What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Happy Birthday Joni

RB56

Veteran
Think I need to pretend I didn't see that. Her first album was 50 years ago. I remember it :(

T

Teddybrae

congratulations Joni!!!

will She go to a party in a Big Yellow Taxi? Or has her brain eventually dulled from The Hissing of Summer Lawns?

Thanks for the Feelings Joni!

ronbo51

Veteran
When I first started guitar my brother showed me some open tunings. Joni mostly played in open D. She was actually not a bad little guitarist.. I loved all that broody folk singer songwriter stuff. And picking up a guitar and singing Carrie, or California, or Little Green was a near guarantee lock on sex with the ladies. Court and Spark was her best I thought. LA Express were a bunch of seasoned studio cats. The stuff with Pat Metheny was cool.

I read quite a while back she had some horrible phsycho/physical disorder and was in bad shape. Hopefully she is fine and enjoying life. Didn't Graham Nash write "Our House" about Joni from when everyone was hanging in Laurel Canyon.