What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepalese and North Indian

Ponderosa

That's a lot of Jungle plants in a tent. I hope you know those plants will get tall and have a lot of room for them.

Good Luck :tiphat:

I know I'm taking some risks. They're on 12/12, I'm keeping them in the solo cups through flower, and I'll be moving the males to a different room to collect pollen. I have a good amount of head room, and I'll lst if the stretch gets out of hand. I'm not concerned about yield, I just want to do an open pollination.

Ponderosa

RSC Himalayan Varieties

RSC Himalayan Varieties

My happiest seedling
picture.php

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Have you ever wondered what you'd get if you crossed a five meter tall Nepalese hashplant sativa with a 0,5 meter ruderalis? I did too. They're F4 by now I guess and every reproduction has favored the Nepalese side, but with ruderalis influenced flowering time. I seldom flower these indoors but here's one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	neprud4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	17849113
Click image for larger version  Name:	neprud2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	17849114
Click image for larger version  Name:	neprud3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	17849115

The mother Nepalese was something Bodhi collected in the Annapurnas (Watermelon hashplant) and the rudy is something I collected in the wild so I'm quite fond of this cross. They still retain both THC and CBD phenotypes.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
So Thule are those fully auto now? How high do they grow?
I did a similar cross just for the hell of it last year.

Not really. I can keep them in veg to some extent. They are just very photo sensitive. European rudies aren't autoflowering in the same sense as lowryder is. They will flower on 24/0 but they lack the resessive autoflower gene. All crosses with rudy have been more or less intermediate in terms of flowering which was a surprise to me. (And I don't think Lowryder is a ruderalis hybrid at all.)

I've gotten plants about 1.5 meters tall from these but they could probably grow up to two meters and more.

Have you grown yours out yet?

gorilla ganja

Not really. I can keep them in veg to some extent. They are just very photo sensitive. European rudies aren't autoflowering in the same sense as lowryder is. They will flower on 24/0 but they lack the resessive autoflower gene. All crosses with rudy have been more or less intermediate in terms of flowering which was a surprise to me. (And I don't think Lowryder is a ruderalis hybrid at all.)

I've gotten plants about 1.5 meters tall from these but they could probably grow up to two meters and more.

Have you grown yours out yet?

No, I have not grown any out yet. Maybe I'll throw a couple out this summer.
What do you mean European rudies lack the autoflower gene? You can't make a full autoflower from them? Very interesting thoughts. Any threads or links you can point me towards for info on this?
I'm doing a Siberian rudie cross to a high CBD plant right now.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Rudies do have some kind of autoflowering genes so you can eventually breed closer to complete day neutrality but the f2 won't segregate like it does in lowryder hybrids i.e. 25% flower automatically and the rest are photoperiod dependant. Instead you are more likely to get the full spectrum from practically autoflowering plants to very late flowering plants. This kind of autoflowering is not very practical for back crossing..

We've discussed this on the forums but I don't recall which thread that could have been. I'm sure you can find the posts by searching with my username and the words ruderalis and autoflower.

I haven't grown the RSC Siberian ruderalis so I can't say anything about that one specifically but I'd be surprised if they resembled Lowryder. Siberian derived hemp that I experimented with behaved much like the rudy. Intermediate earliness in the f1.

The breeder of lowryder supposedly used a Mexican ruderalis in it's creation. I know autoflowering genes exist in the Americas so I could buy that. But should something like that be referred to as ruderalis? I think it's misleading.