What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potassium Silicate application rate

G

Hi growers.

I have Potassium Silicate
Analysis w/v
Total potassium K as silicate 15.3%
Silicon Si 17.3%
SG 1.4
pH 11.3-12.3

At what rate would you add this to your nutrient solution in mls/liter?
Im in coco.

Thank you

G

Hi troutman. Thanks for the reply

Its not a 'cannabis industry' product so it doesn't really have those instructions. That information is for foliar feeds.
I used to use it at 7.5ml/10L I think but I can't remember, I think I got that off scaling it to dyno grow Silica instructions, as this particular silicate is more concentrated then others, about 3X.
The other thing is I don't think you can overdose plants with silicate so it doesnt have to be too exact.

W

Whoscottgreen

i read a thread on here somewhere that stated 60ppm of silica. with your concentration thats 3.5ml per 10 litre. its a strong alkaline so you'll need to watch your pH. humic acid is a good chelator for K Si. good foliar product as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts