What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uk cheese in bio-bizz

alrite sammet. yeh ur rite by my estimation theres just short of 3 weeks left, looking and smelling like a quality bit of skunk, as expected yeild has suffered a bit, but im quite happy with wats on there, one problem tho! increasing numbers of yellowing leaves, cud this simply be that the plant is maturing or do you reckon i gotta disease on my hands.

btw the only leaves that are yellowing are the oldest fan leaves all the new ones are looking healthy and have a superb green colour.

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sound like they're a little hungry. Yellowing lower fan leaves normally indicates a N def - give them a dose of veg nutes and they should be better in no time. And don't worry about the yield yet, some strains pack on loads of weight in the last two-three weeks :wave:

spiritlevel

I did cheese on last grow, and doin it this grow. Had chronic yellowing on one but a good flush then resume of organic fert cleared it up. I think I had something building up in the pot. great strain, got just under 2oz per plant 25" tall & just 16 days veg...

good grow

Last edited:
i just bought sum bio-bloom, mite go out and get sum bio-grow and give them a little dose and see what happens. im definatly gunna scrog next time to get the best out of my enviros. hopefully they will pack on a bit of weight in the last stages. anyway ive learnt a lot.

spiritlevel

they may not be hungry, my cheese finished in around 45 days if i recall correctly. Make sure you aren't over watering. In hind sight I'm thinking that I did over water at some stage and it didn't help. This time I'm using smaller pots and watering every other day. This lets them dry up quite a bit. Unfortunately, my room is constantly Zero humidity (unless my 3rd hygrometer has kicked the bucket). The buds do not get massive in my experience, but they can get Rock hard and of uniform size on all lower branches if what I have found..

luck2u

yeh i think my plants are gunna finish early, maybe a week, lots of the hairs (probably half) have turned amber, buds are quite small, i have no idea what the humidity is, but they look good,its really unfortunate that my hps broke

for my next grow im gunna get a ph and ec meter, use nutes from the start and most probably scrog and possibly buy another hps for flowering.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey LG - if you stump up the cash for the ph/ec meters make sure you get some of the calibration solution for storage - it will prolong their life and make them more accurate. I got a pH meter a few years ago and didn't look after it, now it's useless :( :wave:

spiritlevel

^^^ good advice... My pH meter cost a lot, and I thought I broke it... they need maintenance, as do most growrooms and their content.. one of my in let fans almost vibrated apart couple days ago.. need to check everything!!!

yeh ive seen a ph pen from basement-lighting for £21, and i will get the caliberation solution, but EC meters?? i know its obvious that they read the water ec but do i need anything else with it like you need ph up and down for the ph meters. how do i change the ec?? absolutly clueless guys, can you help me.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EC is electrical conductivity, it measures the amount of ions in the water. When you add nutes to the water the EC goes up :) I'd say it's not really that necessary unless you use hydro, but then what do I know? I use organics so don't bother with the pH/EC at all (apart from initially testing my tap water and every now and then checking the run off to make sure things are alright) :wave:

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
london_grower said:
now i dont know whether ive been told sum bullshit, but the guy in the shop where i bought my bio-bizz sed that i wudnt need any nutes for 6 weeks because they're already in the mix (it's bio-biz all mix). does this sound rite? or shud i go out and get sum bio-bloom or something.

he aint telling bullshit, but using bio-bloom and topmax will increase yield.

Its kinda funny, on the biobizz website they do explain this also when you click on "all-mix", but on the english version they dont say this.

yeh im not gunna bother with the ec meter, to much hassle!!! but im gunna buy sum top-max for my next grow. so what do you reckon then, is the bio-grow needed, coz the soils pretty hot at first anyway.

getting close now guys!!! maybe a week or less!!

for my next grow ive been looking at strains and that but my mates mothering a kushage plant, seeds bought from amsterdam, anyone no anything bout this one??

ak-47 also in my thoughts..

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea it probably wouldn't make a difference so close to the end. Do you have a little microscope to check the trichomes? Amber hairs don't always mean it's done!

If you didn't know about checking Trichomes, the have a look at this and choose the type of high your plant gives you.

174295676when-to-harvest.jpg

One of those little microscopes costs £2-3 and is a great investment. :wave:

31533APYJFL._AA280_.jpg

Queso45

I'm so jealous of you London_grower!!! Only a little bit longer and you'll have the tastiest nugs in town! I have still yet to start flowering due to my absence from my grow room... but I will flower soon.

Have you considered making your lights horizontal instead of vertical? I've read somewhere that the plants perform better when they have a larger surface area of the light.

Anyway man... Great job, can't wait to see what you yield

thanks queso, yes i have considered having them horizontally but im gunna wait untill my next grow where im gunna scrog, i doubt that the yeild will be anything to write home about but im pissed off with this soil (all-mix) i think its too packed with ferts, one of my plants has serious nute burn, which happened when i added a bit of bio-bloom to the watering. only 1ml/L.

anyone use the light-mix, do you have more control? id have to get sum seaweed extract, top max and bio-grow but at least id know wat nutes my plants are getting and how much of them.

thanks sammet for those trichome pics, very usefull, where do i buy one of those microscopes??

Last edited:
ok guys after much consideration and deliberation, i have decided to harvest my first crop, im reasonablly happy with the yield, nice amounts of thc. just got the buds hanging in my cupboard with a fan blowing on them waiting for them to dry.

unfortunatly my camera has run out of juice, so im gunna get sum batteries and upload sum harvest pics for you. hopefully in the next day or so.

spiritlevel

2 oz per plant or two oz over all? fluffy or dense? what's it smoke like? what is your new grow consisting of? and what strain are your 10 cutz?

a couple of days after cutting down it was 160g off the 4 plants, got rid of a bit whilst wet and dried the rest for 2 weeks and ended up with bout 60gs of potent cheese. the tops were reasonably dense whilst the lower buds were a bit airy. nice trichome coverage (mostly cloudy). very clean chessy taste.

new grow well under-way

10 plant s.c.r.o.g (3 uk cheese) and (7 uk cheese x tutti fruity) under two 200w enviros and as soon as it arrives a 14w LED Panel (mixed spectrum).

almost 3 weeks into veg, filling up the screen waiting to flower.

anyways ill start a new thread as soon as i get a new camera.

Latest posts

Latest posts