What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lost my phone with icmag and other sites opened in browser

JockBudman

To be honest, I don't think you need to stress at all. Like they had my partner's phone for several months and they had the password for it.

But you have to consider the hours that the police need to spend on this stuff. In like 90% of cases they'll download all the data and then do nothing with it because unless they have a really good reason to go hunting through for something, they can't justify the man hours needed.
And this is when they've actually arrested you for something. Even then they'll only be looking for shit to do with what you're nicked for - hence why we were ok, got nicked doing other shit.

So yeah, lost phone, don't stress. You've done all the right things so sleep easy

NEED 4 SEED

To be honest, I don't think you need to stress at all. Like they had my partner's phone for several months and they had the password for it.

But you have to consider the hours that the police need to spend on this stuff. In like 90% of cases they'll download all the data and then do nothing with it because unless they have a really good reason to go hunting through for something, they can't justify the man hours needed.
And this is when they've actually arrested you for something. Even then they'll only be looking for shit to do with what you're nicked for - hence why we were ok, got nicked doing other shit.

So yeah, lost phone, don't stress. You've done all the right things so sleep easy

Thanks JBM, I suspect anyways it is in the hands of some average thief, who just likes his new phone after a reset. One thing is, I had a card inside with some data, mainly music, don't know what else. I definitely learned from that.