What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you feel like smacking your forehead & saying WTF. Your welcome here. Come on in!

O

Oti$

I built one of those aero clones and never got one clone to take off. I did get nubs and even a root our two, but never anything worth transplanting. I might dust the thing off and try Snype's formula a try.

J

johndoe123

My experience with aero cloners is that in the winter I had to run a humidifier to get any cut to root beyond the bumps. Good ol rapid rooters and a dome for me. What has cut my time down from 2-3 weeks to a week or 2 is a heat mat and thermostat that has a probe for the medium. Set that at 78 and they will explode roots on ya!

Foreman000

Oti$ I ran my little one with a air stone & it took about like 3 weeks. Then my buddy let me borrow his ez cloner 16 site & half the time. I was impressed. Just looked on eBay 16 site ez cloner calling it a classic $130. My set up maybe $30 bucks. With snypes recipe I was very impressed.

Foreman000

John doe 123: I checked out your thread & I will stop by & post in yours because I appreciate u posting in mine. U are for sure on a way higher level than me. So I'm not disregarding your advice. I already spent the money to build this thing so I'm going to give it a try. This run I'm trying to use up what I have around. I have so many things in boxes not even opened before I even try it because I see so many cool things on this site. Short attention span is my m o.
So while you have me concerned about the luck you've had during the winter (because you live in a state with real winter weather) I'm just going to hope for the best with what I got. And if it doesn't pan out, I think I'll try my freinds JD123 advice. Thank you.

O

Oti$

Do you let the pump run continuously on the cloner or is it on a timer?

Foreman000

Oti$ I run it continuously. My veg is lights on 24/7. Ph start at 5.7 let it drift up a lil. I'll let it go a couple days. Snype recommends 1 drop of bleach per every 2!gallons. I have followed his advice, but not every time I mix in a batch. Maybe every third batch. On my clones anyway. Just scary putting bleach in any thing you're trying to gro IMO. But I added it to a Dwc single plant on a more regular basis. My results were bad. I don't think it was from the bleach tho. Ph issues pretty sure. I'm Rambling sorry. Continuesly yes. Thank you for posting here & asking my advice. I am by no means an expert. What I'm spitting out is what I've read hear mix in a smidge of experience. Maybe half of a half of a smidge. Shit speaking of halfs, what did I do with that halfer? I'll be back. :biggrin:

Plush1

Foreman for what's worth I also cloned in a home-made bubbler for my first 2 years. It worked fantastic in summer. However my grow is in the basement and in the winter I could barely get roots and I lost lots of clones. Water temps wouldn't get much above 70 or so even with the heat mat, humidity can get quite low here in the winter, and the brown slime got me both years. Lost a couple strains last year because of it and so this winter I've switched to the rapid rooters with a dome and I'm getting nearly 100% in a week's time even with freezing temps outside.
Both methods work but if your shed is too cold you should not waste too much time with the water until spring.

O

Oti$

Thanks, I can't remember the time of year I tried this cloner but I'm having trouble getting things to root this winter. I'm thinking I will throw a heat Matt under ether cloner to try to get the temps up clone and veg in a cold basement.
I've been experimenting with coco cloning with pathetic results. I went and bought a bag of root plugs today since this is how I have the greatest success and I have some spaces coming up that have to be filled. I'm going to disinfect the aero and give it another whirl....it seems like every time I go to buy root plugs they are moor expensive than the last. On top of that, my hydro whore only sells bags of 75(?) So its costing me over 100$ to fill 4 trays. If I could get this aero thing to work out, it would save me a little cash.
I appreciate the input, I think when I built the thing I was on a diy kick and kind of just built it bc I saw it wood be easy and I didn't really research hoe to properly run one; I think I just dumped some clonex in the res and let it run until everything pretty much damped

Foreman000

Plush1, how are ya bro. Tell you what my problem is not being to cold in there by any means. Right now it's 13* outside, 62% humidity. My outside dimensions are 8'x14'. I lose a foot inside. My walls are 2x6 studs. I have 5/8" plywood on the inside, outside & ceiling. Sitting on cement. Ceiling, walls & floor are all insulated between plywood. I have
A small radiator heater & it's 82* in there now. My problem no humidity. In the process of taking down a divider wall to utilize the whole space. So I moved a door. Now it's not as sealed up as it used to be. Plus with the cold I don't run my ac anymore. I have to get my air exchange going. I plan on drawing up what I have so people can quit smacking their foreheads & saying WTF is he talking a about. :biggrin:
I have big plans for this room. And I need some help. So that's why I'm here posting up. At the same time I'm not going to run out. I have a habit to support.

So how about enough yakking & show me some pics Sumbitch:)

I took this plant down day before yesterday. If I would have left it another day hanging it would've turned to dust. I just did a rough trim
throwed it in that cooler with a couple leaves. Probably a lil over 2 onions. That's about my average. I hate my fucking average. :cuss:

Foreman000

This is my first time growing in coco. I transplanted in veg from a 1 gal smart pot of promix. I've been feeding her everyday til run off.
To me she looks alright.

Day 4

Foreman000

This girl is in promix. This is only about the 6th plant I grew in promix.
I used to grow in ffof. First time I've added lava rocks on the bottom.
And I only did that because I was reading up on coco. Trimmed her legs up yesterday. I believe she's done with stretch.

Day 26

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Gry: I think the first time I heard this it was on ichabods thread. And the term is smart assery. And I like some good old smart assery in my life. Enjoy ��

Well most just call me a dumb ass. But I will take smart ass as I have a triple digit IG. It is 008 to be exact.

To answer the question about repotting and setting directly into flower don't do it. Wait a half week or more to get the roots established before placing into flower. Other wise the roots will not fill the new space. At least that is my experience.

When you go to the coco change your nutes from 8/14 to 6/9. It works well in coco and you will be less likely to get the claw from over fertilizing. Use half that for small plants till about 6-9 inches tall.

Foreman000

And tonight I also transplanted 1 of the 4 that I have left in veg. She was in a 1 gal smart pot of promix. I put her in a 3 gal smart pot / lava rocks on the bottom then coco. I precharged my coco with about 1/2 strength 6/9 GH. This plant is 2 foot tall. A personal veg record for me.
I know some of you guys are probably saying WTF is he doing it like this for. This is not how I want to do it. My plans are 1 or 2 doughnuts
like Ichabod & Ariminius. Or a big rectangle with a light mover like Marlo. Or something else that looks cools. I used to want to do the booble racks. I want, I want , I want. Truth is this build has been taking way to long. But since I put this thread up I kinda feel the need to produce. And IMO these last few days have been productive for me.

So thanks IC. :tiphat:

Foreman000

Ichabod Crane my lawd look who it is everybody. I just typed in your name on my last post & you show up like beetle juice. Somebody shut that dam door. Just kidding. I will take your advice sir and thanks for stopping in. :woohoo:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Foreman. Looking good.

Just a small piece of advice....
If you are going to grow vert scrog, you really should veg longer. Or add more plants. You really aren't giving yourself a chance to benefit from this style of grow without a full canopy.
IMO screens are best utilized when they are completely full and then some. 150% full even. Then your canopy will have height and depth on your screen.

I know veg time sucks and its not always possible to veg long enough, but when you can get those big buds all over the screen and flopping towards the light, I promise you will never try it any other way. Ichabod knows.... his buds stay on lean, lol.

You want your canopy to hide your screen. Yes, there is a screen behind these buds. This was with a 400w

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

This was with 6oo's.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

While these look like fairly full canopies, in the end, I felt like they both could have benefited from a bit more veg.

Sorry for the rant.... I'll go back to the corner now.

:tiphat:

Foreman000

Marlo rant in my thread any time you want. Advice form yourself is respected here. So if I'm. Picking up what your laying down. My plant should fill that whole screen before I switch to 12/12. And I'm not going to get benefits doing one at a time. With my style screen I see people going 4 or 6 around the light.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I agree with Marlo on filling the screen. I cut out 1/3-1/2 the plant when I tie them to the screen. I can then use the buds from the branch tips to fill in the center that I ditched when tying them up.

If you know what the finale bud size is then try to space to that size. For example if it is a six inch diameter bud space it for six inches at the end. If it is three inches try to space the final buds three inches apart.

The only way to know is to run then several times. The only draw back to getting the screen so full is the time spent training the plant during flower. That is unless you want a lot of larf then don't spend the time.

But I spend 10 weeks in flower generally and 6-8 weeks in veg. So if I add the extra 2-3 weeks like I do in veg that is 16-18 weeks total. What do you run 2-4 weeks less? Worth the trade for more larger buds in my opinion.

I think Marlo is spot on though. Patients pays off here.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So if I'm. Picking up what your laying down. My plant should fill that whole screen before I switch to 12/12.

Really hard to say... you know all plants are gonna be different. But try to find a happy space where Veg + Stretch = 120% full screen. Easier said than done.. but that is the goal.
Remember guys overveg'n is your friend :biggrin: , you can always trim a plant back, or yank a branch down a foot or so... but you can't make more branches appear where you need them.

The only way to know is to run then several times...
...The only draw back to getting the screen so full is the time spent training the plant during flower.

Bingo! Run clones you know (says the guy with a room full of seed plants, lol) and change your veg and training methods accordingly.
FYI... IT IS A SHITLOAD OF WORK TRAINING PLANTS TO FILL A SCREEN. My lil room requires several hours of trimming and training per week from weeks 2-6 in flower. But, its worth it in the end, imo

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts