What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Thai Revival

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info e.T and thx.

I'm really strict on only using organics and not any chemicals.
Natural for me is the normal way to go.
I have faith that what is right is meant to be and will be.

BrainSellz

Veteran
Choc Thai is some of the tastiest and finest herb I have ever smoked. It's been 15 years since I've seen or smoked it. Amazing project you have going. I hope the best for the best.

Here's wishing you the best of luck with this project, just hope when all is said and done we don't end up seeing like 10 packs put up for bid after a long drawn out affair, see it happen time after time.

e.T

All good. Living organics here....
Ga3 is a naturally occurring plant growth regulator, fwiw

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Good luck with your project, I'll be looking forward to see those plants... I just hope that the strain will be as good as its name's legend, as sometimes it doesn't happen with this old big names.

Are those supposed to be Dutch Flower's Chocolate Thai F2? Or just unknown Thai-Stick bangseeds from back in the days?

Vibes.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another in soil.

All depends what is found in a seed. Sometimes names are bigger than the seed, rather than the quality or quantity the seed came from.
This weed was said to be very good at the time seeds were collected. Will see my buddy in a few days and try to get more info.

Attachments

• Chocolate Thai lot 1-3-1.jpg
    Chocolate Thai lot 1-3-1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 42

satva

Veteran
14er Holistic Colorado legal dispensory has some Chocolate Thai f3 and Chocolate Thai crosses in their seed list, (link). I have no information on the origin of these 14er genetics, or 14er Genetics. Their seeds are not inexpensive, but they have been worked for several generations.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=290931

DJ Short used Chocolate Thai genetics. DJ short crossed Highland Oaxacan gold x Chocolate Thai. I don't know anything about Chocolate. The 1970's Thai high I remember was clear, cerebral, and soaring, which is opposite of DJ short notes on the effects of Chocolate Thai.

PS> I've never visited a Colorado medical or recreational dispensary. I resemble the phase "Old School"

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know where or if some seeds advertised as pure Choc Thai really are.
Do you remember the cost of the seeds just for curiosity?

It is advertised as a 9 or 10 week strain? Don't sound like pure Thai to me.

The guy I got the seeds from said it was the best smoke around at the time.
Was brown and did not look really potent, but was great.

Thx for the info.

satva

Veteran
I called 14er Holistic and Chocolate Thai f4 are $35 USD for 6 seeds. 14er Chocolate Thai crosses noted range from $35 - $50 USD for 6 seeds. 14er sells 6 seeds for as much as $100 USD. The budtender I talked to, like me, doesn't know anything about Chocolate Thai. ICMag member ~ homebrew420 runs 14er Holistic dispensary. My guess is ~ homebrew 420 is the breeder, or the one in the know.

The good news is if you get a decent germination rate, you're a millionaire!

PS> I often get a chuckle about - today's value of the 1975 Highland Oaxacan Gold seeds - I tossed in the yard and garden.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have never sold a single seed and am just a breeder/collector of strains.
My friends get good stuff from my seeds and tell me I should go into the business.

There are good breeders and many just produce large lots of seeds for profit.

My buddy that gave me these seeds will be smiling when I see him later.
The guy he got these seeds from is dead now and that adds to the energy of these seeds.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Best of luck to ya. I am amazed they cracked so quick. I am trying to germ some 20 years old seeds currently and am not having any luck yet. Looking forward to this journey!

Best!

The Revolution

Veteran
Glad to see u get these going man. Im praying you get acpl dozen to come up and have some viable breeding stock. You have the possibility to make the dreams of many a reality. Been after the real choc thai for a very long time. Sending good vibes brotha

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
we used to get that in the early '80's and usually called it the untied thai.

it looked like the dark nug in my profile picture.

ogkb cookies is similar in effect as I remember it.

can't wait to see what sprouts out of this. I lost my collection of 70's and 80's seeds whilst in rehab for my mid 80's blow problem.
family cleaned out my house for me. fuckers.