What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow : Starting from seed with Bohdi's Goji Og

Thanks Barletta :)
It's been a little over a week since the flip and I'm finally seeing some buds starting to form. A lot of the branches are stacking up pretty sweet. Nice short internodal spacing. I must have super cropped over a hundred places haha! But I just squeeze until I feel the inside pop instead of bending them over. Spent a good hour weaving her into the screen today.

About day 27 now. She is starting to get frosty :)
At first I mostly smelled a faint, sweet fruity smell but now if I handle her near the buds my hands get all sticky and I can smell that very distinct, classic OG funk :)

enlightedone

they are looking sweet. i have just harvested my own goji og grown from clones. can't wait til she is ready for sampling. i'll be following along.

Man, I can see why people spend the extra money for a Hortilux or bulb of that quality. I bought a brand new Xtra Sun bulb and only a little over a month into the grow it fucking failed. I came home and opened the tent and it was just giving off dim blue light. Luckily I had a used back up bulb. Definitely spending the extra $20 on a Hortilux this time. I should have known better to not cheap out on the bulb which is such a crucial element. On a good note I got her in regular light and see the natural color of the leaves and buds. Your perception of the colors are so distorted in that bright orange hps , lol.
I kept thinking I was getting a little yellowing or that the leaves were getting bleached a little from the light and I did not see that at all in the regular light.

enlightedone

yeah, can't go wrong with the hortilux bulb. the price difference will pay for itself by lasting and giving off more light.
i'm on my second grow now with the goji og and am loving this strain. she is very vigorous. one of them is about five feet tall and almost touching the light. you might see some yellowing of the top parts due to varying temperature between high and low but it doesn't matter any. mine has been growing from the 40's to 88 degrees through two cycles without issues.

Yeah , Goji is very vigorous :)

Outdoors with tons of sun I bet she grow into a Monster!
I'm definitely going to keep cuts of this going. I trimmed off a little shaded undergrowth and vaped some of the premie bud and already i got this very spicy pine flavor that coats the roof of you mouth :)

enlightedone

Looking good with the Goji. Here's mine in a vertical grow last round. Enjoying her sweet gassy complex flavor right now. Very smooth uplifting feel. Good vibes for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20160517_214127_004.jpg
    IMG_20160517_214127_004.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20160503_021411_756.jpg
    IMG_20160503_021411_756.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20160505_024707_252.jpg
    IMG_20160505_024707_252.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 10
Man thats some frosty bud Enlightedone ! Howmany days did you let her go before the chop? I have heard a lot of people say to harvest when they are mostly cloudy vs amber so it has a more energetic buz. I'm at day48 right now so still have a bit to go.

enlightedone

Mine went thef full 10 weeks before I took them down. It looks finished a at 9 weeks but the trichrome really comes out and turned all cloudy by 70 days. There was another goji grow from seeds where it went 78 days in flowering before the cut. The last days is when she'll pack on weight and frost.

Well , ended up chopping her the other night. I had been noticing some foxtàiling going on with more mature tops. I never get the light closer than a foot and the room stays at around 78 degrees so I'm not thinking it was heat. But I have noticed it in other pèoples goji grows so I am thinking I might be genetic and something that hàppens when she reached maturity. Either way it sucked watching those big fat colas start stacking the calyx like that and most of the tops had close to 80% milky trichs and I was seeing small amounts o amber. so I chopped at day 64. I didn't do a plain water flush but I had been using very low nutes and molasses and since I am running 50% pearlite /coco I was told that it isn't as crucial to flush with plain water. Can't wait to she how it is after curing! Definitely potent stuff. 2 hits does me good for a couple hours and the terpines really coat your mouth :)

picture.php
[/url] Here are some shots of the dry flower. Hàrd to get the colors to come through with this crappy camera haha ;)
Buds are a nice lime green color and super hard from the heavy resin content. They sound like little rocks in my plastic pill bottle ;)
Definitely not a couch lock high. I spent a couple hours buffing out the oxidized paint on my car the first time I smoked it. The car came out beautiful lol ;)

Scrappy-doo

Nice bro! Looks like she coulda gona another week or so, but great job keeping her happy and healthy. For a first grow, I got nothin but respect. Ya got that green thumb!

Thank you Scooby :)
You are right , I feel like she could have gone a little longer but I panicked I guess. Looking back I should have just cut the more mature tops and let her keep going. I didn't have anyone to get advice from quickly and acted out of fear. Oh well you live and you learn :)
And I have 3 of her clones about to go into flower with some C99 and a blueberry. I think I'm going with the 1000 watt this time for better penetration and even fatter Goji tops :)