What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Landraces from the island of Reunion

thejact55

Super cool. I have had instances of seeds that dont like to germinate from reunion. Do you do anything extra to help the small seeds germinate? Are they small seeds? Normally im 80-100 percent germ on anything, but with first trial of k1 zamal from tropical seeds, and now my second trial, its not going well. I made some zamal x blueberry...again tiny seeds, i learned once i sandpapered them, they germinate fine. I just now sandpapered my current k1 zamal seeds, as im at 2 of 10 germ rate in 3 or 4 days.
Just wondering if you just soak or use towels...or have to scuff, or something like that.
Please keep us updated, cool thread.

Nitr@x

Super cool. I have had instances of seeds that dont like to germinate from reunion. Do you do anything extra to help the small seeds germinate? Are they small seeds? Normally im 80-100 percent germ on anything, but with first trial of k1 zamal from tropical seeds, and now my second trial, its not going well. I made some zamal x blueberry...again tiny seeds, i learned once i sandpapered them, they germinate fine. I just now sandpapered my current k1 zamal seeds, as im at 2 of 10 germ rate in 3 or 4 days.
Just wondering if you just soak or use towels...or have to scuff, or something like that.
Please keep us updated, cool thread.

Hi, thanks
Maybe you have old seeds

- 12 hours of immersion in water, then container with absorbent paper (a few drops of hydrogen peroxide)

- try 2 days in the freezer and 5 in the refrigerator, then put them to germinate

- as a last thing osmopriming (after wash the seeds well)

:tiphat:

Ps

what was born zamel x blueberry ? :dance013:

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi,
what are they?

Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana
The Zamal that Gerrit has ....was gifted to him in seed form by myself many years ago...

I aquired the seeds from a French grower/breeder on La Reuinion island in the Indian Ocean called Christophe...

(I thought that you might want to know the history)...

It is a very fine sativa and Gerrit has really done alot with the variety....some of which I have sampled to my delight!!

Thanks Gerrit!!

*Great pics and description Dubi!!

Just ta let you know Gerrits is probably one of the most revered pure cuts of Zamal derived from seed stock acquired directly from Gypsy Nirvana A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR AWAY......

Are those ACE, Personally acquired in La Reunion, old GN stock, or from the Mangu Carriot breeder in France?

If they are true then they are delightful!

Best,
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts