What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philippines Sagada

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Little weekly update on the Sagadas for y'all...
I love the lime colour, such a vivid green! Probably one of the most beautiful plants I had in the past years.

Leaf:
picture.php

Vibes! ;)

Beautiful sativas you have there sir. Good luck with the project.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Congrats Mustafunk,

I've always had better luck with the skinny leaf plants. I hope it kicks ass for you, and you get lots of non hermie seeds.

Keep posting lots of pics!

:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

rik78

Veteran
Musta, vaya la que tienes liada!!

The plants look amazing and having already a girl has to be recomforting for the project.

I will stick around to see how this finish

un saludo enorme

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Some fresh pictures from this weekend! Plants keep growing besides the small pots. I will probably keep them there to keep size controlled and push the flowering time as well.

Family portrait:

picture.php

picture.php

One male already appeared and first flowers can be seen on the tops! It seems to be firm on the gender. Fingers crossed!

picture.php

Maybe the flowers will open in time to pollinate some other females in the garden....

Huge leaves in some of them besides the size of the plants:
picture.php

Good vibes!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Very interesting! You're a lucky [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]man for finding a [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]male!
[/FONT]

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good! Hope the fems stay fem. I grew some Philippine bagseed I was gifted and the couple plants I had going grew great until about week four of flowering, then they turned hermie and threw out whole stems of male flowers.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah definitely, for now 1 male and 1 female so far. Fingers crossed to see if they stay firm! 2 of each would be the perfect scenario for maximum diversity but the other plants seem are still lazy to show up any balls/muff lol!

Vibes.

B

buddymate

Pinas is 7107 islands,loads of plantations,great place to island-hop,that old tattooing lola is incredible.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The update is finally here, after many weeks waiting for sex to show it finally happened! We have already a daylength of 11h and a half right now. Although have some bad news, the two males seem to be intersexual, one only shows some pistils at the top bud and the other looks like totally hermaphrodite, with both buds and male flowers all over the tops.

Male1:
picture.php

Female 1 (faster):
picture.php

I'm rooting a few branches and will do the same with the other female this week, at least to have the oportunity to finish them as pure sinsemilla to be able to compare how they end up and how they smoke and smell, etc.

Hermaphrodite male:
picture.php

picture.php

The 2 females are very slow but they seem to be firm in the sex so far... fingers crossed. I will probably use the Male1 anyway, as the hermaphroditism doesn't apear to be so blatant but I think I will discard the other one. It's a shame that we don't have more plants to choose but the strain needs to be preserved anyway, even though there will be some hermie plants for sure in the offspring. Nothing to worry about in a SE Asian sativa anyway or this kind of exotic cannabis, where it's said to be hard to find firm males... :)

Vibes!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Congrats Mustafunk,

I agree that you should make seeds anyway. Perhaps with a larger population in the next generation, you have a chance of finding a pure male and pure female. Don't lose what may be a powerful or unique smoke due to esthetics.

Good Luck,

ThaiBliss

Gelado`

Veteran
Some say the sativas in the Phils were brought over from Thailand/Vietnam...maybe there is some truth to that after all!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Some say the sativas in the Phils were brought over from Thailand/Vietnam...maybe there is some truth to that after all!

My personal opinion is that Thai Stick was one of the pinnacles of Cannabis breeding achievement for extreme potency and hallucinogenic effects. Because of this, I believe that it has been spread around as much or more as any strain has. Unfortunately, the potency and effects are not preserved well in crosses. But there are scattered instances around the world where these traits have successfully been preserved. Australia, Mexico, Africa, and the Caribbean to name a few. I have no evidence other than having smoked strains and felt similar effects as Thai Stick, and have noticed the distinctive Thai like leaf serrations in other strains.

I wish someone would do an extensive genetic study of the cannabis genetic lineages and lineage migrations around the world.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Gelado`

Veteran
It'll happen one day! I know Thai by effect...nothing leaves me in stoned contemplation, amazed at my own thoughts and tripping out on my surroundings like a good Thai!