What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Year, New Ace Plants: New Golden Tiger, Haze x Hond., Pan Haze, Skunk Haze x GT

G

I get excited and buy more seeds than i can grow :)

I think most of us can relate to that :biggrin:

I totally agree with Ncali on the Purple Mexi.I should also mention that is one of the strains that I like more when harvested early.

NC,amazing ladies! :tiphat:shame about the borg...:comfort:

Pretty work all the ladies look special..

The Thai Chang Mai x Malawi looks like its going to be a rollercoster ride to the moon.. buckleup..
Not to mention the green hz x hond
And the skunk haze x GT...

Good luck with those pesty pests Brother..!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi NCali,

Congrats on the harvest of the Panama haze and your own Skunk/Haze x Golden Tiger hybrid! :)

I am also surprised the Panama Haze finished so early.
The Skunk/Haze x GT looks and sounds like a very successful cross, hopefully you can find the high quality terpenes from the Skunk Haze and the overpowering effects and high resin production from the Golden Tiger that you are probably looking for in this hybrid. Guess this hybrid is interesting enough to grow bigger populations and select remarkable females (and males).

You are really a kind and passionate person towards your plants, i'm the one who must apologize for the hermie traits in the new Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi hybrid, as you know straight Thai hybrids can be problematic in this regard, hopefully the second female of this cross stays sexually firm until the end so we can check the potential of this third Golden Tiger version compared with the first and second Golden Tiger versions. But as far as we can see, this third GT version is the wildest Thai/Malawi combination we have ever produced, and as you said it's probably more suitable for outdoor growing in tropical locations, rather than an indoor grow from seed.

Sorry to hear about the mites, they are one of the worst enemies against indoor tropical sativas. The long flowering of the tropical sativas, along with the warm temps to grow them properly are perfect conditions for mite proliferation. Hopefully you can keep them under control because the Golden Tiger fem and the new Green Haze x Honduras were looking very promising in their second half of flowering.

Thanks NCali for all your great efforts and frequent updates!

Ncali

Veteran
Updates

Updates

I apologize for the lack of updates. There are three girls left, Gt gen 2, new gt and green haze Honduras. All look amazing, smel amazing. The spider mites have done a number on these girls, next round of plants are inoculated against the Borg. Boo.

attachment.php

First up a group shot, the Thai Chang Mai. This plant is about 10-11werks flowering. She is a very chang mai expression in growth, fruit, lemon, chocolate are some smells coming through currently. I'd probably change the amount of nutrients in my pots for these, they are pretty light amendments in there, but next I'd grow them in low-medium range. She's so vigorous she needed more support, but doesn't much like bottled nutrients, same with green haze honduras.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180408_142544.jpg
    20180408_142544.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180408_142837.jpg
    20180408_142837.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180408_142804.jpg
    20180408_142804.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180408_142905.jpg
    20180408_142905.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 11

Ncali

Veteran
11/13 photo period

11/13 photo period

Green haze x Honduras is a lot more manageable than I was expecting, and faster than her mother. This plant is around 13 weeks a d maybe has another two weeks. She's on water only and smells Devine, lemon and sandalwood haze goodness.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So about14 weeks here, she's about done. I am waiting for more of the clear thrics to turn cloudy, bout 5-7 days out . I think this current generation Golden Tiger here is more Malawi leaning in structure, but the terps are SO much nicer than the generation one similar pheno I grew previously. Major terp upgrade, same frosty dense goodness. This smell is like orange 50/50 ice cream bar if you grew up in the states in the 80s/90s. For you others, orange with a creamy vanilla. It's sweet citrus and a creamy floweryness, no acrid lemon bite to the citrus. Very fucking nice, hope it maintains during dry & cure. Looks like hell, sorry folks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180408_141147.jpg
    20180408_141147.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180408_143004.jpg
    20180408_143004.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180408_143105.jpg
    20180408_143105.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180408_142718.jpg
    20180408_142718.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180408_142605.jpg
    20180408_142605.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 14

Ncali

Veteran
Your words are too kind Dubi. Growing these types of plants indoors in artificial conditions provides many challenges. I feel blessed to be provided the opportunity to face them, and you contribute to that opportunity very much, so thank you. I'll keep trying and bring along all the girls who can behave, and I'll remember fondly those who can't keep up haha (RIP changmai #1!!)

So thanks, I hope you're aware of your positive impact on communities far away from yours. I know not everyone agrees with how some of the genetics you have are shared or used.... but I think it's good work dude. Dont apologize for nanners, they're expected in a certain amount of the population.

Now go find more a5 testers so we can get those genes back out to the masses via a5 Malawi lol.

Love yah bro!

Ncali

Hi NCali,

Congrats on the harvest of the Panama haze and your own Skunk/Haze x Golden Tiger hybrid! :)

I am also surprised the Panama Haze finished so early.
The Skunk/Haze x GT looks and sounds like a very successful cross, hopefully you can find the high quality terpenes from the Skunk Haze and the overpowering effects and high resin production from the Golden Tiger that you are probably looking for in this hybrid. Guess this hybrid is interesting enough to grow bigger populations and select remarkable females (and males).

You are really a kind and passionate person towards your plants, i'm the one who must apologize for the hermie traits in the new Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi hybrid, as you know straight Thai hybrids can be problematic in this regard, hopefully the second female of this cross stays sexually firm until the end so we can check the potential of this third Golden Tiger version compared with the first and second Golden Tiger versions. But as far as we can see, this third GT version is the wildest Thai/Malawi combination we have ever produced, and as you said it's probably more suitable for outdoor growing in tropical locations, rather than an indoor grow from seed.

Sorry to hear about the mites, they are one of the worst enemies against indoor tropical sativas. The long flowering of the tropical sativas, along with the warm temps to grow them properly are perfect conditions for mite proliferation. Hopefully you can keep them under control because the Golden Tiger fem and the new Green Haze x Honduras were looking very promising in their second half of flowering.

Thanks NCali for all your great efforts and frequent updates!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Sorry to hear about the ongoing battle against the borg! All things considered though your plants look excellent! I'm really excited to see how they all turn out but I'm especially excited to see the differences between your green haze x honduras and my purple haze x honduras. They're basically cousins! ;)

Ncali

Veteran
Sorry to hear about the ongoing battle against the borg! All things considered though your plants look excellent! I'm really excited to see how they all turn out but I'm especially excited to see the differences between your green haze x honduras and my purple haze x honduras. They're basically cousins! ;)

Me too! Different moms that are sisters and same dad, sounds like bad reality television right? Hahaha. I've been watching your girls as the start to flower, a lot more OTH structure, very interesting. I think mine have a little more Honduras influence in growth and finishing time. She isn't afraid to throw new pistil blooms every couple of weeks though haha

I'll keep you updated, wish there was smellovision for you. You have much to look forward to!

Ncali

Veteran
I too am sorry to hear about your battle with them little bastad's.
Ah no worries, like dubI said I did everything but roll out a red mat for the lil bastards. I don't like using chemical pesticides, but neem and alcohol washes couldn't do the trick in the long haul. So the new ladies are all mite free, a few more applications after the gen 3 Golden Tiger and they should be whooped. I can't stand having them on the flowers, but I'm not going to spray the 3 girls left while so close to harvest bleh. Such is life, compromise I guess...

Ncali

Veteran
Looking good Ncali! Green haze x Honduras ends up being quite chunky!

Why thanks! She is pretty chunk for what is supposed to be a whispy long flower sativa huh! I've kept a cut of her, she is very nice. Finishes faster than I thought too! She just started really getting "thicc" these last few weeks. She gets topmax (fulvic acid +kelp extract basicly) and water only for a while now. She hates bottled nutes and needed a little more food. Lesson for next run

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ncali,

You are probably the first one finishing the new third GT version and the Green Haze x Honduras, i really appreciate you took your time and effort to try them, thanks! :)

Glad to hear the third GT version (Thai Chiag Mai x Malawi) is producing old school lemony and chocolate thai aromas, she is flowering with the tight and resinous Malawi structure and with a tall thai kind of structure, quite similar to the more thai phenos from current GT's second version releases. You are going to be in a Thai/Malawi paradise comparing the 3 different Golden Tiger versions, excellent!

Very nice outcome on the Green Haze x Honduras as well. Chunkier flowers than expected (true hybrid vigor coming from a true F1) and faster to ripen than expected, the flowering time seems to be more on the Honduras side.

Thanks for sharing your positive insights about current GT 2nd version, i'm very happy you can appreciate the terpene upgrade in this current version compared with the original and first GT regular version, the high is also much better. ;)

It's a pitty that the spider mites hit your garden in late flowering, there will be a drop in the effect and terpene quality of your sativas.

Do you keep clean clones of the different new parental plants to grow them again in the future ? It would be amazing to grow them again outdoors if you have the chance and if your weather allows it.

Best regards!

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks Dubi,

I'm really enjoying the golden tiger grow. I have 40 more beans of gen 2 golden tigers on ice, im very excited to grow and explore the line. Golden Tiger is such a great plant, but long to grow and long to cure... best effects after cure, its a wholey different experience. But very exceptional and spiritual smoke. It's a line worth exploring. I have a lot of GT grows planned. Have to dip into other gene pools first... f2 of Guatemala open pollination, same for kerala, and same for some afgani artifact seeds just for my preservation first haha.

I have golden tiger mothers of gen 1 female, gen 1 male, gen 2 female shown, and this gen 3 female I took cuttings when the chocolate terps showed up. I took those gen 3 cuts late into flower, its been hit or miss for me for cuttings to root this late. So yes, they will be run again, and again, and again haha. I have three really nice girls and what seems to be a strong stud. Excited to do more GT work.

I hope to grow more green haze Honduras soon too, the terps are out of this world. I hope the effects are green hazey. Nice work on this line Dubi, I think there iis a lot to explore here too.

It's always well spent time with ACE long flower sativas. I'm happy to dedicate tent time for these girls. When I pass them around, the smiles and admiration of old effects, smells, tastes with new twists is worth it.

I'll keep yah updated how these finish

:thank you::tiphat:
NC

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
~12 weeks or so of flowering 11/13

~12 weeks or so of flowering 11/13

Green haze honduras
attachment.php

Thai Chang Mai x Malawi (10 weeks flowering or so)
attachment.php

Gen 2 Golden Tiger
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180414_185156.jpg
    20180414_185156.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180414_185221.jpg
    20180414_185221.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180414_185248.jpg
    20180414_185248.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
NCali all these lovely pics have maxed the rep I can give ya! They're looking excellent my friend. Really impressive work man.

Sticky Sat

Hi Ncali,

Congratulations for your beautiful work and thanks a lot for the pics :)
I'm growing outdoor in the tropics and, having no winter, have to deal with spider mites (among other pests, fungi and viruses...) all year long... It seems there's just no way to totally get rid of them organically but I've had good results at controling them by foliar spraying the plants every 3 to 5 days with different mixes in alternance. I found out that prevention is by far the best way to fight pests and it most of the time allows me to stop treating before week 2 of flowering.

I begin with a light dose of classic neem oil as soon as the clones have roots or when the seedlings are established.

3 or 5 days after, depending of the infestation, I spray them with a mix of 15 % half skimmed milk, the rest being regular tap water. (For seedlings keep this option for a later spray as they don't always appreciate the extra Cal when they're too young...)

3 or 5 days after, I spray a mix of olive oil and essential oils
(1 tsp olive oil + 4 drops of sweet orange essential oil emulsified with 0,5 ml silica for 1 quart of water) You can also crush 2 garlic cloves into the oil instead or in alternance with essential oil.

3 or 5 days after I spray aspirin to boost SAR and help control the TMV I'm plagued with, but that's an other story...

3 or 5 days after I spray a black soap mix etc... then come back to neem oil with essential oil added before the first hair come out.

I spray with plain water or mixed with compost tea the day before the next treatment.

I know it's a lot of care but it prevents any pest adaptation to the mixes. Anyway, these girls come just after my family (not the extended one...) and I care for them as for my kids. The kids say even more...;-)

It should be easier in CA where it's a lot drier (around 100 % RH all year long here...) and being indoor helps preventing early reinfestation.

I hope it can help.

The very best to everybody :)

Ncali

Veteran
gt & green haze Honduras

gt & green haze Honduras

Gt is that powerhouse daze effect, off in sativa dreamland ha ha. Smell is still a spice & orange when ground. Very nice, still needs a long cure to round out the effects. But it's strong herb, very happy to have kept a cut.

The green haze Honduras has just finished/is finishing the drying process. Smells kinda went rotten fruit with strong lemon peel. It should change up a bit during the cure.

The terp winners of this grow were the Panama haze (lemon, wood, bacon incense) and one of the gt x skhz (fruit gummy bears).

However, nothing has dethroned Panama x Malawi yet in terms of effect. I have found a few plants that are stronger in terms of ... fortitude of the effect, but nothing close in the well rounded feel good, "sunshine on a spring morning" smile inducing (&panty dropping) effect of the panlawi. I'll happily keep looking, though. Many Panama, Honduras, tikal and other beans I've yet to try.

The last GT (chang mai) is a few weeks from finishing. Here is a pick of the green haze Honduras that is sitting in mason jars to cure up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180506_162739.jpg
    20180506_162739.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 10