What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC case with an over 25cm Width? Do they exist??

jumpman233345

Hi all,

Been looking for the perfect PC case for a small grow, bought one but I cannot stop thinking about a case that has over 25cm in width (pref 26-27cm) so my LED light fits inside without having to buy strips.

Any idea anyone? The case I have was advertised as 60cm - real inside height =50cm ...........Advertised width = 26 - actual inside width =21

I've looked and looked.... Searched full towers, server cases, super towers , a few of which would do but are full of fancy perspex and cost like £400 lol.... Only other option would be a cube though they tend to have small heights, unless you spend like another £500 :/

Have also looked at old school retro cases, they have the height, not the width...

Any ideas please?

With thanks

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That would be a really wide case. Your best bet, might be to find an old PC case somebody is throwing away, craigslist or check big businesses maybe, and disassemble that, and use the outside pieces of it as like a "shell" to cover up your home made case. Or maybe check out mini fridge grows? Can maybe find an older one cheap and gut it.

Just use two identical cases. Rip their internals apart, drill holes and rivet them together. The chieftec tower is really good for that.

Attachments

• abc.jpg
    abc.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 43

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just use two identical cases. Rip their internals apart, drill holes and rivet them together. The chieftec tower is really good for that.
Yer looking at 70$ a case for that though. For 140$ he could buy 2 2x4x5 tents, or 4 2x2x4 tents or for a little bit more an open frame rack and add his own walls to it. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132075 And if you are willing to dumpster dive or check out closing business, you can get decent racks for free/cheap.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132075