What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Just passing through the jungle m8s. Hope all are well. Down in the keys (marathon specifically). This place looks 3rd world after the storm. Kinda neat to say I'm staying in the home once owned by slim Whitman. (Old country western singer for those who don't know). Anyhow have fun and be safe this weekend!

We love the keys any word on Big Pine? I looked at an aerial of my friend there and it looked pretty bad, roof was there dock not so much What happened to the Key Deer?Love that campground there

Badfishy1

Honestly words cannot describe how Fucked up this place is. Talking about football fields of appliances laying on side of road in piles. Piles of everything that can be found in a house taller than excavators. I'm in Marathon in key colony beach and have years of work without leaving the island

Fiddynut

Good afternoon tribe.

I hope everyone's week went well and your all having a great start to your weekend. I keep forgetting to get some pics of the plants in their new home I'll try to get some over the weekend. Plants are looking good and seem happy.

@ Rodehazrd. 6/9 sounds like a pretty good ratio on the Larrys. I'm looking forward to getting some moms going and seeing what it's like to grow from clone. Not worrying about whether they will be boys or girls and being able to top early and train sounds like fun. I hear you on popping seeds and getting to know other strains too. I sometimes get some weird leaves with seedlings too and always just thought it was the plant getting use to the soil and available nutes. It sounds like between the ca and the big bloom you've got them dialed pretty well.

@ Badfishy. Sounds like things arnt going to be back to normal for quite a while down there. It's never easy to come back from so much destruction. Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes. Maybe all the cleanup will boost the local economy a little? Wishing you and your family the best.

Badfishy1

Good afternoon tribe.

I hope everyone's week went well and your all having a great start to your weekend. I keep forgetting to get some pics of the plants in their new home I'll try to get some over the weekend. Plants are looking good and seem happy.

@ Rodehazrd. 6/9 sounds like a pretty good ratio on the Larrys. I'm looking forward to getting some moms going and seeing what it's like to grow from clone. Not worrying about whether they will be boys or girls and being able to top early and train sounds like fun. I hear you on popping seeds and getting to know other strains too. I sometimes get some weird leaves with seedlings too and always just thought it was the plant getting use to the soil and available nutes. It sounds like between the ca and the big bloom you've got them dialed pretty well.

@ Badfishy. Sounds like things arnt going to be back to normal for quite a while down there. It's never easy to come back from so much destruction. Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes. Maybe all the cleanup will boost the local economy a little? Wishing you and your family the best.

Yeah bud all is well for myself and famalam. Things are getting back to normal at home, but I'm down south and things are far from normal and will be for a while! As far as local economy, money is being spent at ridiculous rates. In the past 2 days we have spent over $15k in materials alone. That doesn't include over 300 hours in labor. So yes, money is FLYING here

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah bud all is well for myself and famalam. Things are getting back to normal at home, but I'm down south and things are far from normal and will be for a while! As far as local economy, money is being spent at ridiculous rates. In the past 2 days we have spent over $15k in materials alone. That doesn't include over 300 hours in labor. So yes, money is FLYING here

Hey Badfishy, I, used to work with a guy who went to work In Louisiana after Katrina, this guy bought a house every couple months for cash. They were all total gut jobs but now he owns 10 or 12 homes. It's sad for the people who lost everything, guys quite wealthy now. I don't understand why they bring outside help, instead of employing locals. Dude lived in a travel trailer saved all his extra money and built an empire. I guess their are people who are willing to bust their ass and make something happen. One of my customers went to Houston and is making a killing out their.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
nice tidy set up there rode'!
about how much soil do those square containers hold?
thats what i always heard about mushrooms that bruise a certain color
/the purple and blue are the signs of "exotic" mushrooms

thats crazy to hear about fla', badfish
hopefully the area is getting the help it needs and people are able to start rebuilding

i kind of feel that same way about the paranormal,fiddy
its fun to hear stories and i think we have all experienced things outside of normal
/they say my house is haunted too, werid things have happened that were more than just bumps in the night
but i think it also addresses the ultimate question about what happens to you when you die
ghosts and stuff like that suggests an afterlife, which mean you never really die, you just pass to another state
/im especially interested in how every culture around the world has its own folklore
i dont think the plants normally droop after watering
in my experience,the opposite is usually the case
/the plants are droopy before i water and perk up after
but from what you discribe, the plants seem to be doing great
im planning on cracking some seed this weekend
im excited about those old nirvana seed plus ther might be a special addition coming along for the ride
/dont want to say too much until i have the bean in hand, but ill keep you posted , brother

we went over to my friends house yesterday but showed up kind of late
it was too dark to really take pics but he had a few shots he got during the week
she seems to be packing on the weight and frosting up nicely

picture.php

View image in gallery

this is the overall view and he also sent a couple close ups:

Badfishy1

Hey Badfishy, I, used to work with a guy who went to work In Louisiana after Katrina, this guy bought a house every couple months for cash. They were all total gut jobs but now he owns 10 or 12 homes. It's sad for the people who lost everything, guys quite wealthy now. I don't understand why they bring outside help, instead of employing locals. Dude lived in a travel trailer saved all his extra money and built an empire. I guess their are people who are willing to bust their ass and make something happen. One of my customers went to Houston and is making a killing out their.

Well, yeah if you have the ability to go and chase the work there is money to be made. I was reading in January that the us needs 6 million skilled tradesman to keep country running. Since then we have had 3 natural disasters! One problem is that growing up kids are told you must go to school blah blah blah. So that leaves a huge demand for Electricians, plumbers, hvac, mechanics etc. As far as why they hire people that travel is because especially on an island like the keys, there is not enough man power to get the place back together. Most people have to hire people from a couple hours away to get what they need done regularly. When things like this happen, there simply isn't the man power to get back together. Another thing is that Puerto Rico typically hires help from Miami to get regular large scale projects done (hotels and such). Well after devastating hurricanes, that basically have wiped the island away, that need is much greater. Adding to the fact that the keys are taking away any manpower already, PR is basically fucked for the next 6 months to a year.

Rodehazrd

Wow BF so much ruined stuff. Glad you got work but tough being away from the family. Be careful there's a lot of bad ass bacteria in that crap.
Pop those are 6" pots so I guess about a quart the ones in the back are my fems those are 6 also but extra deep. I used them for seedlings to keep from watering so much.
:biggrin:

We always has some sort of paranormal story going I was taught to question the needs of the Haint, to say welcome in the love and light of our creator what do you want I personally never had the chance to ask so don't know if it always works. Getting an answer might make me rethink my belief system. If you paint the porch ceiling haint blue it keeps you clear too. I think the color is still available.

Last edited:

Badfishy1

We love the keys any word on Big Pine? I looked at an aerial of my friend there and it looked pretty bad, roof was there dock not so much What happened to the Key Deer?Love that campground there

Made it to big pine last night. On par with the rest of the keys. Some parts still smashed others looking to be on upswing

Badfishy1

Wow BF so much ruined stuff. Glad you got work but tough being away from the family. Be careful there's a lot of bad ass bacteria in that crap.
Pop those are 6" pots so I guess about a quart the ones in the back are my fems those are 6 also but extra deep. I used them for seedlings to keep from watering so much.
:biggrin:

We always has some sort of paranormal story going I was taught to question the needs of the Haint, to say welcome in the love and light of our creator what do you want I personally never had the chance to ask so don't know if it always works. Getting an answer might make me rethink my belief system. If you paint the porch ceiling haint blue it keeps you clear too. I think the color is still available.

Yes tough being away from lady and kids no doubt. Only thing that makes things better is my uncle moved his fishing operation down to key colony beach so I'm able to see him. Guess he is what one would call my mentor in life. He has helped me a lot in life, helped me get into fishing and such. He lost 95% of his traps and we have been fixing his boat after me working 10 hour days. Nice being able to give back, but working 16-20 hour days gets to be a lot. Crab season started the 5th and If we are able to get him in the water by next Monday I think he will be able to almost start breathing again

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine went by in the blink of an eye but I got a lot done including getting up to the cabin and pulling the pier and boats out and it's just about ready to be closed up for the season up there. We got an early enough start to get back in time for a game of disc golf and the last 3 quarters of the packer game. The cowboys still suck LOL.

@ Badfishy. I'm glad you and your fam are safe and things are getting back to normal for them. We can live without so many modern convince but baby's, kids and moms need that stuff (like AC and electricity) to be safe and healthy. It sounds like your going to be busy for a long time with the cleanup and rebuilding. It's good honest work and I see what you mean by having to bring in help from the north. Like you said there arnt a lot of people down there to do the work and many of the ones who do live there are elderly or not trained on basic building skills. Your right that that's not good news for PR because they need all the workers they can get and there are less available. It's a tough situation but I'm sure your making the best of it. Your spot on about their being a shortage of people in the trades. That was evident even 20+ years ago when I was in high school. There were less and less shop classes even then they were pushing kids into things like graphic design and anything else that used computers. That's cool your helping your uncle out down there. It sounds like he has been a good influence on you and this is a way to show your gratitude. I hear most small commercial fisherman live a hard and uncertain life and many are a bad season away from bankruptcy. Keep up the good work brother.

@ pop_rocks. I like the stories and folklore too but I am pretty skeptical about most things people consider paranormal. Like you I've seen some things I can't explain. I don't mind so much because having some mystery in life makes it interisting. I've always thought that the people who believe in a lot of that stuff and sometimes even religion do so because they can't stand not knowing and have to find an explanation for everything.
I've defenatly had plants that got pretty dry get a little droopy and they perk right up after watering. These plants didn't get that dry but most of the rootball was in the center of the pot right after repotting so maybe it was dryer than I thought where most of the roots were. I'll watch them next watering and see, maybe just them getting use to their new soil and pots. If it happens again I'll get some before and after pics. Other than the little bit of droopy the girls are doing well and starting to stretch.
How did your bean popping go last weekend? I can't wait to hear about this special guest. Keep us posted for sure. Schmoopy is looking great. Your right she is packing on the weight. And getting frosty too! Your buddy is doing a great job with her. Looking close at the leaves they look like they might be a sativa leaning strain, not a fat leafed indica.

@ Rodehazrd. I suppose if there are spirits and stuff it would be a good idea to speak to them with respect as you mentioned. Your right if I got a response form one I'd have to rethink things a bit. That's interisting that there is a color of paint that keeps them away, I'd never heard of that.

The plants and clones have been looking good over the weekend. The little droop after their watering was gone by later in the evening and they have been stretching a lot since then. The clones get droopy after lights on all night I think the heat burns off a lot of the moisture in my dome. I'm still misting the dome twice a day. I'm going to get some backup cuts from the lower branches and try out my bubble cloner in the next couple days. Here are a couple not so well taken pics. I'll get some better ones when I pull them out and take cuts soon.

Flower tent getting crowded allredy. I didn't want to flower 4 out because of the crowding but I'm going to try to keep them all so I know what I have in the clones. This way if I have a problem with one or more plants I can get rid of some and have some left.

Rodehazrd

Fiddy
Is that cloner a mister of sorts?I read they don't use any gel or hormone at all, what model did you get. I m keeping my plant count low for a while so I won't be doing a lot of cuts. I love that part of the growing. just got to stay low profile.

Here's a line on the blue from Southern Living
:tiphat:
Haint Blue

Blue porch ceilings are prevalent all throughout the South. Pale blue is not only visually expansive, but it’s also a ghost buster of sorts. The Gullah culture of the Lowcountry believes that spirits, known as “haints,” can’t cross water. Using light blue paint to symbolize water, the Gullah people applied the shade to porch ceilings and doors preventing evil spirits from entering,

Badfishy1

For him he HAS to work. Not so much for financial reasons but that's all he knows is work work work. He made plenty of money in the 80s but still work is an addiction to him. That combined with pride him not on the water at 430 everyday til sundown is torture

Fiddynut

Fiddy
Is that cloner a mister of sorts?I read they don't use any gel or hormone at all, what model did you get. I m keeping my plant count low for a while so I won't be doing a lot of cuts. I love that part of the growing. just got to stay low profile.

Here's a line on the blue from Southern Living
:tiphat:
Haint Blue

Blue porch ceilings are prevalent all throughout the South. Pale blue is not only visually expansive, but it’s also a ghost buster of sorts. The Gullah culture of the Lowcountry believes that spirits, known as “haints,” can’t cross water. Using light blue paint to symbolize water, the Gullah people applied the shade to porch ceilings and doors preventing evil spirits from entering,
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

The new cloner is a DWC cloner that uses lots of bubbles and a pump to provide plenty of oxygen and circulate the water. It was kind of an impulse buy the last time I was at the hydro store. Ive read they are simple to use and I'm hoping it makes taking clones less work, I don't want to have to be home twice a day to mist them if I don't have to be. The mister ones are I think aero cloner and I've heard good things about them as well but also heard they need more maintenance to keep the sprayers clean and clog free. Your right you don't need cloning gel or anything besides water to use this cloner which is nice too. The only time you need to add to the water is if you keep rooted cuts for long they need to be fed a bit.

Now I see why the blue color is said to keep spirits out. That makes sense that if they can't cross water they won't move through an area painted like that. Very interisting thanks for sharing.

Fiddynut

For him he HAS to work. Not so much for financial reasons but that's all he knows is work work work. He made plenty of money in the 80s but still work is an addiction to him. That combined with pride him not on the water at 430 everyday til sundown is torture
Good afternoon Badfishy.

I know people who just have to be working all the time. I work for a guy like that, he built the business and still insists on being here 60+ hours a week even though he dosent have to. I kind of feel bad for some people like that b cause life is short and there are things to enjoy. To each his own but I have no problem putting the tools down at the end of the day and not thinking about work until the next morning. I'm glad he is in a good spot financially and I hope he gets back on the water soon and finds happiness.

Rodehazrd

Hey fishy
Its not uncommon for young and middle age people to identify with their trade as who they are. I used to take my hand tools and meter on vacation. But older folk usually mellow out. Not always as you can see. I plied all the young men in our clan with "Iron John" by Robert Bly in their late twenties. Just to help them think more openly about what Life is. Its a collection of original fairy stories for adults not for children, those are watered down.
Its good you get a look at a workaholic and know you don't want to be one. Not all the time anyway.
be careful down there in that mess

Badfishy1

Hey fishy
Its not uncommon for young and middle age people to identify with their trade as who they are. I used to take my hand tools and meter on vacation. But older folk usually mellow out. Not always as you can see. I plied all the young men in our clan with "Iron John" by Robert Bly in their late twenties. Just to help them think more openly about what Life is. Its a collection of original fairy stories for adults not for children, those are watered down.
Its good you get a look at a workaholic and know you don't want to be one. Not all the time anyway.
be careful down there in that mess

Thanks for words of wisdom sir. I fully agree life is too short to be a slave to punching the clock. I'm personally not a person who is at all driven by material things. Some of my best experiences in life have been with people that I love/ admire doing what I love. That said, one of my downfalls is my work ethic combined with my competitiveness. Especially with the family. If my uncle tells me he can run 200' of pipe in a day, I NEED to run 250'. If he tells me he pulled 500 traps yesterday, I NEED to pull 501. The difficulty for me is finding the balance between fulfilling my personal 'needs/expectations' and being the best father I can be. It's easy to become blinded by providing nice things for my family yet not being supportive of the lady. my dad was always the provider of things for my family and my mother provided the love. Never wanted to be like my dad in that way yet looking at it I guess I've turned out the same way. Enough with the rant. Hope all are well

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i think we are all driven to be our best,Fishy'
but its important to keep perspective and balance our work and personal life
like f'nut, i love what i do for work and take great pride in what i produce
but at the end of the day, its just my job
thats crazy you said the thing about your dad, i guess we all said that when we were young
/i know ive said the same thing, brother

"...say welcome in the love and light of our creator"
great idea rode', thanks for the reminder to focus on the good
i might not be the most spiritual guy but i think good thoughts bring good actions
maybe if the world was just a little more positive things would not be so stupid right now
i will have to look up those stories too!
i really enjoy a good parable

f'nut
i think a lot of the new age'ers overlook the magic all around us in life
the changing season, interactions between thigns in nature, we are surrounded by miracles and wonder
in literature, they are called archetypes
universal situations and stories that transcend culture and time
if you pay attention, you can learn a lot about a culture or person just from the stories they pass on
keep us posted on the clones progress
it could def be from the transplant or a number of factors
whatever it was didetn seem to slow them down
thanks for the observation about schmoopy
from smoking her previously i agree, she is on the more heady side
she is prob about a few weeks from harvest and we are prob going to start the flush in the next few weeks

hope every ones week is off to a great start!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates, not much here, had to cancel the, fishing "trip". I had to get clones cut for the big room. Still got more to cut tonight. Still having some yellowing on the new growth of the seed plants, going to check en out in an hour when the lights come on. Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. I got a reprieve from school tonight, since it's Columbus day.

Rodehazrd

Hey Tribe
Here is a pix of my candy kush the addition of calcium nitrate seems to have fixed the distorted leaves. You can see the bent ones on the lower stems. The cookies, dutch kush and bigbud X northern lights in the white pots never showed it but the cookies on the rear left really took off.

Attachments

• IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 9