What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The IC Organic Growers Community Thread.

lobsterbush

Don't worry Von your garden skills are on point. That is what really matters :respect:

Here is some of my nugs getting closer to chop week 7-8

Buddha's triplets - Triple kush x Buddha's sister

picture.php

Vortex

picture.php

picture.php

Faded on me a little early but they look tasty nonetheless. Plan on switching up to 7gal smart pots next round instead of the 3gal bags I have been using.

My extra soil gets thrown in a tub and re-amended while it is waiting for next round. Would it be a good idea to water it with some ACT to boost microbial life? I'm pretty cautious of getting it too wet and a couple tubs are getting pretty dry. Curious if water or tea would be better.

V

vonforne

Lobsterbush- I normally give ACT while my soil is sitting out a round or at least give diluted left overs to the containers keeping them moist.......left over kelp tea and alfalfa teas also.

Natural_Mystic

I was reading about fukushima today which caused me to wonder about using fish meal ,crab/shell meal, and fish bone meal. Do you guys think buying these products and using them in our mix, could possible give us a harmful dose of radiation ?

bigshrimp

Veteran
Lol welcome to modern life. Do you know how many atmospheric nuke tests there have been in the last century? Lol

Breathe deep.. :)

V

vonforne

I was reading about fukushima today which caused me to wonder about using fish meal ,crab/shell meal, and fish bone meal. Do you guys think buying these products and using them in our mix, could possible give us a harmful dose of radiation ?

Mercury is more of a worry than radiation with any type of ocean born creature.

V

vonforne

Here are my scraggly knee high plants that some bugs are eating at. LMAO @ RD!!

These are actually about 6 ft tall now. They have survived 100 plus temperatures, no rain and insects. I am happy with this area for the most part. A couple of the plants could have been in a better spot but over all for a first time spot good in my book.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Western Yarrow that grows here. I have been collecting the heads and saving the seeds to grow in my wild flower area next year. I have also been collecting the heads of the Black Crimson Echinacea.

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that looks like its fading out nicely vapor, what are the genetics of that?

great to see so many good pics on the last couple of pages... been away recently.

VG

vapor

Veteran
dont recall atm will ask my friend whos project it is when i see him, i think it is a cluster fuck of sorts....

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hey guys: Is Kandy Kush a nutrient hog? I cloned directly into Vital Earth Organic Potting Soil like I have for years, and about a week after pulling the humidity dome the plant showed signs of Nitrogen deprivation. I transplanted and top dressed with EWC and it is starting to green up. The part I am curious about is the UPPER leaves were yellow not the lower leaves like Nitrogen deprivation. Anyway it is greening up so all is well with KK Thanks

C

Carlos Danger

Bombay, wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. I've grown KK before and it's a stellar line. If it was upper leaves and not lower first it's not N deficiency. Nitrogen is mobile and a plant will pull from lower older growth before new. If it's new growth it's either an immobile nutrient or a lockout caused by something like humidity (can tie into Ca lockout and yellowing of tips of new growth) or soil moisture.

V

vonforne

Here is a quick shot of the Fat Bubba (Bubba Kush x Sourbubble) VG made. They are about 3 weeks and are in 2 years old ROLS. They are destine for 7 or 10 gallon Smart Pots. Picture is a few days old and they have now started to grow very quick.

picture.php

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey guys question... as far as molasses...

I know MM and everyone uses blackstrap, but I bought unsulphered before I read any of this forum. Once I read blackstrap was the best, I stopped using it...

Is it ok to use? Will I notice any negative effects on the plants?

I would like to get rid of this bottle before buying blackstrap if possible... I don't like waste...

C

Carlos Danger

Unsulfured is totally okay to use. The one you want to avoid is sulfured, although I've never been told a reason why. I suppose it has something to do with the processing of the molasses, or perhaps the nature of sulfur as a fungicide/perhaps concerns over sulfur toxicity. The blackstrap is a little more rich in nutrients but non-blackstrap still offers the simple sugar source you're using for your microherd. You could use powdered sugar as the old Brix Mix product did just as easily. Definitely not worth tossing for blackstrap. Waste not, want not!

edit: It's nice being able to talk about something as unoffensive as "brix mix" without having an avalanche of sarcasm heaped upon my head any more. *thumbs up*

sgapetti

Veteran
single container , micro vertical cfl grow , 14 x 14 x 28 inches, biobizz line ,some shots of the last runs:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bless S

Latest posts

Latest posts