Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Vertical first attempt

Thread Title Search
Vertical first attempt Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 PM #41
Aerohead
space gardener

Aerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeboy668 View Post
Wow, your right those are some bushy clones. What are you gonna use for support when they get taller an wanna lean over?

I haven't decided, I think I am just going to use string and run a network of hooks on the ceiling and LST them around the lights. I really don't want to get into nets and scrogging at this point.
Aerohead is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 AM #42
gardenbug

gardenbug will become famous soon enoughgardenbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
If I had it to do over again, I would have taken hours to pluck the clones out of the rockwool to begin with.
That is what I do. The rockwool is either too dry, or it stays too wet in dwc. I've lost one to stem rot before due to the wet rockwool. I use scissors at first to cut off big chunks and then just run them under a faucet and pick out the smaller pieces of rockwool.
gardenbug is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 AM #43
mrktwiz
Banned

mrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura aboutmrktwiz has a spectacular aura about
Aerohed;

How long do you veg your gear for? I am going for about 3-4 weeks or is it strain dependent?

Grow on brother!
mrktwiz is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2011, 07:30 AM #44
Aerohead
space gardener

Aerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Cottonmouth View Post
It is looking great man, nice work.
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback....

Quote:
That is what I do. The rockwool is either too dry, or it stays too wet in dwc. I've lost one to stem rot before due to the wet rockwool. I use scissors at first to cut off big chunks and then just run them under a faucet and pick out the smaller pieces of rockwool.
Thanks for the tip gardenbug, now I know to get rid of the RW right away next time, that stuff cost me a week of growth and lots of guessing.

Quote:
How long do you veg your gear for? I am going for about 3-4 weeks or is it strain dependent?
It's certainly strain dependant and I have never grown these strains before so I am just guessing about another month of veg.

I want to flip them at around 30" or so, my goal is to have them around 5 feet tall when stretch is over.

So this would make veg 8 weeks total, should have been 6-7 weeks but I was dialing the system in and had some slow growth in the beginning due to ignorance.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:10 AM #45
Aerohead
space gardener

The last 2 days have been very bad news

Discovered the clones I picked up from the local dispensary have root aphids #$@&*#@! that's lame.

Suddenly, everything makes sense, plant problems with perfect water, never had the misfortune of dealing with these nasty creatures before. So, I spent 6 hours learning and reading about these buggers and it doesn't look good.

I decided something or everything is going to die so I jumped on them with a very agressive plan, nuked the room and broke the system down. I cut them out of their netpots tossed the hydroton and put them in 10" netpots after a serious dunking in poison, good thing I am 90 days from harvest or I couldn't have used such a plan.

So far, there are dead bugs everywhere and the plants (suprisingly) aren't showing much stress at all. I am at my GF's house tonight so I can't post pics but I will post some tomorrow.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:10 AM #46
whodair
Banned

whodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to all
set up looks awesome...treat them hard for pests now while still veggin...bet you may also need to step up the fan underneath if it comes in a bigger size...just dial it in homie !!
whodair is offline Quote

Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 PM #47
StealthDragon
Recovering UO addict.

StealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really nice
damn that sucks to hear about the aphids...I had them a few months back in coco and treated with some imidacloprid...nasty systematic stuff but one dose knocked em out.

I think I'm basically gonna copy you for my new setup..which will hopefully be running in another week or so.

My autoflower stuffs <--old (vertical 2k room)

My micro perpetual grow (closed for now)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

The chains men bear they forged themselves. Strike off their chains and they will weep for their lost security
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StealthDragon is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 12:49 AM #48
Aerohead
space gardener

Quote:
set up looks awesome...treat them hard for pests now while still veggin...bet you may also need to step up the fan underneath if it comes in a bigger size...just dial it in homie !!
Thanks bro, the encouragement is much appreciated!!
I am treating them hard, gonna dose them again in 4 days to be sure.

You are right about the fans, I plan to upgrade both of them soon, I figure I have until flower to get better wind in there.

Quote:
damn that sucks to hear about the aphids...I had them a few months back in coco and treated with some imidacloprid...nasty systematic stuff but one dose knocked em out.
Hey thanks for the post! It is good to know imidacloprid worked for you, that's exactly what I used. Imidacloprid is also known as Merit, I hit it hard with a double dose, dead bugs everywhere and the plants look pretty good.

Here they are after 48 hours from treatment, They were dunked, poisoned, and repotted into 10" pots, they look pretty damn good considering.

And one of the Romberry bushes (slight wilting) but lookin good.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM #49
StealthDragon
Recovering UO addict.

StealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really nice
they do look good mine bounced right back after treating them. I used 2ml to the gallon watered thoroughly once and haven't seen em since. I picked it up at homedepot ..not sure which one I used, I think I actually picked one with a lower % . Uhh...did you think it smelled kinda good? I kinda liked it..

My autoflower stuffs <--old (vertical 2k room)

My micro perpetual grow (closed for now)

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

The chains men bear they forged themselves. Strike off their chains and they will weep for their lost security
StealthDragon is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2011, 01:17 AM #50
Aerohead
space gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthDragon View Post
. Uhh...did you think it smelled kinda good? I kinda liked it..
Yes, it did smell kinda fruity good!!

Any progress on that new setup?