Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Reeferman Seeds > Reeferman's breed 2015

Thread Title Search
Reeferman's breed 2015 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2019, 04:44 PM #751
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Yeah, I have noticed you have a bit of a negative streak to you, lol. What are your thoughts on the how the VIPARSPECTRA did? I’ve seen you bash them too. It has done better than I expected.
I guess the lesson learned is to not bash a breeder’s gear unless you have at least popped the whole pack, eh?
But seriously, that’s great that you found something to your liking, and I look forward to your reporting back! I:
'a bit of a negative streak'... now its my turn to ..lol.... its 'WAY' more then a bit... but thats from years of buying seeds , paying lots of $$$, n being disappointed most times... the few times i have been pleasantly surprised , i've also posted positive comments... but... lol.. you'd have to do any extensive search to find em... now we have a few 'keepers', n only buy seeds on a rare occasion...

as to the vipar's, i bought 3x300w, n after trying em out, gave them to a friend who uses em for a small veg area he has... they seem to work ok for him, but i thought they 'sucked' when i used em in a 4x3.5' ft tent.. same friend bought a 300w rolandro (spelling mite be off) , n he says its way brighter by his eyes... ofcourse the eye sees diff from what a plant sees...

peace
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2019, 05:52 PM #752
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardgrazer View Post
Nice to see that seed harvest! Really hoping to have similar pics by the end of this coming growing season. Hard to be only a few months off and feel the bug, yet know it's too darned cold and I'll have to wait.
Thanks. I normally would put a twist tie or string or some identifier on lower pollinated branches. I didn't for these so I am sure there are some strays in there and maybe even a few fully seeded buds yet, but as of now I have harvested from all six and I am sitting at 450+. Best of luck with your upcoming grow/seed run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
'a bit of a negative streak'... now its my turn to ..lol.... its 'WAY' more then a bit... but thats from years of buying seeds , paying lots of $$$, n being disappointed most times... the few times i have been pleasantly surprised , i've also posted positive comments... but... lol.. you'd have to do any extensive search to find em... now we have a few 'keepers', n only buy seeds on a rare occasion...

as to the vipar's, i bought 3x300w, n after trying em out, gave them to a friend who uses em for a small veg area he has... they seem to work ok for him, but i thought they 'sucked' when i used em in a 4x3.5' ft tent.. same friend bought a 300w rolandro (spelling mite be off) , n he says its way brighter by his eyes... ofcourse the eye sees diff from what a plant sees...

peace
LOL. Understood. None of us like feeling our hard earned money was taken from us with little to nothing in return.

Yeah, this is the first time I have used this 450 to flower, other than for a couple weeks with males to collect pollen from. Before it was used for veg and did really well. Still surprised at how well it's done in this mini run.

Happy Growing!
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2019, 05:56 PM #753
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
Will check trichs today or tomorrow on #1. Grabbed some pics of her today. Only have one plant, #4, at this point that looks to need more time. Will check trichs on her too and if they look ready will wrap this up Sunday at day 70.

#1, day 68:

§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

Shmavis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:02 PM #754
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Ended up killing the light at day 71. Chopped them after a couple days darkness. They’re drying now and should be able to do some sampling next weekend. Have had a couple rounds of sampling #5 and #3, the first two to come down. Nothing promising from #5 but #3 is excellent. Grabbed some pics of #2, #4 & #6 at day 70. Didn’t check trichs, just called it close enough because I really need the tent for some other plants. #2 and #6 were the tallest of the six and I am not really sure if that had something to do with them burning or if they were just more finicky. Eager to sample #1. Given how different each of these grew I think my hopes for an IBL have been dashed. But they all have the same terp profile. Can't really detect a distinguishing difference from one to the other, as of now.

#2, day 70:

#4, day 70:

#6, day 70:

Happy Sunday!

Shmavis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:09 PM #755
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

As mentioned earlier I had two cuts, one from #2 and one from #6, that were slow to root. They were put to flower under the QB about two weeks behind the other cuts that had been vegged more before flowering out. Those two stretched the most and were, obviously, the tallest in the mini-grow. Found the same under the QB. Both also showed red stems, with #2 being more extreme. This trait showed later on #6 but was present on #2 even in veg. In this pic you can see how red the stalk and stems are on #6:

And somewhere around week eight she’s got a nice fade going on:

A small early sample of #1 found it to definitely have a psychedelic quality. I look forward to sampling each and comparing sister clones from the QB grown to those from the mini. The biggest negative about these plants is that not one of them possesses a good sturdy self-supporting frame. I’m no fan of flimsy floppy branches. And #5 has shown some late flower nanners - on tips of flowers. She didn’t in the mini run, so it’s likely that I have just pushed her too long under the QB. All in all it's looking very promising that I have a winner or two from these plants...

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 06:50 PM #756
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
i like... not many fan leaves, and the ones that are there are nicely fading (how long to u flush)??...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 07:52 AM #757
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
i like... not many fan leaves, and the ones that are there are nicely fading (how long to u flush)??...
Hey Zach. Me likey too.

Plants are in a "water only" soil mix. I tinker with the water a bit from time to time but only in low doses. Up till week 6 she was (sometimes) watered with a calmag boost only. Other times - maybe four at the most - 2 tbsp of Fox Farm Big Bloom per gallon. And most waterings but not all I add a drop or two of SuperThrive. She's been drinking straight water since week 6. Tomorrow I will cut the light cycle back and kill the light by the following Sunday. Ready or not because I need the tent and light. It's been a bumpy road with this first run under the QB but she seems to have stood strong. Hope she smokes nice...

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 02-27-2019, 08:30 AM #758
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Have sampled all from the mini-grow at least once now. Some more than others and some not fairly - meaning under the influence of one thing or the other. #5 was first to finish. Sample from the mini-grow was lackluster. It received a fair test, but only one. Looking forward to sampling the QB grown clone and then comparing the two. 5 was also clearly ready earlier than the rest under QB. She threw some late-flower nanners, as the discerning eye will see in the last pic. I think this would've been more of a "purple" type plant if grown under HPS. Just a suspicion. (First run with this light, so some of that may be on me.)

#5, day 71:

Shmavis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 AM #759
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Flimsy floppy branches... really should've made more of an effort to support... but didn't. Samples of #1 from the mini-grow show much promise—including psychedelic effects. Not as frosty as some others, but not too shabby. And I think both clones would've preferred to have gone longer. Effect wise it seems to have the ability to cut through.

#1, day 77:

Shmavis is offline Quote