What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My coco lack on something

maimunji

This happening only on some plants that I grow. Tipically this plants is fast growing tall plants with long space between nodes. Problem is yellow tips at new growth. Yellow tips never burn and turn crispy but appear black on collor if problem isn't threated. Its only on upper parts and starts on main cola. After noticed them I flush plant with 1.0 e.c 5.8 ph and pour a lot of water until ph and ec of run off comes same like what going in. This doesn't help. Few days after flush spots appear all over lower and middle fan leaves. Problem dissappear only if I bomb plants with cal mag extra which contain all kind of micro nutes- iron, zink, cooper etc. When I give full dose cal mag extra plants with yellow tips start to grow new healthy leaves.
I believe spots that appear after flush is part of problem.
If someone know what is please tell me. Thanks.

Last edited:

maimunji

Another one think to add. Yellow tips doesn't appear on establish leaves or new growth. They sprout on very small leaves at the end of tops. I need to scope them with 55x to see them. I never have leaves that sprout with normal green tips and then turn yellow. So tips sprout at beggining with this issues. Plants is healthy and perk without deficiency or nothing to indicate me problem. Another one think that I noticed is leaves with yellow tips after grow bigger nave little strange color they are little blue on color compare to other establish grow and also they don't grow that big

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
What are you feeding them?

I assume you've grown in this space before and have ventilation etc sorted?

maimunji

What are you feeding them?

I assume you've grown in this space before and have ventilation etc sorted?
1.2-1.3. E.c. including tap water 150 ppm. In past grows I try so much different things to resolve this issues. I go up to 2.0 e.c without improviment. I water to 50% run off to keep e.c and ph of run off exactly same like input. Only thing that help me is full dose cal mag. Cal mag contain all kind of micro nutes.
Yes environment is good.

Plants looking good you can see.

maimunji

Here is few more pics. Its looks like when I scope tips some of them appear yellow but others have dark purple almous black color.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Foliar feed them to dripping twice with Epson salt at two tablespoons per gallon of water.

If you have your humidity under control, do it at lights out.

Dog Star

Veteran
That looks like Calcium deficiency...

also there is posibility that this could be funghal disease,black spots can imitate
Calcium deficiency while its something else..

Mine tip will be to raise amounts of secondary nutes as Mg,S and Calcium and then
look what happends.. if things dont change then you have a black spots funghal
disease and then is good to spray your plants with Horstail tea,3 days in a row..

Horstail tea will exchange PH on leaf surface and disease will dissapear.

But first you check with Calcium,that could be primar problem as your leafes
show this kind of signs.

Kind regards Maimunji

maimunji

That looks like Calcium deficiency...

also there is posibility that this could be funghal disease,black spots can imitate
Calcium deficiency while its something else..

Mine tip will be to raise amounts of secondary nutes as Mg,S and Calcium and then
look what happends.. if things dont change then you have a black spots funghal
disease and then is good to spray your plants with Horstail tea,3 days in a row..

Horstail tea will exchange PH on leaf surface and disease will dissapear.

But first you check with Calcium,that could be primar problem as your leafes
show this kind of signs.

Kind regards Maimunji

Thanks my friend.
This black spots apear overnight after strong flush with 500 ppm. I think its some kind of deficiency because its not spread after resume my normal feeding. All my plants looking great. Only issues I have currently is with dying tips at new growth on 3 plants same strain. Its not worst case scenario with leaf spot fungi. I can brew plant magic essence its fungi assassin and will kill lsf with one shot. Here is current issues.

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanks my friend.
This black spots apear overnight after strong flush with 500 ppm. I think its some kind of deficiency because its not spread after resume my normal feeding. All my plants looking great. Only issues I have currently is with dying tips at new growth on 3 plants same strain. Its not worst case scenario with leaf spot fungi. I can brew plant magic essence its fungi assassin and will kill lsf with one shot. Here is current issues.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70310&pictureid=1734098View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70310&pictureid=1734097View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70310&pictureid=1733144View Image

Then its a Calcium def if its come after flush..

http://agroplasmausa.com/calcium-880-plus

maimunji

Just can't understand why I have problems with cal on some strains. My tap water is 44 ppm ca and 10 ppm mag and this with basic nutes will be enough I think. I see a lot people here feed 1.0-1.2 e.c total without def. Anyway.

Dog Star

Veteran
Cause this strains are more sensitive than others,on another hand you told that you flushed...

and no way your tap water will give them everything they need,buffer a bit
medium with Ca and then they start again more normal take all other elements
and grow normaly withouth brown spots.

Medium cant be buffered by tap water... thats a wrong way..

maimunji

Pure coco in 1 gallon pots with blumats.I run H&G coco basic nutes without run off at 1.2-1.3 e.c. h&g is usially very high on calcium its not labeled on bottle but I read its something like 12 % ca I dont believe on this bulshit but its something like 5% I think. Anyway im out of h&g coco because I can't find them I switch to advanced nutrients coco yesterday will see maybe they have more ca. Will know after few days.