What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

90W of Love, the Comeback!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey brodas and sisters... been a while since I had a thread going on here, might as well start another one for fun. For you guys that followed my old thread, heres is the comeback...

Its roughly a 2'W x 1'D x 2.5'H cabinet, I will be running 2 COB LEDs at 75w total. There will also be a small fan with a carbon filter to take care of ventilation and odor. I still havent setup, its been broken down after my last run and been sitting on storage since, so its time to shake off the dust and get it rocking again!

My previous run in it I had 2 7 gallon pots, started with 6 seeds in each and ended with 3 females, I think my yield was around 70g of great nugs!

This run Im not sure if Im gonna have the 7 gallon availables, but I will look...

I run all organic soil, and mostly water through the entire cycle, I will sometimes add some worm castings to the water to keep the micro herd bumping! If anyone interested on the mix Ill be happy to share.

The strain will be Orange Headstash from Karma Genetics. I have a few clones that need a new home and should be ready to rock! I havent run this pheno so not sure what do expect!

This week I will clean up the cab and get it rocking and transplant the clones into their final home!

The goal is 1gpw of top shelf herb for heady consumption, but only time will tell!

My style is heavy training, lots of supercropping and some LST, Im a big fan of the green rubbery twisty ties, I use them heavily to train my plants and so far it has worked great! I have limited height, maybe around a foot or so to work with, but that just makes things more interesting to me!

I hope to be able to update this at least once every few weeks, but we will see how it goes, life is busy atm!

Any questions, suggestions or critics, bring em on, Im happy to share my little bit of knowledge with everyone! I have been growing on an off for around a decade, and every run I learn lots of new things! its a never stop learning ride with this magnificent plant!

Heres a few shots of my last sucessfull run on it, strains are More Cowbell and Apollo 11 f4 by Bodhi seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace out friends, next update Ill post some pics of the setup and the girls in it, hopefully!

:tiphat:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing this round.
What's the makeup of the Orange Headstash?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
grouchy, welcome

blynx, hey dude, hope all is good! Orange Headstash is Headstash (Girl Scout Cookies x Cherrie Pie x KarmaRado OG x Biker Kush) x Mandarina

It was a fem from a limited edition pack I was able to score from seedbay a while ago... I grew one pheno was pretty good, very orange airborne/piney taste with a indica dominant high! Was good stuff for sure!

Time will tell though :tiphat:

I transplanted the clones to the 7 gallon pots a few days ago. I havent had time to do any work, probably only next week, but they could use some veg time to fill up a bit more! So all is good... I think another week should be perfect!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Welcome ladies and gents! Pull a seat and roll a fatty and enjoy the ride... So sorry for the lack of updates, went away for a week and now theres family at home which limits the amount of work I can get done...

The plants are doing good on the new 7 gallon fabric pots, they got topped at around 5th node and they have stretched quite substantially, might have to top it again before I move them to the cab. I have the mother plant 2 weeks in flower on a different cabinet and man shes a stretchy one... so will be challenging keeping them short and away from the lights, but I love a good challenge! :)

I still havent been able to finish the cab, need to install the LEDS and it should be good to go, prolly an hour worth of work, just need to find some time to get it acoomplished, possibly this weekend, then I will update some pics of how they look!

Reiko, My soil mix is a little modified version of the CC mix...
3 part Peat moss
1 part Lava Rocks
1 part EWC

to 50L of soil I mix
200g of each:
High C lime
Gypsum
Rock Dust
Bentonite Clay

75- 90g of each:
Kelp Meal
Neem Meal
Maxicrop multi purp fertilizer, has a bunch of stuff in it mixed in, but this can be any organic fertilizer

25g of Epson salts

I usually start seeds right on the soil without even cooking it, no problems... Seedling love it, I can usually keep them on 9x9 pots for a month, then they usually get repotted to 1gal or 3gal or whatever.

I make sure to dust the roots with VAM mycos before each transplant!

I clone with rockwoool cubes soaked with Aloe vera smoothie... sometimes just plain water, nothing fancy.

Anyways, they should have been flipped a week ago, but still vegging and getting big hehe they will def overgrow the little cab, but better overgrown than undergrown ;)

Peace brethrens1

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So I was able to get some work done last night... Ended installing a 50w driver instead of the 75w so we will see how that will be performing!

Before training...
picture.php

After training, I accidentally snapped a branch or two of the one in the right... its ok tho, shes big enough to fill up the cab!
picture.php

Day 1 here we go!
picture.php

Yesterday I noticed a few spider mites on some of the other plants, however, these seem to be fine, lets hope they havent taken over them yet...

I got some predatory mites on the way that should take care of the problem!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yesterday I took a look at the plants, gave them some water, around 2.5 litters per plant and did another round of training with the green wires and some supercropping! Plants look great, happy and green and stretched a fair amount, lots of secondaries catching up to the main shoots, definitely gonna fill up the canopy! No signs of spider mites so far , I did apply some predatory mites to keep things safe!

I was able to raise the light another 2 inches or so, I can probably raise it another inch if I need it...

I expect another 2 weeks of heavy stretch on this strain, but it stacks nicely... It should be interesting! I will try to maintain a flat canopy for another week or so and then let the colas stack!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Day 11
Left side had some LST training done already, right side got some a few moments after

picture.php

after training

picture.php

Lefty
picture.php

Righty
picture.php

Peace!:tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yesterday was day 18, I did some more training, pulled some branches down, tied a few up, and pulled a bunch of fan leafs that were blocking some nug sites... things are moving along nicely, so far so good... flowers are starting to really take shape and there are white hairs everywhere!

I also gave them a good watering last night, sorry no pics this update...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thanks cheesebuds and nerd out!

Day 22

Stretched slowed down already, didnt stretch as much as the mother I guess, maybe because these are a lot closer to the lights... or also smaller pots, anyways... I pulled a few more fan leafs today to clear some more light to the bud sites! Things are going well.. Also watered 2.5l each with 1g of Kelp and some Malted barley!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace out!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Got in there yesterday and pulled a few more fan leafs that were taking over... the ball is still rolling and things are still looking good! Some frost is starting to be visible already and the smells are starting to develop!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Another watering on day 29 of flower. 2.5L to each, also pulled around 10 fan leafs from each plant to increase the light penetration to lower nuggets, which were incorporated into the mulch layer.

Plants are frosty and sticky, smell is mostly mandarine, citrus... Bud sites are developing day by day and getting fatter. Stretch is officially over, I dont think much training will be necessary in the future. Now just tuck fan leafs, maybe pull a few more leaves out and water every 3 days... smooth sailing from now on (fingers crossed)...

Canopy is nice and full, maybe it could even have vegged for another week... a few spots could have some extra colas fit in... but overall im pretty happy with how it ended... Im expecting at least 30g from each plant, which would be amazing considering only 50w total of lights plus another 15w or so from the fans...

Thanks for checking it out. Ill post some pics in the next day or two!

Latest posts

Latest posts