Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies Seeds
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2017, 04:11 AM #601
Spaventa

Spaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to all
Companions - I recently had some trouble with caterpillars. I read they target cabbage and Roses most so assumed they like that best and spread some lettuce around and within hours they were on the lettuce and shortly after in my food waste bin. SO for outdoors, plant some cabbage and roses as companion plants for the weed plants. You'll be helping the eco system by helping the caterpillars rather than killing them (they are pollinators obviously) and poisoning the environment with the pesticides.
Herbs like basil keep other pests away so why not incorporate these things so you get symbiosis between your weed plants and edible food crops. you not only save money on pesticides, you save money on food too.
Spaventa is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:25 AM #602
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Spaventa,
I like your point of view on the companions - if I ever do outdoor I am going to remember this. Good idea!

Hammy,
That's a cool idea for clones. I would need like 100 of those but I think it would be good for just a few plants.

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:15 PM #603
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Can anyone let me know if you how found a way to get rid of root aphids - I have been dealing with things things forever and I even moved locations and they managed to stick around. They don't seem to cause to much damage but I think they are affecting my yields and it's starting to drive me nuts any suggestions

I've read the threads on em but just want to know what worked if anything for you guys.

Thanks

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 PM #604
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Check the last 10 pages of the Fungus Gnat or winged root aphids sticky. Cutting to the chase, use the Root and Foliar of OG Biowar at 1 heaping Tbl/gal. Do a full soak. Two weeks later water well with same. Keep applying every 2 weeks for about 2 months. I use it monthly and will forever. Good luck. -granger

Old 08-25-2017, 10:40 PM #605
Spaventa

Spaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to allSpaventa is a name known to all
I won't use ANY pesticides or washes on my plants. Im immovable on that. I won't even mist them with water. Ill do stuff like with the lettuce for the caterpillars but failing that Ill buy predators. I won't use those parasitic mini wasps though.. they give me the creeps. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy lol
Spaventa is online now Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 03:59 PM #606
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd has a spectacular aura aboutRodehazrd has a spectacular aura aboutRodehazrd has a spectacular aura aboutRodehazrd has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaventa View Post
I won't use ANY pesticides or washes on my plants. Im immovable on that. I won't even mist them with water. Ill do stuff like with the lettuce for the caterpillars but failing that Ill buy predators. I won't use those parasitic mini wasps though.. they give me the creeps. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy lol
I like gnat nix its a recycled glass you put on the surface. it looks like perlite and blocks reentry to the soil. the life cycle is short so it works in a couple weeks
Rodehazrd
Rodehazrd is online now Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 05:33 PM #607
MrBungle

MrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of light
Diatomaceous Earth does the same thing
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 06:07 PM #608
mojave green
rockin in the free world

mojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud ofmojave green has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
Diatomaceous Earth does the same thing
doesn't it lose effectiveness if wet?
mojave green is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 06:10 PM #609
MrBungle

MrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of light
it does if wet.... So my way around that is to feed from the bottom with saucers...... or you can leave a section bare for watering
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 08:12 PM #610
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
Can anyone let me know if you how found a way to get rid of root aphids - I have been dealing with things things forever and I even moved locations and they managed to stick around. They don't seem to cause to much damage but I think they are affecting my yields and it's starting to drive me nuts any suggestions

I've read the threads on em but just want to know what worked if anything for you guys.

Thanks
have you tried nematodes? what about the rove beetle? that one is new to me and i dont hear about it very much probably because of how gnarly they look and im guessing more of a greenhouse thing. still, something to check into.

i have not used them for aphids but for fungus gnats. they did a number on them thats for sure

i think nematodes will work if you can outsmart the aphids breeding cycle and pick the right species for your environment, applied in mass and at the right times. (two different species that have different temperature preferences was a good idea for me because i was having a hard time maintaining stable temps at the time.)

millions of swarming nematodes in your pots is going to do some large damage to aphids, depending on what stage they are at and if susceptible, id say all instars of the aphid are game as long as they are large enough for the nematode to actually crawl into its body and live there.

good luck, i went with a company called natures good guys, pretty cheap, good customer support/shipping etc
chronosync is offline Quote