What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short's GRAPE KRUSH

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
"narcotic soaring high that doesn’t leave you exhausted"

ahhhhh just what i need.......must get my pack into the soil one day .... this is a lovely strain on so many different lvls .HH. =]-~

swishaman

trich - Do you get "warm" on the "inside" when you smoke this? We bought something labeled as just "Purple", was a little wet, we started curing it... after a week it has a VERY nice blueberry type of high... Clear head, warm/fuzzy long lasting body high... Very nice anti-anxiety properties also... We first thought it was Blueberry, because it had no smell, and looks like some tasty blueberry.. after drying in an oven to sample some quick, it has a nice grape candy/"non-artificial/non-purple" taste... if that makes sense :p

VirginHarvester

Veteran
So the reports on Grape Krush are slightly mixed, never bad, just that some people seem more thrilled then others. I just wonder if there are some different phenos all good, just some better, and what the likelihood of getting the pheno and results Trich watcher had from a pack or if that might be an outstanding rare pheno. I would be happy if I had a pack and got that result and effect from just a couple of my plants.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
better question is:::

whos growing from the circulated GK cut,,, and whos doing it from seed. its amazing the diffrence in phenotypes can be......:joint:

swishaman

better question is:::

whos growing from the circulated GK cut,,, and whos doing it from seed. its amazing the diffrence in phenotypes can be......:joint:

I understand why some strains have a certain pheno/cut everyone wants, but why don't people just grow em and try to find one themsevles? Of course this doesn't include extremely rare phenos... but if I could grow, I would want to pick my own phenos to keep as mothers, especially DJs strains... I just don't get it
:abduct:

Like lets say I were growing (can't :| apartment), I have a certain strain that I love, I have been waiting for the perfect type of strain to cross with it, and I just happen to pick GK, I would want to not only find the perfect strain to cross, but try to find the best pheno within that strain.. I.e, who's to say that the Super Rare pheno will actually cross better with my particular strain, than just one of the common, ordinary phenos?

One of the reasons I respect DJ Short so much as a breeder and connoisseur. He doesn't breed for potency, and I'm sure that means he uses "weaker" phenos if it means bringing out a certain trait he likes, while not overpowering the other strains features... Hmm, this kind of doesn't make as much sense as it did in my head, it makes sense, but I probably explained in a crappy fashion. He may even "dumb down" the potency, if it means making the quality of high better, or maybe improve ceiling high, if that were the case...

Last edited:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Trich watcher, I'm curious why it might be you got a better result with Grape Krush, or found it to be such a great high than others. I've never heard any bad reports about it, just seems like it didn't thrill everyone as much as you. What you describe would be an ultimate strain for me, I would love that effect. So what I would like to know is how many GK seeds have you popped and how often did you find that exact pheno/effect you described on page one? Maybe you had different phenos that all produced that effect? I'm just very careful about putting what is a lot of money to me into a strain if on a percentage basis my chances of finding what you had the pleasure of are not great.

Excellent thread Trich Watcher and beautiful plants!!!

I'm also a big fan of the Grape Krush and mine were grown from seed, backcrossed actually from seed from the original package! I finally figured out how to post pix that will enlarge by clicking on, it just about drove me crazy!!!
Heres my 2 plants cr ossed to produce seed, the right plant is finally showing color, "Lavender" on the buds and purple under the feeder leaves!
They are at day 83 flowering and day 22 into the flush!

Thanks for takein a look! Sticky

swishaman

Trich watcher, I'm curious why it might be you got a better result with Grape Krush, or found it to be such a great high than others. I've never heard any bad reports about it, just seems like it didn't thrill everyone as much as you. What you describe would be an ultimate strain for me, I would love that effect. So what I would like to know is how many GK seeds have you popped and how often did you find that exact pheno/effect you described on page one? Maybe you had different phenos that all produced that effect? I'm just very careful about putting what is a lot of money to me into a strain if on a percentage basis my chances of finding what you had the pleasure of are not great.

I bought about a quarter of the GK total... out of that there were two phenos... both were exceptional.

1. Grape - Sweet sweet candy grape flavor..mouth watering... literally. Clear head high, fuzzy/warm body.
2. Cream Orange - Orange Creamsicle/Orange Cream Slushy taste... extremely tasty. Head high is more fuzzy than the grape, a lot fuzzier actually.. Great for night time smoke...

Both literally have the best flavors I have come across in pot. I've had grape/purple strains before...the best being Purple Princess and then GDP from SanJose... The purple princess tasted like a mix of grape and "purple"... which was quite delicious as well... but this Grape Krush can literally make your mouth water. It's frickin yummy :) Hard to decide which tastes better...the orange or grape pheno... a week ago I would have said the orange, but the grape developed a very very delicious taste... both tastes stick in your mouth also..

Anyways, I wouldn't hesitate to throw this in your room.. It's really great smoke. You might end up with a couple keepers for mothers... I really can't say enough about GK... I'm amazed every time I get my grubby paws on some DJ Gear...

Hi, everyone. Well, I think that there is quite a bit of variety that people are getting out of the seeds. And the plant is very sensitive to nutrients and environment. How you grow it does make a difference. You just have to pay very close attention while you try to dial in the optimal growing conditions for it.

I love Grape Krush for 3 reasons: The taste is absolutely phenomenol, delicious and never disappointing. It is so full and rich, grape lusciousness. Second, mine has a very strong head high, very stimulating to creative thought. Third, the head high is balanced out by a relaxing body high. The body high is not overpowering, but pleasantly there. I smoke it often while I work and it is mentally stimulative, yet physically relaxing. There definitely are other strains with a much stronger body high; but the head high is very strong. (For what it is worth, my favorite bud presently is Ed Rosenthal Super Bud;the taste is nothing as exquisite as GK, but the high is incredibly strong, yes, stronger than GK -- and I was genuinely surprised by the strong body high it has too.)
Here's a picture of a cured bud. This bud has been in an unopened Mason jar since November 2007. The smell and taste are stunning, strong and compelling. The high is complete and wonderful, much stronger than fresh GK.
picture.php

I've just put more Super Ed into flower, as well as several Vaniluna (DJ Shorts), which I'm really excited about. I'll do a report on those in the future.

Peace and healthy gardens to all. :joint:

swishaman

Nice trich - Explained the taste perfectly.. Hard for me to describe it in full... it's like drinking a juice, after you swallow, it sticks around. Mouth watering :O

I always thought Blueberry had the best "intense, in your face deliciousness"...but I think the GrapeK outshines BB in this category.. it's just so.. like sweet..."natural candy" sweet... and it almost gets stronger tasting for the first 10-15 seconds after you exhale...

Try taking a smooth long hit, holding it in, exhaling and then closing your mouth and breathing through your nose slowly/deeply... it seems to magnify the taste...

Mouth Watering :)

I was going to let mine cure about 2 months, but ended up getting impatient after a month or so.. Had about an 8th curing, only have about a gram left :( Probably going to hide it in the darkest corner of my place and hope i can forget about it until my birthday (april7)... So depressing that it's almost gone :| Why didn't I buy more? :( Smoked two mix bowls of it and some SourDiesel I got the other day...Diesel and DJ strains go together so perfectly... Whenever I can finally grow, i'll probably start with nothing but DJ and Rez genetics... love em

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I understand why some strains have a certain pheno/cut everyone wants, but why don't people just grow em and try to find one themsevles? Of course this doesn't include extremely rare phenos... but if I could grow, I would want to pick my own phenos to keep as mothers, especially DJs strains... I just don't get it
:abduct:

probably because i dont want to spend $1000 buying beans and searhing for a keeper strain when i can make a call///email and get that cut for free....

swishaman

I would do it. I wouldn't spend 1k on seeds to find a certain cut though. Just pick the phenos I like and go from there.

F

ForbiddenFruit

Thats the good shit right there!

Man I have to score some DJ short genetics in the future shit looks so unique

Hi VirginHarvester,
I read your concerns about having to find a really special pheno to get good results, and that many people have written mixed reports on it.
I don't see many mixed reports on it here at all, as it seems to have 2 pretty reliable phenos and both sound excellent to have by all that have written to praise it.
I know that I've never seen pot like that around here before.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I've read a few reports and not all praise it like Trich watcher but a lot of people maybe are just as impressed, but not as passionate and descriptive. Trich's report just makes it sound like something really special, that if I got that result I would have found something close to perfect for me. I'd love to see some other reports that are similar. Here's my first post on this thread.
So the reports on Grape Krush are slightly mixed, never bad, just that some people seem more thrilled then others. I just wonder if there are some different phenos all good, just some better, and what the likelihood of getting the pheno and results Trich watcher had from a pack or if that might be an outstanding rare pheno. I would be happy if I had a pack and got that result and effect from just a couple of my plants.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ordered the seeds online and they got confinscated in the mail. The same thing happened when i ordered otm. for some reason i can never get dj's genetics.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I"m with you on this one VH. I'm very, very interested... I wonder what it would do for migraine pain.