What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to run errands in a bit...don't want to hex myself,but it seems the hell heat is over for the summer...finally...just in time,i noticed the swampy was blowing hot air yesterday,and sure enough,the pump was clogged with calcium buildup...got the backup pump installed and all good...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Was without a phone for a day and a half not very nice.. tried dealing with insurance waste of time just went to store and got a new one.. these things don't seem to like to swim in the saltwater...
Made that mistake with a regular watch about 50 years ago - so saved up and bought a 'dive watch' - got me wondering if they make 'dive phones' these days? - probably best to have - if you don't want to miss a call at 40 meters deep ☆ - never seen an underwater cell-tower anyway - lol

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
fishstick is just waiting for them to find some new kind of space metal out there so he can try it on his bike. that telescope is cool tho they keep find hospitable plants in the goldilocks zone they just found another the other day has the signatures of one to support life

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm waiting on some water to boil this morning. I'm thinking about 2-3 more hours.

I'm boiling up almost 4 gallons of water to sterilize about 3-3.5 gallons (volume of total space) of hydroton, so (/before) I can re-use it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...a lovely day for some trimming! so pumped! it is a nice day now that the hell heat has gone away...one last stage of the vuelta to watch while trimming today,should be a good one,hoping the american sepp kuss wins

madalasatori

Veteran
Had to do some trimming this morning, hate to spend Saturday morning trimming after a hard week at work. I don’t hate being paid though 😉

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

No. Just H2O

It's heat sterilization... or rather Pasteurization.

Its used in other types of applications for this or that... Or things like sterilizing/pasteurization straw for growing mushrooms.

The boiling water also disolves any salts and other mineral build up from the surface of the hydroton.

madalasatori

Veteran
:watchplant:let's see...a 4x4 tray scrubbed clean,about 2 dozen stakes cleaned and sterilized,9 plants pruned,staked,and sprayed,veg tent clean and sterilized...now to move 18 plants in #1 pots to the veg tent and do some up-pots
you running 9 plants in a 4x4? Me too. What kind of veg times/yields ?