What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Hmong

Veteran
cute twins @ 99 days.
full

full

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Really ? From Rahan ?

Indeed Inbreeding can shorten flowering time if early parents have been used but your plants well ready at 14 weeks is suspicious. Early pheno of our Lambsbread is more 16 weeker and flowers are less compact, more airy with thinner pistils simply. You know how pure sat male can reshape everything... ^^

Hmong

Veteran
Really ? From Rahan ?

my bad, I made a mistake

thought you also have the Lambsbread x Blue Mountain

Indeed Inbreeding can shorten flowering time if early parents have been used but your plants well ready at 14 weeks is suspicious.

you likely not seeing traits because of the Blue Mountain influence.
For finishing time, I ran well matured clones in just a 2 liter pot, also pollinated for F3.
There is one pheno in there that goes over 20 weeks, I just ran it for as long as seeds took.
Cut the 9ft clone at 19 weeks for mites, could have gone on forever if healthy.
This thing didn't stop growing and had only preflowers for 7 weeks of 11/13
Single flowering pics weren't possible as later I had to bend all the Sativas in the tent sideways, some around 2 corners.

for reference, this is the tent @30 days 11/13 with Jamaican on the right under the meter.
2m tent, lamp at 1.9m
full

Jamaican touching ceiling @37 days, still no budding^^
full

lots of bending later, 10 weeks into the fun.
You get the idea...
full

here are the 30 day pics of all the seedlings I had, 8 germed, they are F2s.
U might be able to tell from the leaf which one are more Lambsbread?
full

full

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Well guys... I don't want to disrespect anyone (I know I'm saying something that will piss off a lot of people) but is there any traceability of this variety back to the 60s/70s? Really? After what the island went through in the 80s/90s? and anyway Peter and Bob were not from the same Rasta community as Bushman (which community?)
Maximum respect for Bushman, and for all those who have spread pure lambsbread in the world in an ethical and Irie way, but I would like more clarity....precisely out of respect for the people involve...
Bless

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Peter and Bob were not from the same Rasta community as Bushman (which community?
Simply sourced from Trench town which is common community between them.

And considering its pure sativa genepool, its effects and its collect early 2000s by GrowDan there's no doubt about its integrity for us. The truth is just shining but even in Jamaica the big majority of "expert" doesn't know nowadays what is pure sativa holistic lol.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
my bad, I made a mistake

thought you also have the Lambsbread x Blue Mountain

Okay they are USC's Double Jam i understand better now. Indeed CBG's Blue Mountain is different with early flowering than Lambsbread. More 14/16 weeker, probably also pure sat but Red kind i would say and maybe from Colombian corinto kind imported in the 80s?

Btw great grow @Hmong bravo and thanks for sharing! Have you found some fruity specimen?

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I still have a problem with the concept of "a strain called lambsbread"
I was only once in jamaica but the people i met there explained me that "lambsbread" is weed in a spiritual context and there is no a lambsbread. When u smoke to be better person u smoke lambsbread, when u use ganja for meditation you smoke lambsbread, when people gather to praise god they smoke lambsbread,...

So all those lines called lambsbread dev originated from weed called lambsbread but there are many lambsbread out there and not a lambsbread.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Plantations in Trenchtown?
Maybe i understand wrong.....
However I don't consider myself an expert, I know something about Jamaica, Rasta and Herb...

@chilliwilli It depends on who you talk to, someone will tell you that it is the name of the sacred herb, someone else will tell you that it is the name of a variety, someone else will tell you that it is the name of the excellent quality herb...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I forgot to point out that I'm certainly not denigrating Lambsbread, the Vibes collective, Bushman and the others, in case it wasn't clear

Rgd

Veteran
Plantations in Trenchtown?
Maybe i understand wrong.....
However I don't consider myself an expert, I know something about Jamaica, Rasta and Herb...

@chilliwilli It depends on who you talk to, someone will tell you that it is the name of the sacred herb, someone else will tell you that it is the name of a variety, someone else will tell you that it is the name of the excellent quality herb...
sounds like that covers all the bases

I smoked lambsbread in the 70’s and eary 80’s and it was identical

I mon goin wit-----> its be a variety

and the seeds from vibes collective were also identical to what we smoked n the 70’s and eary 80’s

Hmong

Veteran
Have you found some fruity specimen?

All phenos had woody/fruity aromas, one had slight incense added.
Grown in dry winter conditions and seeded, it's hard to judge terps, as so much gets lost.

I judged all the herb by effect and it stood out from the first spliff.
Much more social and less extreme in the head, yet still energizing. Peaceful weed.
I'm not a Reggae guy, but when the herb let's you tune in Marley and makes you wanna cook Ital, it's legit^^

It was my first time smoking Jamaican and I definitely caught the vibe.

Definitely the Sativa I prefer over Thai or Haze, just needs to be grown with more individuals and sinsemila, to evaluate the gene pool properly. My fresh F3 seeds are good for many years and I don't plan to make a big grow of long flowering any time soon.
I prefer playing with all the new hybrids that came from last years seed runs.

got some individuals outdoors of:

Pineapple Banana Bud x Jamaican f1
Laos x Jamaican f1
Jamaican f3

Okay they are USC's Double Jam i understand better now.

most likely a repro of those, yes.

Indeed CBG's Blue Mountain is different with early flowering than Lambsbread.

it can vary between 14 and 22 weeks, currently I have a "longtime" pheno indoors.
After 5 weeks it started to show sex, like the one I already showed.
This time I used only a 3.5l pot to reduce size right away and it worked well.
Gonna show her at 10 weeks or so, when we have actual buds to judge.

this line from TLT is a pheno within mine, the description and pics match perfectly.
I can't tell if this is Lambsbread or something else, but it's for sure worth the 20 weeks.
Longtime: https://www.tltseeds.com/jamaica/

here the description of the Blue Mountain: https://www.tltseeds.com/jamaica-blue-mountain/

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I mon goin wit-----> its be a variety
I also believe it was a variety, there were several once upon a time, up until the early/mid 80s...
(although it is not clear to me whether they were different varieties or just different names )

Reactions: Rgd

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I still have a problem with the concept of "a strain called lambsbread"

Lambsbread represents special effects in fact, positive feelings without anxiety and long lasting high like without ceilling, that's properties of long flowering pure sat Gold/Green compared to others with less flowering time Black/Red that can be more disturbing.

So in absolute the Lambsbread isn't really a strain i think but more a kind of strain, that you can find in many parts of this world but important and decisive is its source from areas near equator and "perpetual 12/12".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts