What's new

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking plant in early flowering Cactus Squatter :) Thanks for keep us updated.

Welcome Ravel thanks foing joining the ACE wagon, glad to see you growing Tikal, hope you find type of effects and incense you are looking for.
Seedling in the pic is just rootbound, transplant her to bigger pot with good soil and water in correct ph and new growth will be healthy again.

Ravel

Thanks dubi! I've got four Tikals going right now so I'll be posting updates as they mature.

I'm planning on flowering them in my 4'x4' tent. I know these have the potential for serious stretch so I'm wondering if there's a certain height or age or number of nodes at which to flip to 12/12 in order for four plants to fit inside of a 4x4? Or is 4 just going to be too many for that tent no matter how young I flip them?

Thanks!

Cactus Squatter

Thanks dubi! I've got four Tikals going right now so I'll be posting updates as they mature.

I'm planning on flowering them in my 4'x4' tent. I know these have the potential for serious stretch so I'm wondering if there's a certain height or age or number of nodes at which to flip to 12/12 in order for four plants to fit inside of a 4x4? Or is 4 just going to be too many for that tent no matter how young I flip them?

Thanks!

This is my first Tikal grow, and I only have 1 mixed in with 3 Haze crosses in my 4x4, but after watching her I really want to do a straight Tikal grow. You’re going to have a killer grow with those. Good luck with everything.
Mine has stretched 3x the size it was in veg. I vegged for 3-4 weeks.
With all the super stretchy sativas I usually run them 12/12 until they’re close to the final size I want to deal with and then switch to 11/13. That seems to slow down the stretching and make them focus on flowers.

Ravel

This is my first Tikal grow, and I only have 1 mixed in with 3 Haze crosses in my 4x4, but after watching her I really want to do a straight Tikal grow. You’re going to have a killer grow with those. Good luck with everything.
Mine has stretched 3x the size it was in veg. I vegged for 3-4 weeks.
With all the super stretchy sativas I usually run them 12/12 until they’re close to the final size I want to deal with and then switch to 11/13. That seems to slow down the stretching and make them focus on flowers.

Thanks man, wish you luck on yours, keep us updated!

My issue is that my flower tent could be occupied for another few weeks. My plan was to let them continue to grow until the 6th node appears, top them at the 3rd or 4th node, then LST the remaining branches down to the pot. I guess it all depends on how they respond to topping. Would you recommend topping or LST for Tikal?

Cactus Squatter

Mine is responding amazingly well to LST alone. I stopped topping any of my plants and only use LST now. I tie down my main stems, side stems, and continually gently bend tips of all branches over daily so they get bushier instead of tall, then flip to 11/13 when I want stretch to slow down.
So far it’s worked well for every ace strain I’ve grown except for the Honduras x Panama and Purple Honduras I did last year. The HonPan ate up my entire tent space and the Honduras outdoors had to be topped several times to keep it from being a 20ft tree visible to all my neighbors. They’re monsters that just don’t stop.

Ravel

Yeah LST is my go to. I was thinking of topping to bring down the height and slow the growth since I have at least another 2 weeks before I can put these in the flower tent. I'll just have to see how quickly they grow. Maybe I'll top the tallest one(s) and LST the smaller ones. I guess the question is which phenos would respond better to topping, the sativa leaning or the indica leaning? It just seems like topping would tame the sativas a little bit more.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ravel Tikal (all its phenos) responds very well to topping. If you have limited space i would switch them to flower with no more than 4 weeks of life (with proper growth from seed).

Cactus Squatter

dubi is there any info somewhere on the Tikal R7 x Honduras R&D?
Or just info on that particular pheno of Tikal? I just placed a big ass order with Mandala and grabbed a pack of those.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cactus Squatter, glad you got some Tikal R7 x Honduras regular seeds from our R+D while it was available, thanks for supporting our work through Mandala :yes:
The Tikal mother is a refined F5 peach incensey pheno, widely used in our Tikal breeding and Tikal hybrids like this one and others like Guawi.
I think NCali grew Tikal x Honduras and posted some results in this room, probably others too.

Cactus Squatter

Hi Cactus Squatter, glad you got some Tikal R7 x Honduras regular seeds from our R+D while it was available, thanks for supporting our work through Mandala :yes:
The Tikal mother is a refined F5 peach incensey pheno, widely used in our Tikal breeding and Tikal hybrids like this one and others like Guawi.
I think NCali grew Tikal x Honduras and posted some results in this room, probably others too.

Thanks for the info! I found that thread and read through it again. I’m really excited based on what I’ve seen Honduras do in crosses, and on what my current Tikal is looking like so far in early flower. I really love the incense profiles and am excited to see what I get from them.

My current Tikal is beautiful. Slight double serrations on the fan leaves, super branchy, very vigorous. I’m really excited to see what she does when she really starts flowering heavily.

Ncali

Veteran

For those looking for a strong incense smell while smoking, I cant recomend thos strain enough. Such a beautiful motivating smoke, the after smoke fills the room with such a beautiful smell. The terps of the cured flower don't hold hints of the smell of the smoke, but it has wonderful terps in its own right. Reminds me a little of hazey crosses, certainlya wonderful sativa. My cut is back flowering.

Will grow more this year or next :good:

Ravel

Thanks dubi. I'm planning on letting the two larger ones grow another week, then topping at the 3rd or 4th node to give 6-8 main branches. I also have two smaller ones that are almost 2 weeks behind the larger ones. I'll just LST these and see how they compare to the toppeds. I'll post some update pics in a week or so.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Cactus Squatter will be a pleasure to follow the flowering stage of your Tikal :)

Thank you so much for the feedback Ncali :thank you: That's also what i love from Tikal: her marvelous effects, delicious fruity terps in flowering and wonderful incense in the air ....

Ravel keep us updated with yours, thanks!

Cactus Squatter

Cactus Squatter will be a pleasure to follow the flowering stage of your Tikal :)

Thank you so much for the feedback Ncali :thank you: That's also what i love from Tikal: her marvelous effects, delicious fruity terps in flowering and wonderful incense in the air ....

Ravel keep us updated with yours, thanks!

She’s definitely starting to get a distinct peach incense smell. I wish she wasn’t in the back so I could check easily more often.

Cactus Squatter

24253FC5-5CD9-48EF-855C-0BFD37B1DD76.jpeg
98281C1C-2A95-4FCD-A1B1-81CC29427359.jpeg
31E9CA17-1CED-488B-A1CA-D5A613567948.jpeg

631EEF79-CFBD-43BB-9088-09705F06B544.jpeg

Tikal goodness at just over 8 weeks since flip. The peach smell is just starting to come in. The incense has been around for a few weeks now but is getting stronger smelling. She’s a non stop beast of a plant. I can’t wait to run one of these outdoors.

revegeta666

Hi dubi & co!

Speaking of the peachy tasting pheno, I wonder if it appears less frequently in the regular seeds. Is this because of the parents used? I grew a pack of Tikal regulars last summer, and all females but one came out with more of a strawberry candy/floral smell and taste, than peach. The only peachy one I got was this scraggly foxtaily pheno (see 3rd picture). Very happy overall with this strain. It has become one of my favorites and my goto day smoke, as it just lightens my mood and makes me want to do stuff. It tastes great but the effect is the best part about it for sure. I made F2 seeds and will be growing it for many years to come.

Now I got a 5-pack of Ace fem mix growing indoors, waiting for the weather to get better so they can go outside. I was wondering if there is a dedicated thread to help identify plants in mix packs, or if I should just open a new one when the time comes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-25 18.03.52.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 18.03.52.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot 2022-04-25 18.04.58.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 18.04.58.png
    948.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2022-04-25 20.59.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 20.59.17.png
    494.7 KB · Views: 134

RobFromTX

Hi dubi & co!

Speaking of the peachy tasting pheno, I wonder if it appears less frequently in the regular seeds. Is this because of the parents used? I grew a pack of Tikal regulars last summer, and all females but one came out with more of a strawberry candy/floral smell and taste, than peach. The only peachy one I got was this scraggly foxtaily pheno (see 3rd picture). Very happy overall with this strain. It has become one of my favorites and my goto day smoke, as it just lightens my mood and makes me want to do stuff. It tastes great but the effect is the best part about it for sure. I made F2 seeds and will be growing it for many years to come.

Now I got a 5-pack of Ace fem mix growing indoors, waiting for the weather to get better so they can go outside. I was wondering if there is a dedicated thread to help identify plants in mix packs, or if I should just open a new one when the time comes.
I grew out a 3 pack of fems 2 years back. 2 produced light colored buds that had that strawberry smell and the third produced darker buds with no smell at all. Stellar smoke though. Id like to grow them again