Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2017, 09:01 PM #481
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
I been reading a lot about hermies lately and been looking but the leaves were in the way, coudnt see the whole plant so started taking the bigger leaves left after defoliating week 3 of bloom. As I was clipping started thinking that I was basically rough trimming, something I usually do with her hanging upside down. 2-1 week before harvest, leaves are only blocking light.. WTF am I talking about??? it takes some of the tedious trimming out of the way while inspecting for problems before bloom is finished.. and maybe its me but seems easier when shes up right and branches hanging left and righ, not down... some prefer hangin entire plant untouched.. did it, once, didn't like it. BTW... no hermies..

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:09 AM #482
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Snook,

I agree with you I don't hang the whole plant upside down and I always notice that the bigger leaves are blocking bud sites.

So I have been doing the same and picking off some of the bigger leaves towards the end of the run. I've read a lot of stuff on defoliating early on in flower but I have never really wanted to try it out, seems to me that the plant needs the leaves at the beginning to absorb light.

I've never got any herms from pulling leaves off, *knock on wood..

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2017, 05:39 PM #483
jesbuds

jesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
I've read a lot of stuff on defoliating early on in flower but I have never really wanted to try it out
If you want to stunt your plant, defoliate away!
jesbuds is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:29 PM #484
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone defoliate their plants and have positive results?

I will take off some big fan leaves that are shadings bud sites but never fully stripped my plants.

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134

Last edited by Phases; 03-25-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Phases is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:24 PM #485
tleaf jr.
Came up off 75w

tleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to alltleaf jr. is a name known to all
Lollipop everything under the screen and remove leaves shading budsites definately a must do...

"YOUR DEFINATELY GOING TO DIE , YOU MAY NOT LIVE THOUGH"
tleaf jr. is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2017, 11:01 PM #486
Gry
Hash Tea

Gry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud ofGry has much to be proud of
I make my plants grow to a flat trellis and anything between bud site goes. I strip them once as I clean out the lowers.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 AM #487
starke

starke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nicestarke is just really nice
Like your thinking Snook. Doing two fem sativa dominant for my first run and will defol here and there as needed for buds - and to check for herms.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grow: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343153&page=9 Page 9 forward
starke is offline Quote

Old 03-22-2017, 08:20 PM #488
Donkeybrains

Donkeybrains will become famous soon enoughDonkeybrains will become famous soon enough
I use a roll of quilt batting to make pre filters for carbon filter. And big rubber bands to hold it on.
Donkeybrains is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 04:06 PM #489
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

Some practices sound bad on paper but in practice make no real difference.

Sanding seeds, cutting leaves on clones, defoliating green leaves, these don't seem to hurt. Folks learning to grow from gardeners using these practices continue because the plants grow and harvests are good. Folks growing without using any of the mentioned practices continue because the plants grow and harvests are good.

My anecdotal results are: defoliating the fan leaves early while still green removes the chemicals stored up for release during low light autumn finishing. The buds are still large and stony.
Waiting for the leaves to return the stored chemicals to the plant and turn yellow before defoliating adds a nuance to the buds. A bit smoother with a different slant on the flavor has been noticed from multiple strains. It does not seem stronger, just more mature with a complex aroma.

Autumns in the budroom have full light, stored energy from the fan leaves is not necessary, but the addition the leaves make to the flavor leads me to leave them until they are done contributing.
Phaeton is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 04:26 PM #490
cravin morehead

cravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of lightcravin morehead is a glorious beacon of light
when growing indoor, i've learned environment is the key. tons of air exchange, temps in range, humidity controlled, filtered intakes, proper lighting, and proper odor control. you can have "the best" genetics ever and grow them out in hot, low air exchanged rooms and get shitty bud. you can take "average" genetics and put them in dialed in environment and let them be all they can be.
also indoors, be sure and flip to flower before it's too late. I see so many over veg and end up with no light penetration, no air movement causing rot and mold, and trying to Supercrop too late in flower. unless you know 110% the amount of stretch that will occur, always plan for 3x's stretch going into flower...
my 2 cents...

cm

all hydro systems boil down to two things imo, 1) the system!!! 2) the operator!!! And one ain't worth a plug nickel without the other... BigToke

My current grow Super Sour Berry 47 bio bucket style :
www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338573

A sad state of affairs. A crippled America. A pipe dream buttfucked.
Immune. Stronger than all.
A lament for a rookie officer, punk ass weak little lamb.
For the mob, truly, does rule at this particular time.
We've grown into a monster. An arrogant, explosive motherfuck.
Hard as a rock. Shut like a lock.

Pantera

Last edited by cravin morehead; 03-23-2017 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
cravin morehead is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.