiphat:

Old Toker

Posted the following in the Cannabis Infirmary forum. Naturally one day be fore I leave town again. Couple of plants showing some yellowing and spots on their leaves. Can't find any bugs. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20170425_212519.jpg
    IMG_20170425_212519.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170425_212535.jpg
    IMG_20170425_212535.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 11

Old Toker

Ok....for lack of better ideas/solutions and time....I decided to treat this as a calcium issue. Upped my Ph in my rez to 6.3 and flushed about a 1/2 a gal of feed through each of my plants. Supposedly plants uptake calcium better at a higher Ph. Normally I feed at 5.9-6.0....so we'll see if this helps. Not sure what the downside is to a 6.3 Ph ....but I guess I'll find out pretty soon.

Any other ideas/solutions? I have tomorrow night to try something else if anyone has a suggestion/comment.

Thanks!:tiphat:

Old Toker

I agree, calcium. Did you grab some cal/mag?

Peace GG
No....but I can make a run to the hydro shop tomorrow. The only possible problem with cal/mag is that I think my tap water 134 PPM (.2EC) has enough magnesium in it. For that matter it probably has enough calcium in it. I need quite a bit of Ph down to get to 5.9-6.0. Not sure what adding that much mag will do to the situation? Supposedly I will need to add 1 tsp per gal of water. Any idea what too much mag will do? Hate to take a bad situation and make it worse. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts