What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maxibright ballast faulty and new too

R

Rab.C

Sup Icmag went too turn light on in tent and nothing so looked at ballast and its flashing it has a built in diagnostics system were it flashes if it finds a fault in bulb or power source.thing is my bulbs and ballast are brand new.its a maxibright digilight pro select.i have t5 in tent for now.but i want too buy one of the old type ballasts think there called magnetic lucky it never went out during flowering
peace Rab...

R

Rab.C

i was waiting for grow shop too phone me back in 10min. they didnt phone
so i contacted maxibright they said they cant do nowt but said go through
shop.but also said my ballast shouldnt have been sold because it ran out of warranty
last year in april.maxibright said it could be fixed but shop would need to do it but at cost.

so i rang shop again guy said ok let me sort it out.cut the phone of lol.so i rang back he
said they cant find me on there system.i said you joking i just bought this.he said it would take them ages to go through all there sales too find my purchase typical mail order rip off
oh aye he said this wee dont stock them lol then said we had one.am raging i need too support my local shop because atleast i can go back to them face to face and get it sorted if there is a problem

St. Phatty

one reason to buy ballast, bulb, and reflector from the same store

then ask them to demo it & let it run for 24 hours.

Hope the people you bought it from help you out.

R

Rab.C

thanks st.phatty & MJPassion i paid online with bank card so atleast i have receipt.
shop isnt customer friendly

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Talk to the bank about it. They may get your money back for you. The shop deserves no less, after moaning to you about their own filing system. Like it should be your loss.

It's been sat in that shop so long, It could of been a customer return.

I would post you a 600, but the shipping will be crazy. Get your cash back based on the fact it's broken, but more importantly not fit for sale as the manufacturer themselves say it shouldn't of been sold. Explain you could get the transaction number from the bank for them, but while your there it might be easier to just reverse the transaction. Like it's a favour your offering though, not a threat. Letting them think you can do that, and leave them with nothing. Which you probably can.

Latest posts

Latest posts