What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need help understanding a docket..

bagend12

related to my thread a few posts down...

I found the docket, Ill post what I think I can and still be discrete.

the charges for the guy all stem from early December 2016, and were filed from a local municipality, not a state agency.

Fast forward to the second week of January 2017, and the actual arrest occurs at his home, and was a joint venture between the local municipality, the State Police, and the County D.A.'s office.

I was in touch with guy around around the first or second week of December trying to set something up for lunch at a local pub, and he didn't let on that anything was wrong and that he had gotten arrested for anything in December.

Any idea why there would be such a lag between charges being filed and an actual raid/arrest occurring?

Possible that someone else got popped in December and snitched?

I searched the police blotter for the month of December, and did not locate any arrest record for this guy during that month. His name doesn't show up until the January arrest.

igrowone

Veteran
i can't help directly, though bumping the thread doesn't hurt
doesn't smell good, sounds like the stuff that snitches are made of

C

chris harris

I'm in Canada, so things might be different here, but when I got raided, I wasn't formally charged for 2 months, as everything seized was sent to a lab to confirm there was THC present.

bagend12

I'm in Canada, so things might be different here, but when I got raided, I wasn't formally charged for 2 months, as everything seized was sent to a lab to confirm there was THC present.

Thats not what happened here though. The offense data was 12/07/16;
"
Grade Description
F Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to
Manufacture or Deliver
F Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to
Manufacture or Deliver
M Possess Small Amt/Distribute, Not Sell M Possess Small Amt/Distribute, Not Sell M Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph
M Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph
Offense Dt. 12/07/2016
12/07/2016
12/07/2016 12/07/2016 12/07/2016 12/07/2016"

The actual arrest and raid took place on 01/13/17.

Between 12/07 and 01/13 I was in touch with the guy, through text and maybe one or two phone calls trying to set something up to catch up over lunch or dinner, and he never let on that something happened in December.

The fact that the arresting officer was from a local municipality this guy doesn't live in, but probably has "customers" in, and also the fact that I just read elsewhere the investigation was funded by the county D.A.'s office is making me think that there was a snitch involved and this was part of a larger investigation.

The guys a friend, and we go all the way back to H.S., but the past 4-5 months I've pretty much have been distancing myself from him as he's made so many bad choices and gotten reckless in terms of personal security. Glad I made that decision.

C

chris harris

Almost sounds like your buddy was busted on 12/07-16. Maybe offered a deal. Got a month to either roll on someone, or give someone/thing up. Maybe meet up wearing a wire. When he didn't produce, or time ran out, they charged him. Doesn't mean he didn't try.
Who know about people now days. "Give you my word", look you in the eyes, shake your hand, don't mean jack shit now days. Honor doesn't seem to exist any more. Even old friends, just ask me.
Think your decision to distance yourself is a smart one.

Last edited:

Easy7

Veteran
It takes time to return an indictment. You can sit in jail or be on bond as the grand jury determines if felony charges are ok. They can go to as many grand juries as it takes to return a charge.

I don't know why there was not a news story. Even if someone gets busted then turns coat they will pick them up in the big bust. It's a give away when they are the only one let go.

If you are worried about him narcing, just watch the docket. If a major break is given, information was given and used.

gh0stm0de

It can take time for an indictment if thats gonna happen. However, from the data you supplied, i suspect something else is going on.

Seems clear that he got popped in december. The fact that he kept it secret COULD be very shady on his behalf. Every time i ever had so much as funky contact woth LEO i let the folks i care about know asap in a secure manner. I may be wrong but seems like he got popped again in january. Usually case numbers are listed, do you see case numbers? If the same, then likely ammendment of charged or indictment etc if new charges you will see new case number. Some municipalities list different case number for each different charge even if stemming from same incident.

Also if his case goes well that does not mean he cooperated, i have been "relatively fortunate" and when i tell some of my tales some folks find some of my personal experiences hard to swallow.

gh0stm0de

That doesnt make sense tho, if we know the raid happened on 1-13, we need an explanation for 12-07. Waiting for indictment does not explain this. Looks like two seperate incidents. Id cut him off unless he really, really, really convinces you, AND has something REAL to offer. Meaning beyond product or cash.

Latest posts

Latest posts