What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Well to thank me for moving it outside my AC decided to crap out on me today. Fan seized up so I’ll need to get it replaced. Luckily my new Hvac guy came out already to get get the part number.
Won’t be able to turn on lights until it’s fixed. When I went out this evening temps were 117 degrees. I’m a bit concerned about the flowers that are well developed but the two lights that are under 30 days couldn’t look better lol. Praying hard.
Sure hope it can be fixed tomorrow but I’m not counting on it.

Ouch! One of my biggest fear is the ac taking a crap at my grow. I used to work on ac systems too and I still dread it. Living in the Carolinas...the heat and humidity is no joke.

Hope you get that fan up and running tomorrow dude. :good:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no doubt ouch! at least swamp coolers are easy to fix,and the parts dont cost much...not perfect by any stretch,but it does the trick,temps aren't textbook perfect by any means,but it aint 100 in there my any stretch!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My AC crapped out during a heat wave last summer. It was a big 220 wall unit for the whole down stairs. I couldnt get any help because all repair places were flooded with calls.
It got up over 90 degrees in the house, with one portable ac.

It sucked!!!!!!

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Been trimming

Here are trimmed bud pictures from one of my Double Dutch f2's that I made. These are from the #3

The fragrance of this plant/buds, is a very dank scent that is like a bubble gum-ish smell.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Morning all,

Those are some nice looking buds gano....and a tight trim too

Good luck on the fan TC....I would think a major parts supplier would stock fan motors

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
When to chop is always hard for me to judge

View Image

View Image

That becomes more complicated when you have stuff that you crossed and then grew those seeds out. Most of the time my first guess is to flower the plant as long as her mother would be flowered for. Some times you get those ones that go longer then their mommies did. Some times when you scope different strains/varieties they can have different prime harvest times but not have the same coloration of the resin heads.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
When to chop is always hard for me to judge

View Image

View Image

You should checkout @bloomfieldrobotics when you are on IG. They have a wand that uses a camera along with artificial intelligence to tell you exactly when to harvest by counting trichomes and determining the ratio of clear to cloudy to amber.
A little over the top but interesting to see what’s going on in the “industry”.

Morning all, praying for a fan today.

gmanwho

Veteran
Well to thank me for moving it outside my AC decided to crap out on me today. Fan seized up so I’ll need to get it replaced. Luckily my new Hvac guy came out already to get get the part number.
Won’t be able to turn on lights until it’s fixed. When I went out this evening temps were 117 degrees. I’m a bit concerned about the flowers that are well developed but the two lights that are under 30 days couldn’t look better lol. Praying hard.

good luck on fixing that ac. i know the feeling. i saw you posted on IG about asking if you can oil it. was gonna reply but there was already so much going on in the responses.

what i was gonna say is a majority of those dc fan motors are sealed, an you cant oil them. the seal goes bad an rain water gets in and destroys the bearings an magnets. once its out an replaced bet 10-1 if you separate the motor case it will be a rusty mess in there. my fujitsu was a mess an full of broken magnet pieces.

had it happen on one of my fujitsu and a mitsubishi before. easy enough repair, takes more time dealing with covers and ziptieing wires. good thing is they are usually simple plug connections. nothing to incorrectly wire up

setup a few temporary fluros in the flower room, or shop lights to keep to the lighting schedule. plants should just see it as a cloudy day. hell every other day is perfectly sunny in there.

hope things work out for u....

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Thanks gman. Yeah yesterday I had to physically spin start the fan to get it started. Once it got spinning it seemed like it would limp along until lights out when I figured it would stop and get stuck again. Had to run to town last night and when I got back is when it was 117.
Half tempted to just run to Detroit and by a new unit if it’s going to be days for a fix.

The problem I got is all the damn heat in the room won’t dissipate. There is only a door to the veg room. Times like this an emergency exhaust fan would sure be nice. Maybe I can hook up a six inch vortex to some ducting and pull the heat out. Doesn’t help that I have two dehueys running in there either.

gmanwho

Veteran
Thanks gman. Yeah yesterday I had to physically spin start the fan to get it started. Once it got spinning it seemed like it would limp along until lights out when I figured it would stop and get stuck again. Had to run to town last night and when I got back is when it was 117.
Half tempted to just run to Detroit and by a new unit if it’s going to be days for a fix.

The problem I got is all the damn heat in the room won’t dissipate. There is only a door to the veg room. Times like this an emergency exhaust fan would sure be nice. Maybe I can hook up a six inch vortex to some ducting and pull the heat out. Doesn’t help that I have two dehueys running in there either.

ya gotta get some exchange of air in there for certain..

if you got the $, getting a commercial higher seer unit will save you money on electricity in the long run. personally , i like mitsubishi's the best. most compressors have a 10year warranty. tech support will talk to anyone without a license. Parts are easier to obtain. i have been in some type of technical repair all my life. so the basic hvac stuff came very easy. so that was a plus knowing that i cant just pick up the phone to get a hvac guy over an say heres my grow room cooling fix it.

i just pieced together 2 Mitsubishi 36kbtu 19 to 22 seer units( seer can change depending on what inside unit is chosen) . ebay scratch an dents. i spent 2400 on ... not one but 2 identical Mitsubishi commercial p series units. with shipping.

they are good down to -20f with wind baffles. these are $6500-8k units ...a piece.

commercial units also have a faster restart time in the event of a power failure. if the unit was running an power went off, some non commercail units can take up to 20 minutes to stabilize an restart the cooling. by then all your lights have been running for 20 minutes, an who knows what temp u could have reached by then.

another place to check is usedacdepot. which usually arent used, scratch an dent insurance freight damage claims etc. As long as the ac coil isnt ruptured, who cares about a little bent metal covers or some coil fins that need straightening with a fork or fin tool...

i do understand u need asap. so maybe for the next project... bwell an love the clean room!!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mornin campers...

yup,that's the thing i never liked about closed systems...just too many things that can break and fuck everything up...really it seems like you should install a traditional ventilation system,maybe even an extra turbo one in closed rooms because no one i know who runs one has gone a year without some mission critical equipment breaking down at some point...

plus in third's case at some point you're going to need to be able to bring your co2 levels down to ambient quickly to comply with osha rules at some point...

gmanwho

Veteran
So. im not sure what your situation is . but if you never want this to happen again, installing 2 identical units would be ideal.

what they do in server rooms is run 2 of the same units to meet the heat load. so if one fails the other can take on the full heat load. when not in an emergency situation, most units can ramp down an comfortably run at say 40% of their intended max cooling. yours would be 50/50, but just saying most inverter ac systems can go down to 40% or less power

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Luckily this is just my medium room not the new spot. Just opened it up and temps are down to 85 which I can deal with.
I went out at 3:00 am and turned off all the lights in the veg room and opened the door between veg and flower. The veg has a 8000 btu window unit so I guess having that working for seven hours helped out a bit.
Basically gonna treat it like a power outage at this point. The flower room gets enough ambient light from the veg so it can continue its cycle.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: so far so good for me with the new swamp coolers...last summer i was up on the roof constantly trying to keep the old leaky piece of crap that was up there limping along and not leaking all over the place...

that said,i need to get kool aid today to add to the water...in spite of the inline de-scaler i see the media in the mastercool is getting salty already...a little citric acid will help keep the pad clean...and may as well lube the bearings while i'm up there...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
So. im not sure what your situation is . but if you never want this to happen again, installing 2 identical units would be ideal.

what they do in server rooms is run 2 of the same units to meet the heat load. so if one fails the other can take on the full heat load. when not in an emergency situation, most units can ramp down an comfortably run at say 40% of their intended max cooling. yours would be 50/50, but just saying most inverter ac systems can go down to 40% or less power

Definitely the way to go for piece of mind. When it comes time to redo the whole unit I probably will go with the double up plan. Couple 18k’s would be real nice.
This company in Detroit has pretty damn nice pricing and have units using Mitsubishi compressors. Thermospace is the name and my Hvac always tells me he can’t touch their prices.
Then again I’m kind of sick of mini splits and the mold issues with the air handlers.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013: done trimming...

looks like 12oz total (9 oz of trimmed buds,3 oz of popcorn i didn't trim) from one cherry cookies plant in a 15 gallon smart pot...and it was the smaller of the 2 big cc plants i had...the next one is a much nicer looking plant overall too so possibly 12 and 4 from that one...

and another 7oz of cc trim will round out the cc trim i have to make for a nice blasting run...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Two different phenos of the c99f2s @ day 58 from bugman...the green one has a pineapple smell to it with larger buds vs the darker one with earlier finish time and a fruity smell I cannot pin down yet. Will keep one of these around to make a few seeds

View Image

View Image

the top bud looks ilke a mosca bud & the bottom bud looks more like my bro grimms bud, both r looking nice.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Good luck getting it fixed 3rd !!! not the time of year for the AC to crap out fer sure !!! :toohot:

:dance013: done trimming...

looks like 12oz total (9 oz of trimmed buds,3 oz of popcorn i didn't trim) from one cherry cookies plant in a 15 gallon smart pot...and it was the smaller of the 2 big cc plants i had...the next one is a much nicer looking plant overall too so possibly 12 and 4 from that one...

and another 7oz of cc trim will round out the cc trim i have to make for a nice blasting run...

i've gotta start trimming tonight myself , taking down 3 GG4 & 3 Nasa bruce . one tray of 6 each night , broken up into 3 nights . 6 more gorillas & 6 BB3 after these are done .

still feel like crap , so it will probably be a long night !

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:well that's a bummer dan...heck,you should see me getting warmed up on the bike...the first 10 minutes is for getting my knees to agree that pedaling is a good idea,then once i get moving there's the little coughing fit where i spend a few minutes horking up lung oysters...but then i'm all good to go!:bigeye:

yeah....woulda saved me a lot of time in life if i had realized what a dumbass i am earlier in life:biggrin:

hauled a bunch of groceries home today...pretty much a full trailer...enough weight to make it fairly tippy...but nice to have the fridge and freezer full again...

and bought 3 more nice bike bells from tree fort bikes...another of the spurcycle raw bells,then a couple of bells that dont cost 50 bucks each!! they had videos online so i could listen to them...the spurcycle bells are so frickin nice though,hard to compete...

Latest posts

Latest posts