Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2015, 05:12 AM #51
Huckster79

Huckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the roughHuckster79 is a jewel in the rough
Use balloons for LST.... The quality ones clowns use for making balloon animals.... Discovered accidentally but they work great for multiple reasons...

They are wide so never cut into plant.

The elastic action can pull the plant further than u can all at once with wire or string- as it gently pulls the branch over a period of time...

I just loop them around branch and use electrical or duct tape to tape it to itself and then tape or tie it to bucket below.

Another trick if a branch fites you or can't get it how you want is to take some light gauge wire and twist it in a spring shape around a pen and gently twist it over a given branch- you can then manipulate the branch however or wherever you want it....
Huckster79 is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:32 PM #52
budsnblunts

budsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster79 View Post
Use balloons for LST.... The quality ones clowns use for making balloon animals.... Discovered accidentally but they work great for multiple reasons...

The elastic action can pull the plant further than u can all at once with wire or string- as it gently pulls the branch over a period of time...

I just loop them around branch and use electrical or duct tape to tape it to itself and then tape or tie it to bucket below.
That's an awesome Idea, I like to use panty hose for this hahahahah

Another thing to add is if you live in an area the doesn't rain frequently during summer, crystal rain/water storage crystals are an absolute must. Cuts back on the stress of having to hit your patches during those real dry weeks. The difference between harvesting something or nothing sometimes.
budsnblunts is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:34 PM #53
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxyTaxi View Post
When I'm starting a new room all I think about is:

LAWNS

Lights,Air,Water,Nutrients,Sub strate.

Lights-up high and as bright as can be, hps all the way.

Air-follow the vpd chart and point your fans away from the plants. Co2 only works in elevated vpd areas IMO.

Water-keep it under 70, always check your ppms,EC, and pH in hydro and often in soil. What you feed and the runoff. Organics this is not so important as biological life is..

Nutrients- keep it simple and balanced. Start by only using a base and add boosters as you go. Less is more. Again EC,ppms,pH is super important and all solely dependent on your medium. Look into jacks hydro 5-12-26.

Substrate-pick the type of smoke you wish and the medium will give it to you. Every substrate gives a diff product and so far organic soils are the best when it comes to getting medicine. Hydro mediums are fantastic for commercial production but you really cannot unlock what a plant has to offer in this type of lifeform.
That should be in every growers mind when doing a gro LAWNS - that's a good way to remember all the important aspects of a good set up.

Also ec/ppm is huge and it's very dependant on the medium, I agree.
I am actually going to be creating a promix thread that details all the things I have learned about growing in that type of medium. I have learned a lot over the years and as I am switching over to coco - I want to put down all the things I learned when growing in promix so that any new growers will have some thing to refer to when starting up. Cause that stuff can be tricky. Salt build up can really mess things up for ya!
Anyways thanks for the post!

Good vibes...

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:52 AM #54
WaxyTaxi
Horticulturist

WaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond repute
Phases-thanks,I read it somewhere long ago and it stuck. You might miss the flavors and smoke from promix..maybe keep a couple on the side for ya! After this last coco run in convinced peat moss is the foundation for growing good medicine...and coco is the greatest medium to grow massive crop

Just my thoughts,

Those balloons are a great idea, but if I had mites it seems like an easy place for them to hide.

IG-@galiagardens
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 12-22-2015, 11:56 AM #55
WaxyTaxi
Horticulturist

WaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond repute
Mosquito Bits.

Cheap way to take care of gnats in gardens with tables or trays. I sprinkle the stuff around the rez area and the corners of all the tables, anywhere with semi standing water every other week. Most people use the sticky traps but if you use the bits,traps,and hit the root zone with sns at the right time you can kill the cycle for a lot longer than most.

IG-@galiagardens

Old 12-22-2015, 01:07 PM #56
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster79 View Post

Another trick if a branch fites you or can't get it how you want is to take some light gauge wire and twist it in a spring shape around a pen and gently twist it over a given branch- you can then manipulate the branch however or wherever you want it....
I like it.

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

Old 12-22-2015, 01:43 PM #57
bigganjabud

bigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud ofbigganjabud has much to be proud of
If your doing hydro ffs have a couple spare pumps about!!

Old 12-22-2015, 02:45 PM #58
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of lightBuddah Watcha is a glorious beacon of light
Mix a good organic soil mix and go organic water only! Saves $, increases quality and no need to worry about PH and shit like that!
Buddah Watcha is offline Quote

Old 12-22-2015, 04:37 PM #59
WaxyTaxi
Horticulturist

Please listen to Buddha ! I cant wait to do an all organic run! Hydro is such a pain in the butt, including coco.

IG-@galiagardens

Old 12-22-2015, 05:27 PM #60
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Look you guys, this thread is about tips and tricks, not preaching your particular method.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.