What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to Sweet Pink Grapefruit?

T

TakenByTheSky

SPG at day 30, super stinking like grapefruit already.

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I remember one guy here grew that spg cut from Vienna, it was nice smoke as far as taste etc. but effect was not so interesting and it is bitch to keep.. many sweet tooths and blockheads was grown here around 2005, as one austrian shop sold them very cheap.. and breeder Steve and his Swiss adventure was very popular here.. I like blockhead more, it packs some punch and its wonderful grapefruit tasting goodness..

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Bought in the early 2000s in vienna a clone labeled spg. Had a nice lightgreen colore and didn't stretch much when flowering and from the first puff u know u got something special with intense grapefruit aroma. Never got that clone again and when i asked the shop owner years later he just said its gone.
Also did grow the spg from floweryfield which was dev not the same. One major difference is that the first clone kept the intense grapefruit smell when dried the ff did not and the smoke from the ff clone was also mediocre. I know its not good to compare strains out of memory but the second cut going around can't compete with what i think was the real deal

mexweed

Veteran
Relic seeds has a blueberry grapefruit that is Goosebay blueberryXgrapefruit f2, apparently their grapefruit is the sweet pinkXSoma nycd, they also have grapefruit f3 and Relic grapefruit that uses an IBL female

mazar_man

think vic high made spg
Vic High worked with it, he got it as a clone though same as everyone else. It was a commercial clone in Vancouver area crime gangs/beaster crowd that Breeder Steve got ahold of and realized was actually good if grown properly. No lineage is known for certain more than that.

Not often grown anymore because other than the artificial grapefruit flavour it has just before peak flower and bag appeal it isn't anything special. Autoflowers all the time, botrytis susceptible, boring flavour and effect. Doesn't hold a candle to majority of modern day stuff imo, it was just the original hype cut when people first started to realize you could use the internet to hype up any old thing including beasters clones to sell seeds.

Reactions: Rgd

Rgd

Veteran
Vic High worked with it,
from what I remember the clone was called “grapefruit"

and he added I think c99 to make the "sweet pink" part

heard the grapefruit clone was awesome and had a sativa high

it was a while ago

Last edited:

mazar_man

from what I remember the clone was called “grapefruit"

and he added I think c99 to make the "sweet pink" part

heard the grapefruit clone was awesome and had a sativa high

it was a while ago
Sweet Pink Grapefruit & Grapefruit were two names for same cut used interchangeably and both given by breeder steve. Vic did make that cross to c99 but it was not called SPG. It does have more of a sativa high than most indicas for sure, similar to a thai imo.

Reactions: Rgd

Latest posts

Latest posts