What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

Locoporro

Hi IC Friends :joint:

New York Diesel Soma Cut

p1150338.jpg

p1150285.jpg

p11502741.jpg

p1150313a.jpg

A dried bud with a seed :woohoo:
p1150560.jpg

Amnesia Haze Core

p1150664.jpg

p1150939.jpg

p1150693.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice pics bro

that diesel is mouthwatering
keep uo the good work
hopefully i can find some quality nycd this cup

TheKnow2Grow

Great buds

Quick question tho why are your leaves all wet? Do you spray your plants during flowering? Im no expert but i though i read somewhere that its harmful to your plants and buds to spray them during flower stage?

By the pics tho it dosnt look like it becuase your buds look great!

P

ptg

Hiya loco!

It's so fuckin' great to see you there!:wave:

And all those pics are gorgeous(as always with you)!So resinous and colorfull buds:respect:

Keep up the good work!:yeahthats

Great links too...incredible strainguide!:yoinks:

Peace!

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
hmm la mandarina, i love that weed :)

whatever doubts i have regarding soma's seeds, i have to give him mad probs for finding and sharing this clone!

ojd: looking forward on comparing your uk-nyc cut to this cut from soma :D and good luck on scoring good nyc d in the dam - not an easy task the last years...

the amnesia also looks very nice locoporro, enjoy ;)

Great frosty plants Loco, awesome colors, and you gotta love that soma gear! I have been smoking on the lavender and its some great smoke

Locoporro

very nice pics bro

that diesel is mouthwatering
keep uo the good work
hopefully i can find some quality nycd this cup
Hey Ojd

Thanks m8

searching for the finest flavours , great goal :woohoo:

I tried your sssdh too amigo, really powerful herb, nice plant to grow

But i have to admit i prefer smoke SSH and SD divided

This cut smells a mix of Citrus\chips ( grill's :D)/smoke\Diesel\Fruity\typical nycd odor without being it

I have also an another pheno of Nycd , it is called nycd#2 , it's a cut more sativa with a beautiful taste of Citrus/Bacon/parsley , perfect for English People :laughing: (kinda of joke^^)

looks real good man.

I have allways wanted to try NYCD...it remains top 3 for me to try and grow..
You should m8, Nycd is the most stable line by soma ... (stable is a big word too :nanana: but more than his amnesia :noway: )

awesome diesel-
nice colours-looks like low temps in the dark period?
Heya

The temps must be like +-20° C, in farenheit it's +-68°

Great buds

Quick question tho why are your leaves all wet? Do you spray your plants during flowering? Im no expert but i though i read somewhere that its harmful to your plants and buds to spray them during flower stage?

By the pics tho it dosnt look like it becuase your buds look great!
There is no silly question m8 :joint: and it's great u pointed out what u didn't understand

I sprayed my plants with water just because it was the harvest , and you know your plants stayed all this time, in the same position, there is some dust on it , maybe some feces of spiders (even if i didn't have an invasion) , neem's oil or anything else...

And to be honest , dont we all wash our vegetables before eating them

I didn't do a watercuring during 7 dayz, i just spray my buds with water and no problemos for the drying , i just got some crystal clear budz

One another thing, it's the terpenes of the weed, a little spray didn't flush them but when you make a watercuring, it's sure you destroy them

So i like more sieved hash cuz there is more taste due to the terpenes

It's so fuckin' great to see you there!

And all those pics are gorgeous(as always with you)!So resinous and colorfull buds
Thanks AMIGO , really happy to see you here
Great links too...incredible strainguide!
Did u see that , Unbelievable , one of the most interesting on the web :D :yes:

hmm la mandarina, i love that weed
Hey sideshow Bob , love your threads and macro pics ... :yeahthats

Héhéhé really interesting what you said !!!

Did you say Mandarina ??? :yoinks:

Not the first time i heard this name ...

Are u sure this is the mandarina cut ?

To me , there are three Cuts of Nycd

Soma cut
Mandarina
Red Diesel

Soma cut is wich i showed, it's a cut from a spanish growshop which have won the spannabis cup 2004 with it

Mandarina is for me , also a spanish cut with a dominant citrus taste but it makes hermies really easily (maybe heard it's also a cut from soma)

And Red Diesel which is supposed to be a cut from a coffeeshop from Amsterdam

Are u ok with me ???????????? do you have more informations ???? is the soma cut for u the mandarina cut ???

I will be really grateful if u know more about my different questions

whatever doubts i have regarding soma's seeds, i have to give him mad probs for finding and sharing this clone!
Héhéhé you should read a report i have made about the amnesia on the vibes collective , i tried to back up the history of amnesia haze .... and all is not Pinkish :nanana:

not an easy task the last years...
Héhéhé maybe in Dam , but in Tilburg to the Toermalijn , you should find some of the greatest nycd i tasted

I will get rid of my 2 tasty pheno for one of this pheno nycd of coffeeshop... (maybe not but i'll keep 3 for sure ^^)

the amnesia also looks very nice locoporro, enjoy
Isn't it the same as yours ???

The core cut ! ?

I have to say , i am really satisfied of this cut , especially when the original owner is a fellow country man (just jokin')

In our country , you find a LOT of amnesia from 8 to 12 euros , and there are a LOT of differents phenos, they get all a common taste but the CORE cut , my god !!!!!!!!!!!

It's the PERFECT amnesia , you are producing your own amnesia of coffe, in your living room

Before when i was smelling amnesia , i tought : it's not possible for a plant to smell like that

Now , i Know this real deal , not an added spray or something else

Thanks to the No-Hoarders ...

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I pointed out that i did the real lazyass boy, will write a little more about those plants

1.5m²
12 strains (landrace/hybrids/clones...)
20plants
pots of 6L
mix coco/batmix/growmix/perlite/puzolan
Flora série, 50-30,13-14, Gens (13/17) ,K Boost, mycomaxxx

p1150207.jpg

p1150251.jpg

p1150358.jpg

p1150345.jpg

p1150349.jpg

p1150266.jpg

p1150975.jpg

p11502281.jpg

p1150237.jpg

p1150225.jpg

p1150789.jpg

SD IBl "riri" (------> Thread: Sour pheno http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=67601&page=10 )
p1150832.jpg

Celestial Temple Sativa
p1150999.jpg

p1150570.jpg

Full Vibes to u , IC Fellows

Ps: THX psychopirate , didn't see your post , yeah for sure i love that soma gear , im smoking one spliff right now... good vibes to u

"El Loco Porro"

P

ptg

Wow...there is a high level here!

I'm falling in love with the sweet skunk,she looks really good,so beautiful bud...and the neville haze is yummy to see !

And well,the landrace cali is very nice,and chunky for a sativa!

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Your plants look like shit!! Hahaha jk....Amazing pics and genetics bro. Very interested in the "landrace cali"....Looks like some awesome genes....k++++ to ya...

OP

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmm la mandarina, i love that weed :)

ojd: looking forward on comparing your uk-nyc cut to this cut from soma :D and good luck on scoring good nyc d in the dam - not an easy task the last years...

the amnesia also looks very nice locoporro, enjoy ;)

I had some awesome nyc diesel at Hunter's coffeeshop like a week ago, and being that they had a bunch of other Soma strains, I will assume it was his as well.. It was definitely the best herb I smoked during this trip.. Really great taste and a crucial high. Sweet/Sour taste, really nice.

Hunter's is on Warmoesstraat, real close to central station - I recommend everybody check them out.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hey sideshow Bob , love your threads and macro pics ... :yeahthats

Héhéhé really interesting what you said !!!

Did you say Mandarina ??? :yoinks:

Not the first time i heard this name ...

Are u sure this is the mandarina cut ?

To me , there are three Cuts of Nycd

Soma cut
Mandarina
Red Diesel

Soma cut is wich i showed, it's a cut from a spanish growshop which have won the spannabis cup 2004 with it

Mandarina is for me , also a spanish cut with a dominant citrus taste but it makes hermies really easily (maybe heard it's also a cut from soma)

And Red Diesel which is supposed to be a cut from a coffeeshop from Amsterdam

Are u ok with me ???????????? do you have more informations ???? is the soma cut for u the mandarina cut ???

I will be really grateful if u know more about my different questions

Héhéhé you should read a report i have made about the amnesia on the vibes collective , i tried to back up the history of amnesia haze .... and all is not Pinkish :nanana:

Héhéhé maybe in Dam , but in Tilburg to the Toermalijn , you should find some of the greatest nycd i tasted

I will get rid of my 2 tasty pheno for one of this pheno nycd of coffeeshop... (maybe not but i'll keep 3 for sure ^^)

Isn't it the same as yours ???

The core cut ! ?

I have to say , i am really satisfied of this cut , especially when the original owner is a fellow country man (just jokin')

In our country , you find a LOT of amnesia from 8 to 12 euros , and there are a LOT of differents phenos, they get all a common taste but the CORE cut , my god !!!!!!!!!!!

It's the PERFECT amnesia , you are producing your own amnesia of coffe, in your living room

Before when i was smelling amnesia , i tought : it's not possible for a plant to smell like that

Now , i Know this real deal , not an added spray or something else

Thanks to the No-Hoarders ...

hehe mate, that does it - now i'm really confused... i was talking about the different nyc d cuts with sativorro at CC.net the other day: http://cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php?t=161867&page=3

after smoking the mandarine cut i can tell that i already smoked this particular cut in amsterdam in coffeeshops, so i asumed it really is cut from soma... now you tell me it's a different one - and people in austria also are sure their pheno comes directly from soma... maybe soma just opened a pack few seeds of nyc d and spread the clones all over europe, so there really are many clones that come from soma, or some people consider a cut that comes from soma more valuable than other plants and therefor just name their plant soma-cut... anyways for me the proof is in the smoke - and the mandarine is until now the best representation of the grapefruity/citrusy diesel i came across as plant... but the best smoke of grapefruity/citrusy diesel i also had in a coffeeshops, in "the noon" about 2 years ago, it was called original diesel...

first thing the dealer at the counter did when somebody entered this small shop at that time was take the box of diesel and hold it under the nose of the one coming in... i think i never saw somebody who could ressist buying some after smelling it :D would love to come across this one in plant-form (the dealer told me it was grown from a cut they got from the us - original diesel - and that this one is the one were nycd originates.... made sense back then - and as it was the best diesel - i tend to believe him ;) )

so well now we can say there are at least 3 different clones that are being passed on as soma-cuts - one in austria, one in spain and the one you showed us... i can tell from my experience that the spanish cut is (for me) far superior to the one from austria, would be interesting to compare yours and the mandarine side by side now...

one thing i like to add, you say nyc diesel is stable... i tend to disagree on this one... i have seen just too many different phenos to call it stable, just 3 for you here:

21805MG_3962.jpg

21805MG_6601.jpg

21805MG_6533.jpg

all from clone, 1st is a grapfruit-pheno selected in germany, 2nd ist the clone from austria and 3rd is more fuelish pheno selected in germany...

about the amnesia: no we are not growing the same, i never tried the core cut, the one i pictured was selected by a friend in hamburg... but maybe ojd can tell us the differences between those two amnesia hazes? he got the one i have and would bet he already had a chance to try the core cut...

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Maybe its time to tell that the Amnesia Core Cut is in fact a SSH cut. When Core first got it (from me), he was told it was named Amnesia. Later i found out that its a SSH cut. although lot of coffeeshops sell it as Amnesia. But for example GH sells it as SSH atm. I have seen it in other shops as Superhaze.

solarz

Just curious what sweet skunk you are running, as well as that celestial temple sativa. I've been looking for that lady for a while, and can never find it.

solarz

K

Karma Genetics

Thanks for that one Moppel, Loads of folks seem to think it is a cut core selected from seeds.

K

Karma Genetics

So the plant many people call the amnesia core cut, is the amsterdam coffeeshop SSH.

Where did it come from, meaning who planted it and where came that seed from ?

It is the same as they sale in many shops in the south aswell, There also seems to be a more golden colour one.

SillyCone

Maybe its time to tell that the Amnesia Core Cut is in fact a SSH cut. When Core first got it (from me), he was told it was named Amnesia. Later i found out that its a SSH cut. although lot of coffeeshops sell it as Amnesia. But for example GH sells it as SSH atm. I have seen it in other shops as Superhaze.

Thanks for clarifying that up, Moppel. We've been wondering in our small community (the Vibes Collective) which exact genetics the "Amnesia Core cut" came from.
We knew already the cut came from you (as Core himself stated it in an old post here on IC) but a name is hard to change once it's rooted (pun intended :p) and also it sounded kinda cool to say the truth ;)

Thank you very much for spreading the love, Moppel, that SSH cut made me a happy grower, I can't stop smoking it thus can't stop growing it either ;)

It really amazes me that it's "just an SSH"... I grew quite a few hazes from dutch origins in the past, and have found many typical tasty haze smells like sandalwood (NL#5xHaze), citrusy (Sweet Skunk, Kali Mist), floral (Neville's), spicy/hazy (Silver Haze), spicy/incense (SSH), even an over sweet chewing gum smell (Kali Mist), but I just can't smell enough of that fruity SSH cut of yours ! I never would have guessed it could be a Super Silver Haze... It's structure is so different, she's not extremely stretchy like my other phenos of SSH (or Jack's, Neville's, HyPro Amnesias, ...)
Though it's true that after a few weeks of curing (when I can keep her that long :p), the typical "amnesia" taste fades in favor of a more classical silver haze one...

If it's ok with Locoporo, I could post a few pics of my Amnesia/Core/Moppel/SSH cuts later on...

SillyCone

Just curious what sweet skunk you are running, as well as that celestial temple sativa. I've been looking for that lady for a while, and can never find it.
The Sweet Skunk is the "elite" cut (damn I hate that term), the SS#10 I believe selected by Breeder Steve. It came to France then Belgium from Canada. It's been running for a couple of years throughout France now. If you don't know anyone who could give you a hand in finding the real cut, I guess you could find it in seed form, at least in crosses, do a search on the breeders forums at IC. Oh, and I just checked out now on the Seedboutique, they still have Sweet Skunk from Federation Seeds in stock, apparently ! It's a selfed version of Breeder Steve's Sweet Skunk cut, and from what I've seen here and there, it looked quite similar to the original (though I haven't seen or smoked Federation Seeds version, that's only through forum readings.)
I think Chimera also might have a cross with SS in the Seedboutique catalogue, but better make sure for yourself ;)

The Celestial Temple Sativa is a selected cut from an F2 generation made by a friend of mine in France, now retired from the grow community, and selected by another french grower who then spread it widely in France and probably other close by countries. The F1 was initially bred by Federation Seeds, but I guess it would be very hard to find some seeds of it in any seed shop nowadays. Though you might even find some F3 circulating in some circles...