What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Round Infinity

yocs

sounds like you gotta lotta interesting stuff goin on over there. Not very familiar with top dressing and ground cover, but can you use ground cover like clover with foxfarm ocean forest? I really like the look, but have a feeling it would burn little plants.

slab of coconut oil, bananna, blueberries, dried cherries, cinnamon, pinch of salt, chia seeds, almonds, a tad of brownsugar, water and coconut milk.. Fire Breakfast

I wood

how about growing Chia seeds as a cover crop?
Cha cha chia!

I have done that, they get bigger than expected and are not very drought tolerant.
Living clover is a better mulch and will add a bit of nitrogen to the system as it grows and more when it dies.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Photos

Photos

picture.php

^^ Clones in Domes

These clones are in rockwool cubes, cut into aloe water then as rooting hormone I used either jb woods or root-tech. usually i use dip & grow liquid but have none handy, and I'm considering using the IBA powder in the future.

picture.php

^^ Veg Tent, with T5 lites.
so much going on in veg... willhave to get rid of some of these plants to make room for more high priority strains coming on, like glue, ogkb 2.0, gluebreath, canna tsu, lime cookies bubba and perhaps one or two of these new strains that stand out as keepers. Might end up keeping around the purple pakistani diesel because the outdooor had really unique carob-y falvors, and yeilded decent sized dense buds.

picture.php

^^ Ceramic Metal Halide Tent

picture.php

^^^ High Pressure Sodium Tent

Both Flowering tents are shown in week 1

LostTribe

Premium user
upon first reading, i wasn't sure if you were going to feed the milk and honey and vanilla chia mix to your soil or to yourself.
that does sound scrumptious, kinda wish i hadn't given them all to the soil now....

did some transplanting last nite, separated all my little aloe plants so they can propagate quicker, rosemary and time went from 1 gal to 3 gal, put some ganja plants from 1 gals into 3 gals.
also added more worms to my soil, dug small holes thru the topcoat layer and dropped handfulls of worm bin material into the holes, then re-covered with topcoat mix and mulch over that.

View Image

Need to get me an aloe plant again havent had any in years.

Subbed!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks sweet. I'm interested in the CMH tent for sure. What kind of yields have you been getting on the 315's? I've been thinking of buying a few CMH's.
I've been thinking about this company for a plug and play system...

http://www.endomaxx.com/content/endomaxx-315h-0

Also stoked for you with the reused soil working well for 2 yrs and counting!

the cmh's are comprable to 600w hps, this is my first real run with them, my other CMH lite i donated to a former patient who started growing for themselves.
as for endomaxx - i'm familiar with their products, seems really nice all plug and play at different voltages - (277, 240, 120)
but
looks like they are catering more to big ops, because individual units are priced way higher than others.... even cycloptics with their fancy hood is more competitively priced than the endomaxx models.

Need to get me an aloe plant again havent had any in years.

i'd like to get some different varieties of aloe, especially the big thick jumbo type they sell at the mexican grocery store; i always end up with these thin slightly fragile aloes.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
added intake fans to the tents last nite, and moved some lites aroud; a 600w HPS went in the middle of the CMH tent, and that was replaced with a 1000 MH in the other "hps tent". looks like the tents average around 75-80 f lites on and 60-65 or so lites out.
so now i have mixed spectrum in both tents, 2k w in one and 1230w in the other tent, still a t5 in veg.

winter rye is coming up thru the thick mulch, also planted some nasturtium flowers that are just now showing up above the mulch.

fed a compost tea both foliar and root drench last nite, took some sucker branches from under-carriages of plants, added some stakes for support.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
the cmh's are comprable to 600w hps, this is my first real run with them, my other CMH lite i donated to a former patient who started growing for themselves.
as for endomaxx - i'm familiar with their products, seems really nice all plug and play at different voltages - (277, 240, 120)
but
looks like they are catering more to big ops, because individual units are priced way higher than others.... even cycloptics with their fancy hood is more competitively priced than the endomaxx models.

i'd like to get some different varieties of aloe, especially the big thick jumbo type they sell at the mexican grocery store; i always end up with these thin slightly fragile aloes.

Si me voy a la tienda mexicana para comprar uno de ellos!

Yes the mexican store!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, seaf0ur turned me onto the mexican grocery stores; i get aloe and Panella ("pilloncillo) there. the panella is a great & cheap alternative to molasses.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was gifted several gallon bags of malted barley today...
so I fed a malted barley, malted buckwheat, panella, cytoplus (seaweed, humic acid concentrate, micronutrients), and potassium silicate mix to both flowering and veg tonite.

also sprayed big time exterminator followed by potassium silicate, cytoplus, and em1.

added cold air intakes as well after noticing temps in the tents spike (85) and the lung room was getting warm when everything was all sealed up for several hours straight, so i added a dryer vent with a Y dropping an intake into each tent. 4" of cold colorado air should keep things in the 60's & 70's.
also, since it's so damn dry here in CO, i'm considering dropping a couple small humidifier/vaporizers in there, i have a couple of these vicks units sitting around not doing anything....

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did some re-arranging...
picture.php

^^ "CMH" tent canopy, has a 600w HPS in the middle and 315w CMH on either side

picture.php

^^ above pic is shown wth a 1kw HPS and a 1kw MH, but soon this tent will have two 600w HPS on the sides with a 1kw MH in the middle of them, until i can afford another CMH for that middle spot to replace the 1kwMH (which burns HOT!)
probably going to put a 600w HPS in veg to replace the T5's

picture.php

^ Khalisi (afghan jihad x purps by sg1 of sanctuary gardens) x Sour Bubble (BOG)

picture.php

^^ Lime Cookies Bubba

picture.php

^^ Ox f2 (Rare Dankness Bubba Kush line, f2 made by mt.trogger)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^ mixed up this brew of dried comfrey, soaked malted barley & malted buckweat, seaweed powder, humic acid concentrate, and em1 and kashi. let it sit 24 hours, and will use it tonite on the plants along with another malted barley & malted buckweat sst that has soaked overnite as well (did quicker washes with them last nite).

picture.php

^^ comparison shot of 600w HPS burning next to a 315w CMH

Phases

Plants are looking super healthy, guess they are loving that gross looking mix your feeding them,

Pulling up a chair, looks like going to be a good show. Those cmh's are pretty sweet - I like the side by side. I need to look at getting one of those for the middle of my room...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, my gross brews look worse than they smell, that's fortunate.
my last gross looking mix was: dried comfrey, malted barley, malted buckwheat, em1, quantum light & quantum VSC, panella (raw sugar) - smelled kinda yeast-y after sitting for 24 hours.

picture.php
[/IMG]
^interesting leaf.
this pic was taken a few days ago, the leaf is easiy 2-3 times larger now and has the same discoloration, split right down the center of the leaf, it's the ONLY one that looks this way on the plant, nothing else remotely discolored.

picture.php

^^ here is a peek at the soil surface of a plant in veg... no mulch on these yet, so this layer goes thru more dryout than i would like, but soon they will be transplanted and mulched which will help them retain moisture in this top crust layer of soil.
i'm not sure but i THINK there are some "hypoaspis miles" (Stratiolaelaps scimitus ) in this pic, all those little white-ish globes at the bottom of pic, just right of center... i will have to get some magnification on those lil guys to know wasup with them...

Last edited:

Phases

I like all the different organic ingredients you use for your grows, and the plants come out looking amazing as well.

I could defiantly learn a thing or two here. I have always wanted to do organic, like TLO water only and some teas. But I ve gotta on the coco kick and I've been having multiple mediums for a while and it's getting annoying. Dealing with soils and promix and coco and flood and drain(hydroton) - but I know once I get a new spot with some more room I will dedicate a section to organics - I love learning about how you can use all kinds of different stuff, fungi bacteria, other plants!

Good vibes brother keep up the good work!

Heusinomics

:lurk::greenstars:

So glad I found this thread!

I'm already learning along the way. N am eager to hear more about those fermented plant extracts/teas. Very old school teck and some killer organic methods.

N I gotta day that starting soil mix is wildly diverse!

Very cool stuff. I'm looking forward to more

Big ups respect and happy growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts