What's new

7 Bag 1g Bubblebags

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi VT,

great to see you making bubble hash bro :yes:

you have gotten great advice on this thread. like has been said too much material is a waste. using fresh frozen gets the best quality. if using dry trim make sure to leave it for 5 minutes to soak up water and stop being so brittle before you start stirring. try not to wait any longer then 30 minutes for the trichomes to settle after mixing. like ilife said you lose flavor if you leave it too long in the water.

great thread :bongsmi:

edited to add: with the 1 gallon set you should probably do only a 5 or 7 miniute mix with a spoon, first run. second time do 10 minutes with the mixer. i never do less then 2 run, and mostly not more either lol. although if you want to get every last bit of hash out of the trim a third run is worth it too with half way frosty trim.

Last edited:
G

I have a 1 gallon, 8 bag kit....... the bucket I chose to use is a empty paint(never used) bucket.......they are one gallon and work great they are avaliable at home depot in the paint section and they are completly clean!!!!! just make sure to dry it off after use as it will rust.... PERFECT SIZE. make sure to get a never used one i think it was like 3 dollars!

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
meduser180056 said:
I have a 3kw flower room and I usually pull about 10 grams of melty bubble from ALL the sugar trim/popcorn nugs this room provides.

Damn....ouch

Yea cause with BHO...no matter what you run through...it comes out dank....

I didn't stir as hard or as long this time...but maybe it settled too long...

I wanted to try the method and get that down more than anything before I run buds through....I have no problem running crystally buds through these bags....just wanted to try the method...

I won't be running buds through these bags....in fact I may take a rest on the bags for a minute...I'm losing medicine....gonna keep reading threads and stuff (but all I see are the big growers running piles of the stuff)....bubble is not for a small guy....it's for the dudes with money and the big lights and setups...I'm a destitute HIV patient....

Goin' back to what gets me medicated and yields through and though....gotta improve my skills before I try bubble...this shit is hard to make....

Gonna run the same material on the BHO thread....this material which is unsuitable for bubble...and see what happens... :smoke:

I don't have the skills for bubble...

I'll also do DIY honey oil tube step by step with pics to add to the BHO thread

peace

9856BHOtrimrunnumber3lhwjebv001-med.jpg

C

Chamba

I don't have the skills for bubble...

rubbish!...a trained monkey could do it!..even..even I can do it!

practice makes perfect...or at least better at it!

next time run 5 ~ 10 grams of fresh buds or bud trim leaves that are covered in resin through the bags at least twice....& as advised previously, if there are no visible trichomes on the material, then keep for the petrochemical extraction or compost it.. only run crystally stuff for quality ..and of course, when in doubt, add more ice!

ilife

lil advice....

lil advice....

VT, from what I see right at first is you do not want to use the large fans leaves with no resin. Remove all the big fans leaves and leaves with no resin, and cut off those stems. Only use the close resin covered trim leaves. This will help quality night and day.

Second, I do not recomend using fresh, frozen leaf. (We can have a whole thread just on this) Let your special trim leaves cure like your buds, For around 2 weeks in a cool, dark, air flowing enviroment. Let the resin dry before extracting it. If washed after 2 weeks of curing you will find that you will have higher yields, with no prior freezing.

Third you are using to much ice. For a 1gal system strart with cold water and add ice to get it close to freezing then add you leaf material. Do not use to much ice you can always add more if needed. The ice is to keep the water cold and help knock off the resin. Ideal you would want all the ice to be melted by the time you finished with agitation.

Fourth, Settling there is no reason for this when using a bag filteration system, in Sadu Sam's method yes. With the bags you are pulling them UP so there is no need for settling. Never understood why people did this, sit around waiting for there resin to "settle". When you end up just pulling the bags UP at the end catching everything. (we can have a whole thread on this also)
"Less time in the water the more flavor"

Fifth do not forget to rinse your resin with clean water before harvesting it from your bags.
Do not press it in anyway until it has dryed. (another whole thread on this)

Practice makes perfect!!!

iLiFE

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
-VT- said:
LOL....wassup bro...ever tried sourcing a 1 gallon bucket? Sheesh....

Actually i have, the only place i found one was online HERE and that's where i got it. I tried small garbage cans etc but never found a good fit

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I'll try again with Dank Material

I'll try again with Dank Material

sorry for the rant earlier guys...I was frustrated and vented childishly...my apologies....I can't just bail on the idea...that would be disrespectful and I really do need an alternative to BHO...for the longterm
ilife said:
Third you are using to much ice. For a 1gal system strart with cold water and add ice to get it close to freezing then add you leaf material. Do not use to much ice you can always add more if needed. The ice is to keep the water cold and help knock off the resin. Ideal you would want all the ice to be melted by the time you finished with agitation.

Yea my ice never melted...glad you caught that

I'm gonna do another run with frosty dank buds next harvest.....gives me time to read up.....actually I just need to read this thread over and over...awesome info fellas...

I'm so scared of green material now lol...I have no issue dropping the settling step...maybe the settling is for buds with crystals everywhere...maybe the settling is bad for trim....

I did use lowgrade material (stems...fan leaves etc...)...which works for BHO (just hurts yield)....gotta use the dank....I see that now....bubbleman said the same thing on our BHO thread
Chamba said:
next time run 5 ~ 10 grams of fresh buds or bud trim leaves that are covered in resin through the bags at least twice....& as advised previously, if there are no visible trichomes on the material, then keep for the petrochemical extraction or compost it.. only run crystally stuff for quality ..and of course, when in doubt, add more ice!
Chamba....I'll run buds next time ( will be a bit as I need to grow the dank).....I have some premmy buds I chopped...but they are not frosty dank....)...yea the starting material is more important thaqn I thought....I thought I could take all the shitty plant matter and get a little killer bubble lol...thanks man

I gotta admit...the stuff I got though....it got me high lol.....haven't smoked the 45 yet though....it didn't dry green like that...much lighter...as pictured in previous shots...

One more thing....I think it may be easier to pour each bag individually....I think I contaminated it when I was pulling the bags.....you can see how high the water level was in the pic...so when I pulled....I splashed and stuff....

gaiusmarius said:
with the 1 gallon set you should probably do only a 5 or 7 miniute mix with a spoon, first run.
Hey GM :wave: My apologies...I missed your post earlier...I was so dang dejected and bummed lol...by the time I saw it I had to logout....thanks for that feedback....yea I tried 20 minutes....then about 10....still green....less stirring and no settling....and I'm gonna use some frosty buds...
thanks for the tip
Also, GM I think you're right on the money...I tried using too much...I expected it to flow right through all the way....but the 45 bag is where I see I tried too much...both runs....

Thanks Chief...one of the issues when pulling (with the "clip method") was that the bags near the bottom were bulging...making it harder to pull...causing spillage by my clumsy ass...this spillage just contaminated the lower bags...gotta have stabile bags to make it easier....

Hey thanks Thumb!! I will acquire one ASAP....sorry I missed your post earlier and am late acknowledging the awesome tip...thanks again :wave:

When I get some frosty material...I'll revisit the thread and try this again guys....in the meantime...I'll be studying.....thanks everyone....again...my apologies if my comments were offensive....

Good thing is...some other newbie can save themselves the embarrasment....I did it for'em :D...seriously...educational thread here....my pleasure providing the mistakes and such :biglaugh:

Happy Holidaze ICMAG!! :wave:

70s_PotHead

Well I think this was a great thread. VT your hash looked fine for a 1st go. just like when you 1st learned to grow, things get better with time and experience. I made about 6 runs my 1st time with the bags, each one got better and you will begin to see the differences in the strains you run...

70s :joint:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
-VT- said:
LOL....wassup bro...ever tried sourcing a 1 gallon bucket? Sheesh....

hiya -VT-, check in lowes in the paint section. they have this nice lil 1gal rubermaid "seal and save" bucket. aslo on that same isle are these 1gal paint filters that i have been using as "poor boy bags" for a while now. you can get the bucket and a few filters for under $5. they get the job done, just dont have the variety you do.

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
The settling time was intended if you mixed trim without bags in the bucket to allow trich time to settle away from the trim before hand removal. Acid is correct, you dont need settling time when working inside the bags...

The Dopest: Thanks for the tip gonna have to snag me on of those for my first bubble run in a month or so....

Everyone else, good advice. It all makes alot of sense... Should help on my first and -VT-'s second Bubble runs

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
From the bubblebag site:
From here we settle the bags for half an hour. This allows the resin glands to sink down, now that they have been broken free from their cannabis wombs. They sink down in the water and fall through our series of screens.

So which is it? It would make sense that a tric would not take 30 minutes to settle, they should settle when I pull out the bag. Where else are they gonna go?