What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

Mohadib

Veteran
Phylos said it was identical to og but the secondary metabolites were very rare,, they even said it was a case of colonial variation,,

Please correct me if I'm wrong,,

Just showing my pk in tc with uk celebrity Big narstie

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1939914View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1939913View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1939912View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1939911View Image

Pk at Buckingham Palace

Since I was just repeating what dank.frank said about it, I cannot correct you, even if I'd wanted to ;)

I've tried to find out what Stoney said about his cut, but couldn't find anything that wasn't somewhat nebulous...
Maybe you could shed some light on the matter at hand - seems to be very interesting :)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have screenshots of phylos explaining it to stoney from Instagram,, i even spoke to a couple of people from phylos about it over Instagram,,, they basically said its nearly identical to og kush but the secondary metabolites are really rare

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When they said its probably the same clone as og kush that's when I started getting that itch I'm still scratching

mexweed

Veteran
recently picked up a couple commerce city kush clones, chemdog#4Xrare dankness#1

RD#1 triangle kushX[ghostX(ghostXchemdog)]

will take some pics once I get them potted

Uncanny

im not trying to discredit Josh in any way .. he was gifted a cut ... ,mI'm into ingredients not the chefs. lol

I doubt its genetic drift more like S1's from Late ripening , and early attempts to re do her

First Gen shiva skunk , Garlic NL X Super Skunk Chem D

I agree with og lineage being something like this. What we are seeing is probably S1 seed or later, making it an F2+.

As many of you know F2 look very different from F1. I think people in general guess lineage by picking parent plants to make F1 progeny that look like OG. I think we are way passed that at this point with a cultivar that’s been around 25+ years.

The way OG breeds and its dominance definitely shows its not an F1 imo. Bunch of people probably went through s1,s2,s3 etc to find different cuts.

I personally loved going through the different og x snow lotus series by bodhi. I went through a bunch of seeds and f2s. These crosses gave ton of hints about the different cuts. Real gem of a line. I have my personal theories, but as the word states its just best guesses.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
15 years ago..ograskal had the og kush...

This is the one that I knew and respected.. pic 1...

But .. pic 2...this f 3 mendo breath is crazy frosty and from the og kush...

Attachments

• 172OGday63.JPG
    172OGday63.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 80
  • user467693_pic1931112_1553014421.jpg
    user467693_pic1931112_1553014421.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 76

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I really have to say that I think people are losing certain nuances to the terpene profile simple because of how it’s grown these days. Most people have switched up on their nutes, maybe into more technical and sustainable approaches, but I haven’t lost anything in my runs of her. I also still grow her the same way I was told long ago, which is how the original guys in LA were running it since it came to town, save for a few minor tweaks of my own.

The best way I can describe the actual profile is this... Earthy, hashy, pinesol, gasoline/astringent, lemons, vanilla, and a faint limey marshmallow on the back end. The terps are listed in order from most dominant to the least.

Mohadib

Veteran
I have screenshots of phylos explaining it to stoney from Instagram,, i even spoke to a couple of people from phylos about it over Instagram,,, they basically said its nearly identical to og kush but the secondary metabolites are really rare

To be honest, I have no real clue how to interpret these results (probably because I'm not sure of the significance of a difference in "secondary metabolites" in this context...).

From what I could gather, a difference in SMs might cause two or more similar organisms (in this case: plants) to a) react differently to external stimuli, for example to some sort of pest; or b) to provide different effects for other organisms in case of consumption, for example, the high a certain cannabis plant provides. Is that correct?
If so, in what way does a difference in SMs between otherwise identical organisms imply a certain heredity that allows us to infer which plant descends from which?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep mothers in large rockwool cubes and feed formulex,, I try to limit nitrogen and any nitrate build up,, i believe low doses on mothers is a good thing,, i also try to clone from the tallest point and super new groth,,, i heard you can kinda improve a colonial varietie by maintaining and cloning mothers correctly??

Robney

I’ll send you a pm later tonight with all the info.

Mother maintenance? I keep mine in a 20gallon pot and feed as needed. Nothing crazy.

Would you please be willing to share that info with me as well? I would really love to know how to do it the way it was done back when it was amazing, and seeing the variation some og seeds throw based on different nutrient schedules, I would love to know what the proper technique is to get the proper results.
:tiphat:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Guys it’s pretty much a modified Lucas. Micro and bloom, no veg. All GH. Cal-mag is essential and I also throw in superthrive with every feeding. That’s the base of it. I’m sure you all can do the math on when and how. Out of all the cuts I run, OG is still the only one I feed like this. I’m a bottled nute guy and I have no qualms about the quality of the herb it produces.

Soil grown with the framework I mentioned will bring out the funk in OG at least in my experience. The first time I tried running it differently I used the heavy16 line when it first dropped and was not impressed. I went to the CES line after that at one point and same thing. I mean it was great herb but it wasn’t expressing how it does when I run it with the GH modified Lucas.

PS- sorry for the lag on this. Just started a new job and I’m in the final steps of getting my grow back up and running. Waiting on a few electrical components in the mail and it’s time to get this OG back up and running. I’m gonna be doing some OG x Shoreline work after I get some headstash. Can’t fucking wait!

Latest posts

Latest posts