What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time farmer

CRAIGSF1ST

Hello all!
First post and first grow. Alot to take in and try to apply so Im not having too high hopes for this first run as Ive already had problems. Just a week and ahalf in I think they got overwatered. Drooping leaves and progressive yellowing from the bottom, this really seem to have stunted their growth but after a while they started to get back into grow-mode and they got repotted since roots where starting to come out the sides on all sides. Since they grew pretty fast i repotted 4 of them again when they had rooted the next size and now stand in 11 litre fabric pots. Most of them got topped a few days prior.
They seem to be doing fine now but they seem so small, very short distance between nodes and one of the strains still grow pretty slow.

Could someone tell me if this looks good or not?
They are Kings Kush from GHS, Ice from Nirvana and the small one is a White Widow also from Nirvana. It got popped later and quickly stretched and then grew for just a little bit to stop completely and start to yellow. It was in this state up until a week ago when it started to grow again. Had a Kings Kush that did that same thing except it kept its color(middle plant). Any ideas why?

I should add that I did have a ventilation problem in the beginning, it got up to 28-30 degrees Celsius daytime some days for probably the first 2 weeks. Fixed a better inflow and combined with cooler weather the temp dropped to around 23-24 degrees and 20 at nighttime. This will rise a few degrees when it gets warmer outside though.

Oh, and they are suntanning themselfs with a 250W MH and the tent is 60x60cm for scales sake. Probably forgot something crucial, beeing really stoned has its downsides :)

Map :
KK, Ice
KK, KK, WW
Ice, Ice(pheno2)

d3adh3ad0g

Your love shows for them in this pic. You are wise without confident. Just love them and listen.
Only stone from bitter weed has downside I believe. This is my opinion I Express pleas.
Thank you

CRAIGSF1ST

I did forget something crucial! Telling their age.. :)
They are 23 days old. Manys ay you should switch to flowering at week 4-5 but that seems out of the question in my case.

CRAIGSF1ST

Your love shows for them in this pic. You are wise without confident. Just love them and listen.
Only stone from bitter weed has downside I believe. This is my opinion I Express pleas.
Thank you

I do love them, I can sit in front of the opening with my sunglasses and just stare at them and think for probably half an hour at a time. Its so soothing just watching them and think. :)

d3adh3ad0g

This is the secret. You see it in how they worship and drink the light Your future is bright if you only continue this and let them take wut they need and never try to force & Light & sacred water pure water. praise Pedro

thank you

d3adh3ad0g

Pinching is stress on top of overr watering stress and air exchange stress. They will recover if you give them a good place for roots to be happy and let nature do you he work we do not have the power to make a plant grow. We only are stewards. Good or bad.

You are a good steward just study your craft with love.

Thank you.

Perpetual Nooch

I did forget something crucial! Telling their age.. :)
They are 23 days old. Manys ay you should switch to flowering at week 4-5 but that seems out of the question in my case.

No. It takes longer if you're starting from seed. If you're starting from clone you can start flowering from week 4 or 5 but from seed it may take 8 weeks or longer. To get anything substantial from it the plant needs to be somewhat mature.

Just go by this: determine the maximum height your plant can attain in your space. Then veg it until it reaches half that height. Once it reaches that height switch to flowering period.

If you choose to train/fim/prune/top the plant then you can veg even longer and you'll increase your yield.

Last edited:

CRAIGSF1ST

Pinching is stress on top of overr watering stress and air exchange stress. They will recover if you give them a good place for roots to be happy and let nature do you he work we do not have the power to make a plant grow. We only are stewards. Good or bad.

You are a good steward just study your craft with love.

Thank you.

I think you are right, the plants got stressed from topping too early and the temperature. Doestnt explain my two extremely slow growers though.
I am studying the craft, now both from experience and the massive amount of info out there since its legal in many places now. Its really sucking me in. :)

No. It takes longer if you're starting from seed. If you're starting from clone you can start flowering from week 4 or 5 but from seed it may take 8 weeks or longer. To get anything substantial from it the plant needs to be somewhat mature.

Just go by this: determine the maximum height your plant can attain in your space. Then veg it until it reaches half that height. Once it reaches that height switch to flowering period.

If you choose to train/fim/prune/top the plant then you can veg even longer and you'll increase your yield.

Oh, I see, I was abit too timeoptimistic. Thinking about it the plants grew really well last couple of days so I think they will grow big really soon. Lots of branching. Which brings me to my next point:
I am going to try out a ScrOG so Im possibly topping them once more and will start some training and pruning. Im wondering about the lowest branches though, should I take them off to make them more of a Y-lollipop? Theres 2 nodes that shoot branches under the mainstem-split but if I take them off, there will still be alot of branching and budsites from the growth of the top branches, right? Maybe its preferred, to direct more of the energy into the top 2 branches ?

Perpetual Nooch

I'm not a scrog expert but I imagine you want to leave the largest branches on and train them, as they will yield the biggest buds in the end. If the low branches are tiny and under developed then cut them off.

If you haven't googled some scrog images yet I would do that and see what other peoples' setups look like.

CRAIGSF1ST

I'm not a scrog expert but I imagine you want to leave the largest branches on and train them, as they will yield the biggest buds in the end. If the low branches are tiny and under developed then cut them off.

If you haven't googled some scrog images yet I would do that and see what other peoples' setups look like.

Yea, Ive seen loads of images and videos about LST and such but i rarely see someone working on plants as compact as my plants are so I get abit confused. However, the Ice is growing really fast so I decided to top her lowest branches, they are thick and nice so it will probably be 2 decent tops from each. I also started some sort of LST-training, attempting to get some light to the inner tops and get a wider structure of the plant. Im hoping the rest of them will catch up alittle if I let them be for now.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe a tad early to LST. They look ok.

As they grow, they'll respond to your environment. Plants have a way to tell you what they need.

CRAIGSF1ST

Maybe a tad early to LST. They look ok.

As they grow, they'll respond to your environment. Plants have a way to tell you what they need.

Okay, Ill see how they respond to this treatment and possibly wait abit with the other ones when theyve reached that size.

I was thinking I want light reaching all tops to get a nice and fat structure later, but is it better letting them go bushy when they are like mine 3-4 weeks old, hiding light from the inner plant?

d3adh3ad0g

If yellow started at base of cannabis start with a lihgt fade that progress? On vegetable growth? Like people are same but different so cannibas is same but different. Some like to b pinced some mad if you pinCH.I have pinched but found a way ay I Express my opinion is better to me. Not any better then another man just makes most plants sing not be pissy & grumpy. Some mad.not now anymore unless for other reason.
Thank you

CRAIGSF1ST

If yellow started at base of cannabis start with a lihgt fade that progress? On vegetable growth? Like people are same but different so cannibas is same but different. Some like to b pinced some mad if you pinCH.I have pinched but found a way ay I Express my opinion is better to me. Not any better then another man just makes most plants sing not be pissy & grumpy. Some mad.not now anymore unless for other reason.
Thank you
The leafs got progressively yellower and yellower, starting at the base. Also some leaf-twisting and drooping. But that issue is solved, they seem happy now. :)
Yes, I guess youll get to know the strains, Kings Kush does not seem to have liked my topping at all, its just now that the 2 mainstems has gotten barely an inch or so.

CRAIGSF1ST

What is this sh*t?

Ive noticed a slight, slight brown coloration of the area in the picture for maybe 4-5 days now. Didnt get worse, until today. Looks like rust but cant really find anything fitting. The spots that is mostly visible on the picture seem to be dead and crusty, theres a crack in it even.

CRAIGSF1ST

Forgot to mention that I watered them yesterday with a small dose of nutrients and gave them a spray of nitrozyme. They seem to be loving it, except for that one leaf. What I fear is infection, bacterial of fungal..

CRAIGSF1ST

Darn it, something IS up.
The brown stuff hasnt gone much worse but the serrations of the leafs on most plants now point upwards. Theres a slight whitening of the tip and it almost looks like a small pimple on each of the edges.

Up until 1-2 weeks ago I didnt change PH of the tapwater I use. A strip said it was about 7 so I was thinking it was acceptable, but when I tested with a drip it seemed to have been even higher.
Could it be that my soils PH is too high and I have lockouts of some nutrients that now starts to manifest itself? Or have my PH gotten better and opened up the floodgates for some of the nutes? Thinking of flushing later anyhow.
Im clueless and as usual I cant seem to be able to google up anything that looks like it, if you who read this has any suggestions Id really like to hear it.

CRAIGSF1ST

I watered them with a weak dose of nutrients 3 days ago. They hadnt rooted the new soil completely, and still havent but I never thought they would be overfed so easily. It looks like nutrient burn to me, found some tips of new growth that was burnt but I still cant find a explanation for the serrations pointing upwards. Some say calcium deficiency and some say heat stress but none seem to fit.
Soil is getting dry so its prob watertime tomorrow or the next day. Should I flush them abit with PH-balanced water then?

CRAIGSF1ST

They look so wierd, I was like stumped when I opened the tent today, they look so different. The serrations has gotten sharper, with a little edge that is protruding and its white, like a little damn pimple.