What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D-Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
So it begins...

All five seeds had popped after roughly a twenty hour soak. About twelve hours later all showed tails. Four of five were up within sixty-eight hours from seed. Had hoped the one that's struggling would've made it up by now. There's still hope - we'll see. Really looking forward to this as I found I have a fondness for Pre-98. Not sure what Chem D will add to the mix, but I imagine two classics together should be a win-win!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Will update when it's time to transplant into SOLO cups.

Many thanks, VG! :tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lovely start shmavis. Looking forward to a proper test on these...

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks, good Sir! Although things are tight for me right now, by the time these are ready to veg I should be in a great spot to give them proper attention. (Unless great vigor bites me in the butt again. :biggrin:)

She's still struggling, but at least she's broken through. If she can straighten out her neck, she might do okay. :)

picture.php

When I report back next, I hope to say she's among the living!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Welcome fellas and thanks for the positive vibes! :smoke out:

Happy to report she’s a fighter and looks to be in it for the long haul!

Happy Friday!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So this was a test-cross that i made a few years back when i had reversed a pre-98 bubba. I only made about 50 seeds and since then i haven't done much with it... mainly because of my terrible lack of growing space, and other projects gained momentum and i concentrated on those.
There has been one outdoor grow of these by someone in eastern europe. (by Govnaa - the guy who designed my logo). he raved about the cross and said it was the best plant he grew that year.
I've been wanting to revisit this for a while and so i sent shmavis a few seeds along with the C4DD. If the results look good then i'll make a proper batch and release some packs.

VG

mack 10

Veteran
oh, ill get my seat.
love me a chem thread.
chuck in some old school Bubba and were away!
wonder if the bub will dominate?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thats a good question, certainly the bubba breeds quite true, but then so does the chem when it comes to terpene profile, or it certainly seems to bring some 'chem funk' to most crosses.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world

Subbed and good luck..:tiphat:

Nice! Bet there's some dank in these.

oh, ill get my seat.
love me a chem thread.
chuck in some old school Bubba and were away!

A big warm welcome to each and every one of you. Great to have you all along!

And I dig the discussion happening. Since I am not intimately familiar with either of these lines I can go ahead and make an early prediction and not look too much the fool if proven wrong. :biggrin:

2 Bubba leaners.
2 Chem leaners.
1 decent mix of each.

Will be fun to see what's what! :party:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Update time!

I like to mist my babies. I let them dry before putting the dome back on though. I had just misted them when I unexpectedly had to leave. So the dome went back on, knowing full well there may be some burns. Sure enough a few - the ones praying - burned. Not a big deal but that is why some of them have burns on the first set of leaves.

So in making my prediction of which way each baby leans I was basing it off growth habits and appearance. The two I think are Chem leaners are on each end in the peat pots. From the left, the second and third in, Bubba leaners. And from the right, second one in, a bit of each. I have numbered them as 1 & 2 Chem leaners, 3 & 4 Bubba leaners, and 5 as the combo, which is the best looking one as of now, I think. They were just potted up into 18oz SOLO cups and watered in. Shown left to right numerically. Will do my best to update weekly going forward.

picture.php
picture.php

Happy Sunday!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Up potted one week ago today they were ready for a second watering yesterday and look to be responding well to it this morning.

Group:

picture.php

#1 & #2:

picture.php

#3 & #4:

picture.php

#5:

picture.php

Group, just misted:

picture.php

I think #2 has a bit of Chem D in her...

Happy Sunday!

Latest posts

Latest posts