What's new

Sour Diesel IBL, Pope Sativa, G13 x OG Kush, Leda Uno

G

Hiya folks

This is a thread to document my third coco grow. My first was a big success and was harvested just over a month ago. My second run is flowering now, so my wardrobe is jam-packed by 8 lovely sativa ladies.

DSCF0047.jpg

I removed a Trainwreck and a mexican from the front row to show you how dense my canopy is. I removed the lower branches as clones after the plants show sex, so in a way, this is a modular SCROG with stakes instead of a net.

These plants have at least 6 weeks left, some will take longer than that, being long flowerers. That means my seedlings for the 3rd run to replace them have got plenty of time to veg, and I hope to be able to find and cull the males before placing them into flower.

Some of you may remember I lost a lot of my seedlings for my first coco run after a couple of days of sprouting, this turned out to be caused by dodgy cheap coco in brick form I bought locally. This time I'm using Canna coco and as you can see, no problems at all with starting seeds in it, not lost a single one this time:

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

I've been giving them a mix of Suprdrive, green Fuse root stimulator, Biobizz Bio-Grow, Formulex, Atazyme and Seaweed Extract, they seem to like it.

DSCF0012.jpg

G

The line up for this 3rd run consists of:

4 x Sour Diesel IBL
4 x G13 x OG Kush
6 x Pope Sativa
2 x Leda Uno
1 x Purple Afghan x Cheese

The SD IBLs have been planted in 1.5 litre square pots of coco and placed directly into 12/12 from day one in my other flowering space. They are now 10 days old, one is refusing to grow, ont is kinda weak and the other two look okay, but not as healthy looking as my other seedlings overall. There is slight glossiness on their leaves, so I will skip a day of feeding:

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

The rest of the seedlings are in my seedling box under 160w of coolwhite fluoro tubes along with some clones and 9 Dark Kush seedlings:

DSCF0077.jpg

G

Here are the four G13 x OG Kush. Now, let me explain their origins, as noth g13 and OG Kush are female-only clones. I was given them in a trade with a guy in the States who I an no longer in tough with. All I know is I received 5 seeds in a little plastic bag with G13 x OG Kush written on it. Perhaps this is actually the (in)famous G13Haze male x OG Kush? That would make them the same as THSeeds' MK Ultra. Who knows, but to my eyes, you can see the OG Kush influence in their leaf forms. Would love to find a female with the resin and calyx to leaf ratio and density of the OG Kush buds but improved yield and less F*%$ing stretch!

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

G

Many thanks to JJ-NYC for these Pope Sativas. I think it's Chemdawg D x Nigerian Silk, or might be Sour Diesel x Nigerian Silk, can't remember. They are nice plants though with very broad, thick leaves and fat, squat stems. One grew with a floppy stem, which has slowed down it's development. They have shown good hybrid vigour from day one, and are a good size for 10 days old. The main variation is in size, three are large, two smaller, and then the floppy one. The bigger two have grown loads of roots out of their pots, very vigourous. I have had to top them to slow em down, and a couple of days later topped the side branches too. These will be very bushy by the time I flower them.

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

G

And finally, here are the two Leda Unos. There is a third, but it's a tiny runt that will probably be culled. This is a very good strain by KC Brains with high potency and a very strong lemon flavour, been a few years since I grew it. KC has good genetics but shitty beans, I only got 4 to germ, one died after sprouting, one is a runt, one was slightly mutated and one is doing fine. The mutant one is smaller and less developed, but is growing out of it's mutancy nowk, I have topped both plants and I'm praying at least one of them is female! I will probably dust thee best female Leda with some Sour Diesel pollen.

Main reason I stuck the Sour Diesels straight into 12/12 is to find a good male to pollinate my Trainwrecks as all 5 turned out female and I figured that SD would be a good choice to cross to the TW.

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

Last edited:

JJ-NYC

Good luck, everything looks great. Pope Sativa is Chem Dawg D X (Nigerian Silk X NS/NL5x HZ) The sativa side really comes thru with vigor growth, but she's a fast finsher @ 63-70 days. Most pheno's have a touch of lemon pledge taste and smell. Not to much of the Dawg comes thru in these.

Last edited:
G

Hi JJ, thanks for popping by. I'm really looking forward to flowering these as the only Chembawg genes I've grown so far is the abusive OG Kush cut. I'm more a sativa person although I enjoy a good indica like the OG, so a sativa leaning Chemdawg variant liek the Pope is probably right up my alley, so to speak.

G

Well, the seedlings are all doing great, but they are growing so fast that overcrowding is going to become a problem. I removed the two large clones (UK only elites, more on those at a future date...) to make more room. But as you can see, they have grown a lot in a few days and I've had to do some more topping, they can be no taller than about 9 inches in this seedling box.

DSCF0015.jpg

Here are the two clones, one is Kentish Kreme, the other is simply called 'The Smelly One', both are very high quality, many thanks to the kind folks who shared these kilelr genes with me. I have taken cuts of both of these and will be inclusing a clone of each in this flower run alongside the Chemdawg hybrids. I just moved a Trainwreck and a Tibetan x South African into flower, so that freed up room for these clones in my mother cabinet.

DSCF0009.jpg

Wildfire

looks great man, you shoulda told me you were trying to do a chem hybrid run. i woulda gotten you more than those sour diesel crosses. :wink: looks like you are getting the coco dialed!

G

Hi man, many thanks for the genes you did send, there's enough to allow me to explore the Chemdawg line for a good while. The Lisa Marie f2s keep saying 'grow me next' but then so do quite a few others! lol I'm thinking I'll keep the best Pope Sativa lady in clone form and next run will contain some Nigerian Nightmares by Reeferman. These are very photo sensitive and if kept on more than 20 hours light per day will remain in veg, but drop below 19 or 20 and they flower. I wanna make a bunch of Nigerian Nightmare seeds for outdoors next year, and if I keep the best Pope I can cross her to a Nigerian male, see if the photosensitivity passes on to the offspring.

Ah, this messing around with genes sure is fun!

As for the coco, I had most of the problems you could encounter in my first run - I used cheap coco bricks and discovered seeds had a very hard time starting in it, I did flush it, but obviously not enough. So I started seeds in little cops of soil and transplanted them at 2 nodes into small pots of coco, then double potted onto bigger pots of coco for flowering. It worked, but it was a workaround due to crappy coco.

I got a sack of Canna coco for this run and with no flush, straight outta the bag, you can start seeds in it a piece of piss, just soak with light nutes at ec 1.0 - I used a mix of Green Fuse root stim, Formulex, seaweed extract and Biobizz Biogrow. After they formed their first true leaves I went to ec 1.1, then at the 2nd node to ec 1.2, I am now giving them ec 1.3 and they have no burn and are all green and healthy. So the first thing I learnt was use good quality coco fibre, if you do, it's really easy to start seedlings and root clones in coco, I find it easier than in soil to be honest. As long as you don't let em get dry and don't overfeed, they grow like mad.

A little bit of nute solution every day for each plant seems to work best. I don't bother with watering until 10% runoff till I put them into flowering. Last time I used seaweed extract, formulex and Plagron Alga Grow right through veg, building up to ec 1.5, then switched to Canna c+b when I put them into 12/12. This time round I'm using AN Monkey Juice instead of the Canna as the Canna was sold out, and the sativas I currenty have in 12/12 look great and have none of the nute or ph propblems I had last time, could be partly due to my improving skills and partly due to the Monkey Juice, but they are all looking pretty good. The G13 x OG, Popes and Leda Unos wil lgo into the cab to flower as soon as these sats are harvested, which could be another 8 weeks or more, so I'll have to keep pruning them so they get wide and bushy and not too tall, and should be able to sex and clone them before they go into 12/12.

Some pics of the sativas currently flowering:

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

Tibetan x South African:

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

Blueberry x ZamalHaze:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

Mexican:

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

Trainwrecks:

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

G

Very dank B_H :rasta: Are you overall impressed with being able to grow larger plants with a small container, using coco?

G

Very much so, I yielded 32g off a Purple Afghan in 1.7 litres of coco and 44g off a Mexican in 1.7 litres of coco. In comparison, I yieled 11g off a Swazi in 2 litres of soil. I doubt I will ever grow in soil indoors again, I'm totally sold on coco and handwatering, beign able to tailor the nutrients for each plant, I love coco, many thanks to hazyfontazy, thc4sim, truecannabliss and ojd for convincing me to give coco a try, it;s transformed my grows and very much for the better.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro i am so glad you have gotten into the coco, your threads are really inspiring me to pull my fnger out and get a thread running properly (with regular updates), gotta show exactly how good the uk is doing......your deffinatly doing us proud.
Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah looking real good britishhempire

im loving the coco to

grows alot quicker and beter yield

G

Thanks for the kind words guys. I guess with my username and avatar I am kinda flying the flag for the UK. It's not something I've been conscious of doing until recently, and I'm just not a competitive sort of bloke, but I am happy to show the world there are some interesting things happening in the UK.

The Leda Uno that was neither a runt nor mutated is growing really vigourously, I repotted it a week ago from her 0.7l pot into a 1.5l one and put it into 12/12. I'll take some pics of it tonight after 1 week of 12/12, not stretched too much which surprised me. Her it is when being repotted, loads of nice white healthy roots, not used any fancy (and expensive) rooting additives, seems to me plants root so fast and well in coco that they really aren't necessary.

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

Last edited:
G

One or two of the plants in veg have very slight magnesium deficiency. One plant, the biggest of the G13 x OG Kush, has quite bad magnesium deficiency, so I've fed the last two days with extra Formulex, which contains magnesium.

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

G

Here is the Leda Uno after a week of 12/12, I am surprised by how little she has stretched so far, I was expecting her to really take off once flipped. She seems healthy enough but has some yellowing of her lower leaves. I am not sure what this is, perhpas magnesium deficiency, anyone got any suggestions?

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

G

The Sour Diesel IBLs are a real mixed bunch, there is one big, nice female, one short, stocky, broad-leafed male, one lanky, weak looking male and a runt.

Here is the female, 24 days from seed:

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

And here is the runt, perfectly formed, just a really slow starter:

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

G

Here is the short, stocky male, I've popped this one back into a 24/0 light regime, might use him to make seeds down the line, apart from being smaller, he looks to be the same pheno as the lady pictured in my last post:

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

Here are the male and female together, they look similar, just the female is much bigger:

DSCF0078.jpg

And here is the lanky one, I am 99% certain this is a male, but the preflowers are tiny and I might be wrong:

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

G

The Pope Sativas are really vigourous, they have outgrown my seedling box despite the pruning and I could only fit two of them into my mother chamber, so the two largest have been placed into 12/12, they look really nice and I havea feeling these will yield pretty well judging by their structure. I am pretty sure the brown spots on the lower leaves on one of them is from nutrients splashing onto them and then evaporating and burning them, this is the only plant with this marking and it looks like spash marks.

DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0117.jpg

DSCF0118.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts