What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerheads HK x TK, BOD 1/6/18

onavelzy

Veteran
Hi folks. I was given the chance to do a stress test on Hammerhead's HK x TK cross.

picture.php

picture.php

The seeds were harvested 1/6/18.

The genetics are Hammer's Kush x Triangle Kush.

Hammer's Kush is Cherry Cookies x C. Banana (CB was formerly known as a popular brand of banana. Because of legal risk of using an established, copyrighted name, the name has been changed to C banana.) Cherry Cookies is Relentless' Fire Cookies #12 pheno. (see info posted on next page by Hammerhead, the breeder of this cross)

In the water 1/11/18
picture.php

C

cooterbrown420

Hi folks. I was given the chance to do a stress test on Hammerhead's HK x TK cross.

View Image

View Image

The seeds were harvested 1/6/18.

The genetics are Hammer's Kush x Triangle Kush.

Hammer's Kush is Cherry Cookies x C. Banana (CB was formerly known as a popular brand of banana. Because of legal risk of using an established, copyrighted name, the name has been changed to C banana.) Cherry Cookies is listed as Cherry Pie x Cookies F2

In the water 1/11/18
View Image

No Cherry Pie in Cherry Cookies. It is Forum GSC x Fire OG bx 2 bred and selected by Relentless

Last edited:

onavelzy

Veteran
No Cherry Pie in Cherry Cookies. It is Forumn GSC x Fire OG bx 2 bred and selected by Relentless

Hi Cooter,

Welcome. I have no direct experience or knowledge with any of the strains leading to this cross, so I appreciate the guidance.

I posted that lineage based on what I found googling it. Several strain identity sites listed it as CP x GSC F2. Here's one
. I don't know how much validity to give these places' info.

I did see an entry on S e e d finder that stated Cherry Cookies was Relentless' Fire Cookies pheno # 12 and Fire Cherry Cookies was Cherry Cookies x Fire OG, aka [(GSC x Fire OG) x Fire OG]

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
cooter is right...Cherry Cookies is actually Fire Cookies by Relentless (fire cookies #12)...it’s his breeders cut. He named the cut cherry cookies. Kinda confusing! Lol

C

cooterbrown420

Hi Cooter,

Welcome. I have no direct experience or knowledge with any of the strains leading to this cross, so I appreciate the guidance.

I posted that lineage based on what I found googling it. Several strain identity sites listed it as CP x GSC F2. Here's one
. I don't know how much validity to give these places' info.

I did see an entry on S e e d finder that stated Cherry Cookies was his Fire Cookies pheno # 12 and Fire Cherry Cookies was Cherry Cookies x Fire OG, aka [(GSC x Fire OG) x Fire OG]

No worries just wanted to clear it up and make sure credit goes to the creator.

onavelzy

Veteran
cooter is right...Cherry Cookies is actually Fire Cookies by Relentless (fire cookies #12)...it’s his breeders cut. He named the cut cherry cookies. Kinda confusing! Lol

Thx VP.

No worries just wanted to clear it up and make sure credit goes to the creator.

Me too! :tiphat:

For those who wonder, Yes, I have been informed I should have waited a while to let these seeds harden before trying to germinate them. Blame eagerness as well as a couple of practical issues of what I have growing in the veg area

I wanted to make this the focus of my next grow while other plants cloned out and aged up. I figured if I dropped the seeds now, i'd have a while to grow them up and get a couple of cuts to sex them by the time I finish my current round.

They are fems so there should be no males. I was gonna do the clone flip thing to try to make sure nothing converted to intersex early. In thinking it over a bit, these will be the only plants in flower, so I guess I can probably skip that step, flower them once they've had a decent veg up and watch for any herm tendencies through the rest of flowering

I could have deferred popping the seeds until after I harvest this round and then do my next round. That would have ended up being more than 2-3 months from now.

I'm sure it will not be the first FU I make

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cherry cookies is from Relentless. CC was put on lock about 4 months after I got it. I had already made 4 crosses with her. I did send out same packs of urkle x CC to test. It went no where after it was put on lock. Those testers are the only ones that got some. None of the seeds made with CC where ever released. So I started looking through CC X CB.. Plant #15 had the same Cherry terps. I used her to make these seeds. I sent in HK for DNA testing. I got those results back a few days ago. DNA results from HK has Durban poison in the mix very interesting.

Not to worry. If they don't germ I can resend another pack in 60 days. Those where just de seeded on 1/6... I get my best germ rates letting fresh seeds harden for 60 days. I just put in a small germ test to see if there's any issues.

Last edited:
C

cooterbrown420

Cherry cookies is from Relentless. CC was put on lock about 4 months after I got it. I had already made 4 crosses with her. I did send out same packs of urkle x CC to test. It went no where after it was put on lock. Those testers are the only ones that got some. None of the seeds made with CC where ever released. So I started looking through CC X CB.. Plant #15 had the same Cherry terps. I used her to make these seeds. I sent in HK for DNA testing. I got those results back a few days ago. DNA results from HK has Durban poison in the mix very interesting.

Not to worry. If they don't germ I can resend another pack in 60 days. Those where just de seeded on 1/6... I get my best germ rates letting fresh seeds harden for 60 days. I just put in a small germ test to see if there's any issues.

Think the durban comes from the forum gsc in the CC?

onavelzy

Veteran
Day 1 in the house

Day 1 in the house

Hope those beans pop for you. Ona.

Thanks Packer, I do as well. Not to incur the wrath of the gods or anything, but it's looking ok so far:

Shortly after getting the seeds yesterday afternoon, I dropped them in a glass of SD tap water. They were all floating when I was getting ready to go to bed around 11 pm.

picture.php

I kind of dunked them a bit with my finger tip and 5 or 6 of them sank. I rolled the rest of them gently against the side of the plastic glass and all the rest except 2 sank.

picture.php

I rechecked in the AM and 2 were still floating. I gently rolled them between my fingers and they sank as soon as they hit the water again.

picture.php

I let them sit in the water until I got ready to leave for work an hour or so later. I put them in a moist paper towel, then in a zip lock bag and then put the bag onto a small basin on a heating pad and covered them with another basin. Tonight, when I got home, one seed has a minuscule rootlet and another seed capsule has cracked. :woohoo:

picture.php

I'll check them again in the morning to see if there's been anymore happening

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish they came out darker. Some seeds come out like these and some come out real dark with the strips. Both had the same amount of ripening time 50 days.. HK x TK had no dark seeds.

onavelzy

Veteran
I wish they came out darker. Some seeds come out like these and some come out real dark with the strips. Both had the same amount of ripening time 50 days.. HK x TK had no dark seeds.

Do you get a sense that the darker coloration indicates greater germination success or young plant vigor? I'm hoping the vitality and vigor I've seen so far with these continues.

LMK if you need a helper with the next set o' seeds you showed. Potential Holy Grail stuff there. If not, I'm plenty grateful for this opportunity

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They should be fine. Typically the longer the seeds ripen the darker they get. I don't think it effect germ or health in any way. 60 days would be as long as they would ever need. These went 50.

Attachments

• DSCN5320.jpg
    DSCN5320.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 27

onavelzy

Veteran
More HK x TK germs

More HK x TK germs

I unfolded the paper towel this morning to see what had changed, if anything. There were a total of four seeds with either roots or bulging root tips. I put them back in the moist paper and plastic bag for the day. Not much change this evening, although one of the roots was now about 3/4 an inch long. I decided to put them all in pre-soaked root plugs and then under a dome. The tray is on a heating pad with the thermostat set at 80 degrees F.

The four with rootlets are the ones at the top of the pic

picture.php