What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the beginning of the end

G

I’ve read Stephen King’s books up to the Dark Tower series, all worth reading.

@stewart, he does seem a bit long winded in some of the longer books, but its necessary to build the story line.

He has written under other names, Richard Bachman was one of the earlier ones.

Most Bachman books are much shorter, and I think as good or better than anything else he’s done.

Thinner would be number one and Running Man second, but not by much. Highly recommend both.

My guilty pleasure is I love SciFi and always have. Since I was a kid. The nice thing is in THAT genera is a nice escape for me personally. Maybe not for all. I recently watched a couple adaptions from books. Nightflyers was a let down but they had me at Gretchen Mol. Plus the netflix adaptation of Altered Carbon. They jacked it up and hope they dont ruin it any further.

OK back on subject for Trump bashing by those who have power they abuse and those who dont see the world outside their bubble.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Its sad when the only view you read is the one you accept and the rest of the world is your enemy. You and yours are the ones who end up in the dark.

That's not at ALL what I said, but your interpretation of my sentence is interesting.

All I said is that people who think the way I think seem to be populated here at icmag. I think you read into that statement, friend.

:tiphat:

G

That's not at ALL what I said, but your interpretation of my sentence is interesting.

All I said is that people who think the way I think seem to be populated here at icmag. I think you read into that statement, friend.

Unless I was wrong, and I dont really see any indication I am, you only want to hear the opinions that agree with your positions. And then your shocked that differing opinions exist and even more shocking your views are possibly the ones in the minority outside of your bubble.
Kind of like the quote about being shocked that Nixon won because she didnt know anyone who voted for him. Im sure its a similar world full of folks who dont know anyone or very few Cretans that didnt vote for hillary or bernie depending on the bubble you live in. Granted its an exaggeration but the point is valid I believe. Your slam on America in your info is a not so subtle indication as well. Im not sure if your actually a US citizen or not and bashing the US is a common sport here in these forums. Im not immune to this as well but living where I live and interact I see a very diverse cross section of people IMO being in a large University area. I may not be a world traveler and there are far more parts of this country Id rather see before traveling abroad. I have strayed far from the Trump bashing theme of this thread. Feel free to return to the productive :comfort: continuation of this thread.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No man. You are definitely reading into it, and it's possibly because we all have a tendency to project our own filters over things... but when I said that people think the way I do here, what I meant was that most of the people in this thread know that there are no sides, that we're all fucked, and that the establishment is the enemy.

It has nothing to do with left or right or loving trump or having derangement syndrome over him, or any other president for that matter... it has to do with knowing all of those things are fake.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - its all a political reality soap opera - to keep us all thinking that its important - or that it really matters.

G

No man. You are definitely reading into it, and it's possibly because we all have a tendency to project our own filters over things... but when I said that people think the way I do here, what I meant was that most of the people in this thread know that there are no sides, that we're all fucked, and that the establishment is the enemy.

It has nothing to do with left or right or loving trump or having derangement syndrome over him, or any other president for that matter... it has to do with knowing all of those things are fake.

THAT I can very much agree with. I actually try, and fail on a regular basis, to find a common ground. I just get exhausted with the one song folks who flit from page to page with the only intent to stir shit about politics. NOT examine an issue and how the politics involved affect the issue NOT use it as a excuse to bash their enemy of choice.

MOST people and I fall into the trap to often dont realize that its a giant kids game of "Monkey in the Middle" We are all the monkeys. Politicians are the ones passing the ball back and forth over our heads while they consolidate power and money. And then go have dinner together and laugh at us.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... If you want outrage go ahead and read the Flynn sentencing report. You’ll find walls closing in on Comey, mueller and Co.

..... oopsie, looks like the Judge didn't buy any of it, said Former Nat'l Security Advisor had sold out the country and mentioned the word TREASON.

Flynn left with his head down, he looked shaken.

Sure glad someone had the guts to bring down the hammer on this charade!

igrowone

Veteran
well, with all trump's sins and malfeasance
it's funny what gets you in the end
trump's statement of withdrawal from syria?
what a reaction it is creating in the hallowed halls
his 'supporters' are beginning to mutter dark comments

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The Dark Tower saga is Sci-fi.

Thinner doesn't hold a candle to It.

It's really not hard to see why King is popular if you can get to that objective point you expect from others.

I second the advice to start the series.

I'm going to watch Nixon tell me he's not a crook again.

vta

Veteran
..... oopsie, looks like the Judge didn't buy any of it, said Former Nat'l Security Advisor had sold out the country and mentioned the word TREASON.

Flynn left with his head down, he looked shaken.

Sure glad someone had the guts to bring down the hammer on this charade!

Then he came back from recess and apologized...realizing he was off on the dates of his lobbying. He thought Flynn was working with Turkey when he was in the administration....which he wasn't. Just doesn't fit the narrative of your programmers in the MSM.

White Beard

Then he came back from recess and apologized...realizing he was off on the dates of his lobbying. He thought Flynn was working with Turkey when he was in the administration....which he wasn't. Just doesn't fit the narrative of your programmers in the MSM.
Link, or it didn’t happen

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
What the Leftie MSM is saying now is that the Judge's outrage and the TREASON comment was caused by everything that he could see in his unredacted copy of the Mueller/Flynn sentencing report.

Sure wish we all could see alla the classified stuff left out, but that will never happen.:whistling:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
come on Badfishy1 - lets not get into this - lefty/righty nonsense all over again - you know better than that man - and I even agree that there is more to this Uranium One deal than is widely known - yesterday I watched some tribunal where these forensic accountants/lawyers were presenting a pretty good case against the Clinton's on it and today I saw this one, which looks to be fairly unbiased :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumgTTejLY0

Uranium One: Shady Money and the Clinton Foundation | America Uncovered

'Yeah - there is no proof - but it does all look a bit shady'....

packerfan79

Veteran
come on Badfishy1 - lets not get into this - lefty/righty nonsense all over again - you know better than that man - and I even agree that there is more to this Uranium One deal than is widely known - yesterday I watched some tribunal where these forensic accountants/lawyers were presenting a pretty good case against the Clinton's on it and today I saw this one, which looks to be fairly unbiased :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumgTTejLY0

Uranium One: Shady Money and the Clinton Foundation | America Uncovered

'Yeah - there is no proof - but it does all look a bit shady'....

You know you could admonish the posters who regularly call us far right or alt right. I get that you are opposed to the right left divide. Shouldn't both sides be called out. I have seen some insane anti-Semitic shit posts here that weren't even noticed.
Not legitimately critical of Israeli policy, just flat out hateful towards the Jews. Just a little friendly constructive criticism. It's your spot do what you will. I support all persons right to speak.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
All people might have differing opinions on any topic - who am I to police what people say?

I'm probably one of the most un-PC people you might come across - because I detest people who try to tell me what to say - or think - since I can do that for myself.

So you may also detest it when I say I would prefer that we didn't have these battle-lines drawn out between what you might perceive as right and left on ICMAG - so calling someone a lefty or a righty just doesn't cut the mustard with me - since it comes across as more of a put down/insult than anything - unless there is anyone here that actually fully identifies with being whatever a 'lefty' is - or whatever a 'far-right' is - which I doubt, but who knows?

packerfan79

Veteran
All people might have differing opinions on any topic - who am I to police what people say?

I'm probably one of the most un-PC people you might come across - because I detest people who try to tell me what to say - or think - since I can do that for myself.

So you may also detest it when I say I would prefer that we didn't have these battle-lines drawn out between what you might perceive as right and left on ICMAG - so calling someone a lefty or a righty just doesn't cut the mustard with me - since it comes across as more of a put down/insult than anything - unless there is anyone here that actually fully identifies with being whatever a 'lefty' is - or whatever a 'far-right' is - which I doubt, but who knows?

Mabey admonish wasn't the right word. Just saying calling out 1 side for using lefty, but not calling out those who use far right or alt right isn't fair. Just looking for equality. Lol.

I have no problem with free speech. I advocate for it in fact.