What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow : Starting from seed with Bohdi's Goji Og

They are already stinking up the room. I can even smell it when I come home, haha. Better get a carbon filter going cuz by the time they get into flower they are going to stink up the neighborhood ;)

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thats a bhodi for you - stinking up the whole house

you dont leave em in flower mode
just pull em back to veg as you sexed them and grow to the size you want then (clone) flower

All of the other plants pre flowers are looking more like male ones than female :(
Going to wait a little longer to cut them when I am 100% sure. Oh well the female looks really good and I'll some cuttings once she gets a little bigger. I decided to just let them go longer in veg to show sex instead of putting them in flower and back to veg. I just want to keep their stress level down since they have been topped and transplanted pretty recently.

species

All of the other plants pre flowers are looking more like male ones than female :(
Going to wait a little longer to cut them when I am 100% sure. Oh well the female looks really good and I'll some cuttings once she gets a little bigger. I decided to just let them go longer in veg to show sex instead of putting them in flower and back to veg. I just want to keep their stress level down since they have been topped and transplanted pretty recently.

Curious, when starting from seed, what ratio of males to females does everyone anticipate?

I

IndicaIsland

Sometimes you will get more
or less but over time it is 50-50.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it happens, sometimes you don't get any.

no guarantees with f/m ratios.

with the last two bodhi packs i got 5/11 females, 7/9 females with another pack.

R

Robrites

That's what I have heard, 50%. So I am wondering what I did wrong only getting one female out of 6 plants
It is predetermined before you ever plant them. You didn't do anything wrong. To help in the future, you might try the banana trick. I have not tried it myself but some people say it works.

Oh ok. Well I am grateful I got such a nice female. You can see how happy she looks :)
The 2 new tops are coming up nicely too :)
Not sure why pics keep ending up sideways whèn I upload. Also when should I start taking clones off her?

RuralRoute420

Looks good man. I will be following your grow as I too just got my goji beans and will be throwing them in paper towels tonight.

Well good luck rural! I hope you get more females than I did ;)
My female friend here has been growing super fast lately. The two new tops grew like 6 inched in a week. I topped them again , just popping of the little bud this time instead of cutting. The one plant I did that to healed much faster than the ones I used scissors on. I also attempted a little super cropping to get more colas even at the top and accidentally snapped the one on the right :( I'm really upset with myself. I taped it up and am hoping it will recover good. You can see there are 4 colas at the top now that are getting even

Well future colas anyway ;)
One Other thing I have been using every few feedings and occasionally foliar feeding with is EM1 (effective micro-organisms).

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Well good luck rural! I hope you get more females than I did ;)
My female friend here has been growing super fast lately. The two new tops grew like 6 inched in a week. I topped them again , just popping of the little bud this time instead of cutting. The one plant I did that to healed much faster than the ones I used scissors on. I also attempted a little super cropping to get more colas even at the top and accidentally snapped the one on the right :( I'm really upset with myself. I taped it up and am hoping it will recover good. You can see there are 4 colas at the top now that are getting evenhttps://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65317&pictureid=1564585View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65317&pictureid=1564584View Image

Lady looking great bro! We call that stupidcrop when supercrop goes wrong lol I find it that if you squeeze the stem first till it turns soft and then bend it, the success rates are higher and you are less likely to snap the branch! :)

Best of luck with the Goji! I got a pack in the fridge that I plan to pop sometime soon!

Best vibes peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts