What's new

New grower having some problems

shelmaur

Hi there friends!

I have been lurking for a few weeks on icmag and in the last few days got a couple clones and started doing an outdoor grow.

I got a start of Blue Dream and one of Death Star. They were in great health when i picked them up, they're both around 5 weeks into veg state and i replanted them into larger pots with some black gold all-purpose soil, mixed up with a whole bunch of vermiculite to promote drainage, with plans to eventually put them straight into the ground in a few weeks after acclimating to their pots and being outside.

The transplants went well, i fed them (filtered water, not from tap) and let them bask in the outdoor sun after having been in a grow room for all their lives.

Then a few days later disaster struck. I noticed some spider mites on the undersides of leaves on both plants. I went to the store and picked up some neem extract and mixed it with water and i dissolved some sunflower lecithin into the solution as an emulsifier.

I doused both the plants with the solution (in the evening) and let them set overnight. In the morning I checked on them and the DS seemed okay but the BD was noticeably sicker looking. I went to work and came back to find the same thing, only the BD looked worser still. So now i'm at a point where I'm not sure what to do with the BD, aside from watering it and the DS is still recovering.

This place is a treasure trove, and I thank everyone for reading and input!

corky1968

Veteran
The last time I grew outdoors Guerilla style I actually sprayed right after I planted.
Not just the plants but all over the place. Mind you I was trying to get rid of the damn
mosquitoes killing me. But it was a neem based spray. I also used Snail Bait.

In early Spring, fresh green plants are like Steak and Lobster to all those plant eating bugs.
Once the rest of the vegetation starts things do normally get better.

I hope your plants recover.

Good Luck.

shelmaur

The last time I grew outdoors Guerilla style I actually sprayed right after I planted.
Not just the plants but all over the place. Mind you I was trying to get rid of the damn
mosquitoes killing me. But it was a neem based spray. I also used Snail Bait.

In early Spring, fresh green plants are like Steak and Lobster to all those plant eating bugs.
Once the rest of the vegetation starts things do normally get better.

I hope your plants recover.

Good Luck.
Thank you for your help!! Great idea to go spray everything else down as well, my yard has many other potential sources for bugs (blackberry bushes, brush, other yard debris).

Cheers!

d3adh3ad0g

I found that BD is can be weak and a dustie mildew magnetc for no reason. A long time ago I killed Borg's with my own hands. I have good spiders standing gsurd now. They sometimes biuld jnglke gym in my canopy. Lol at that.
I watch them play and hunt sometimes.

Thank you.

No offence to people whoi grow BD please.

d3adh3ad0g

I said this on my gsurd spidersand at the other web page and people are very hateful and lots hate spiders. People there make fn and I told one that I don't control nature or spider. My Mantis does this work. My prize gladiator I catched on my hummingbird feeder. I took her mming bird from him and thought to crush him. I turn them all loose always after they help.
Thank you

Miraculous Meds

Welcome Shelmaur, u picked a great site to join.

What I think of when looking at ur plants n reading ur descriptions is this... First neem can n will burn. So mix it n shake it often when applying. I Like using warm water to make sure the neem mixes well. Also Neem oil in direct light can burn. So less light, more mixed neem, maybe half strength. Also do not put on any sulfur, or any other product that is not compatible with neem. But too strong of a concentrate and intense light both cause the problem ur facing.

It doesn't look promising for a recovery, but id spray the heck out of them with pure water, to rinse off the residual neem, then back off the intense light till recovery hopefully happens.

There are other choices for mite treatments, including heat treatment, and miticides. Just make sure u study up on them n be safe. Check out the spider mite thread on the infirmary. gl

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
you must have damaged the roots somehow when you transplanted them. that's not from something you sprayed. the roots are dying for some reason. i suggest you stop watering immediately and let the pot get very dry before you water again.

d3adh3ad0g

I can see your pictures now. Over watered and appear burned from NIT. You have poisonef them sick masyb i think. They can recover if you can make the correct correctuons. This will take a great while and will require great patients. Major setback but not fatal J St very much time consuming. I just mist with aloe & a tiny bit of cedar essence and mountain spring water mist. Maybe you are loving them to death overdoing it with good intentions. I would say if asked to take best cuttings possible maybe and only if you don't want to take the large time to now help them repair. My opinion is nurse it back to health. You learn best this way is my opinion.
Thank you

Latest posts

Latest posts