What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 min $10 DIY aerated compost tea ACT brewer

[k2]

A vortex forms immediately despite one vertical pipe.
Additional vertical pipes are unnecessary
if the air duct is connected too low, some air enters the tank horizontally, blows through the vortex.
According to my tests, the air hose should be connected at the height of the tank outlet, not below

I have a 4w aquarium pump bloqing through an airstone and I get very nice smelling tea after 24h brewing, which my plants love. Will I see any difference if I build this?

[k2]

Hello to you
First run, works great.
Soon I will test for O2 content
40l tank
2 "pipes and fittings
pump 6000l / h

:thank you: forum

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

MindEater

I have a 4w aquarium pump bloqing through an airstone and I get very nice smelling tea after 24h brewing, which my plants love. Will I see any difference if I build this?

Has the airstone crapped out yet?

The design in this thread is definitely going to put more oxygen in the water, and is easier to clean, I'd use what you're using til it doesn't work anymore, then build something new.

[k2]

I thought maybe that is why you did that. I thought it might get enough suction to surpass it. Have you tested it with a stop during full flow?

After switching off the pump, the liquid slowly flows through the hose to the level in the tank and stops

[k2]

It works great. The only problem so far is splashing water from a small hole in the flap.

The pump is very powerful.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks
Got my fastferment 3g for around 50 bucks and use an upside down mounted luftheber for aeration with an ehem 100.

picture.php

The airpump is a little undersized with 100l/h(3,5gph) and the upside down luftheber is not working as good as i thought. The 20mm luftheber sanded down a little fits nice in the inside of the thread of the conus and got some holes drilled for water flow. But now the airholes of the airlifter are facing upwards with no connected pipe so the waterflow is not as good as it could be. After building my own pipe for the airlifter and upgrading the pump i hope to get the brew swirling. The pipe will be a little above the waterlevel with 2 pipes mounted on a T to help the swirl.

My first try with 4l water, 2tsp black strap molasses and 2 cups wormcastings. After 19h not much change. Smell is still most molasses but not strong and nothing bad so i will use it today.

picture.php

What would be a reasonabel sice for an airpump for this 2 gallon aact brewer? I found on the internet ~0,08gpm per gallon of brew so would be 0,16gpm for mine. About 3 times the amount of air that i got?

Thx chilliwilli

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still rocking my el cheapo 1.25 gallon mini airlift brewer built from this thread!

fetch?id=17927666.jpg

Attachments

• fetch?id=17927666.jpg
    fetch?id=17927666.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Latest posts