What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ONE Variety to Rule Them all

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just a bit of fun,,,,
may sink but anyways,,,
like in Lord of the Rings,,,,
There can be only one,,,,,
One variety to rule them all,,,
For me,,,,
Jamaican Lambsbred 1979-82,,,,,s2:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hm, when I think about it, maybe it has to do with nostalgia, but my best smoke was the hash from Lebanon and/or Morocco, 79-early 80´s.:)

Brother Nature

This is a great thread.

I'm a (sort of) youngun so sadly didn't get to experience the building blocks of our current strains such as Haze, Thai stick, Lambs bread, Panama Red, etc... But the strain that always stands out to me is Jack Herer, followed closely by a cut of Old Time Moonshine i was fortunate enough to be given once upon a time. Only reason the OTM doens't take No 1 is she was a fickle bitch to grow and you can't find seeds anywhere anymore.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
best i ever smoked was from here in tennessee. no idea what they actually were, strain-wise. one was dime-sized rock-hard buds grown near crossville tn by two old men (in their 70s). damn stuff smelled like cat piss in the bag, lol. other stuff was golf-ball sized skunky buds grown (allegedly) in sullivan county, east tn. it went for $400 an oz when good columbian was going for about $140. they called it "cabbage patch" weed because of the cabbage patch cartoon characters on the ziplok baggies...:woohoo::woohoo: i could live with either of them from now on.:tiphat:

CaptainDankness

I'd probably go with Neville's Haze of course she won't work outdoors for me.

One strain kind of sucks I love growing outdoors but I love growing sativa's indoors too.

PDX Dopesmoker

This is a great thread.

I'm a (sort of) youngun so sadly didn't get to experience the building blocks of our current strains such as Haze, Thai stick, Lambs bread, Panama Red, etc... But the strain that always stands out to me is Jack Herer, followed closely by a cut of Old Time Moonshine i was fortunate enough to be given once upon a time. Only reason the OTM doens't take No 1 is she was a fickle bitch to grow and you can't find seeds anywhere anymore.

Mosca seeds has OTM. The Bubblegum x OTM seeds are worth trying.

As far as that one queen of them all goes I just can't imagine for sure if its the plant that grows monster calyxes and seeds as big as a watermelon inside or if its the plant with trich heads the size of baseballs. How about a heterotrophic cannabis seed that you can plant anywhere and have flowers shoot out of the ground a few weeks later as the plant parasitizes it's neighbors. Might as well just have the big trichs grow directly out of the ground. Tree dwelling bromeliad hybrids.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Compressed Mexican weed early to mid 90s.
Gotta admit, the dry, ugly, crunchy stuff, gave me the most intense, sativa, up high ever.
Then one day I woke up and every thing was neon green, "photogenic" bud.

Farm boy strength Vs. Swole bodybuilder muscle.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
For me, both were hashes..

First was charas from the Kumaon area, India around 96 ish. The high was just so happy and euphoric. Was like floating without any care in the world. I've had similar experiences but nothing has come close to how high I was with that charas.

Second was a piece of hash a German guy gave me in south Italy. Full blown visuals but with a very calming happy element.

These were the best times for me. Funny both were abroad and didn't involve smoking weed. I've had more powerful moments when under the influence of cannabis but they weren't as memorable as the above. I love good happy creative smokes :)

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thai stick circa late '60s and early '70s. What an awesome land race! I have never had as much fun after smoking an herb as I did with Thai stick.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
70s Thai stick would have been my number 1 if not for the Lambsbred,,,,s2

I agree, had the Flying Dutchmen version before and after the Sensi takeover, there is a difference in plant structure, but both were good. The latter being more tall and lanky.

Brother Nature

Nice to hear Mosca's still got his OTM seeds out there. I have tried them, but bought from a shady distributor so only received 6 viable seeds out of the 10 pack, the other 4 weren't even mature. I got 4 females out of it and one that I kept and was a great strain, but still wasn't the same as the original cut I got. She was pretty close though, I used her as my grower test strain, I'd gift one to grower friends and see how well they could grow her and if they couldn't do her well I'd not deal with them any more. When I'm able to grow again I'd love to try some of Mosca's OTM crosses again as well as some of those Ace strains, those guys seem to have the African Sativas down.

I quite like that in this thread people haven't mentioned the hype strains of the last 10 years or so. Skunk #1 is still one of my favorites as well, we've got a local grower with a beautiful cut around here and every harvest it's bought up before anything else he's got.

MrBungle

Super Silver Haze (my cut) She has a storied history in my circle.... My take is slightly different, cause I don't know where I would be right now without her... Shes kept me afloat when times were tough, she's taught me a lot about growing, and she has kept me high through thick and thin.... She is "The One" for me:angelshug: