What's new

7 Bag 1g Bubblebags

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Great post bro :wave: I am humbled...and much appreciative :smile: Thanks for sharing your wisdom....

I am quickdrying it now...and it is drying a lighter color....just notcied the 25 yielded the same as the 73 and 45....

I bet I lost a lot....I think I had much less than I posted (no scales....)...maybe it was more like the QP I originally posted....the yield seems quite low....

I'm gonna run a couple ounces of premmy bud next....

Wondering if I should do a second run with the material I scooped out....

Ok...gonna upload pics of my debacle momentarily LOL....then we'll run some buds....

late

acidfire

Your welcome. :joint:
Im new to growing, yet know a bit about oil and hash, so I might as well spread the knowledge.
Even though I know there are tons of people that know much more than me.

Wondering if I should do a second run with the material I scooped out....
I find:
The second run will give you about 2/3 to 3/4 of the first run.
The third run will give you 1/4 to 1/3 of the first run.

[These numbers are from when I use 2.5 bags of block ice for 3, 20 gallon runs.
This is alot less than what most people use, I hear. First run for quality, second and third for quantity(220,160,25).]

After the second run you will be able to tell if its worth it to do another run.
I have used material that gave me half-melt after 3 runs.

The one thing I always wondered about is:
Sometimes I will have a chunk of ice left when I go to pull the bags.
Im curious as to how much resin is stuck to that chunk of ice that I pull out.
So I just rinse it off with cold water to be sure.

Good luck with your next few runs.

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I screwed up like everything else I'm new to....just takes me more practice than most I suppose...

I have been having issues with my gallery...I got some pics of the disaster...

Bout to run some Casey Jones fresh buds and trim....do a small run with better material....freshly cut material....stay tuned

peace bro...thanks for the support :wave:

p.s. Just smoked some premmy Casey Jones (not my keeper)...and this premmy CJ rivals the wreck bro! Wow!

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Can only get better

Can only get better

*pics*

Stirred 20 minutes....let it settle in bucket 30 minutes
*Should have settled in bags*

Strained material with hands....placed ice and material in spare bucket
stored said bucket in freezer

Left room for improvement :biglaugh:

I used low grade....reminds me of some crap I've seen in clubs
gotta use dank....

I'll be back with dank

peace

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
LOL....wassup bro...ever tried sourcing a 1 gallon bucket? Sheesh....

This bubble is hard to make...I just ruined a lot of trim, albeit low grade....

I bet if I make BHO with the same material and give MORE material to the bags....I'll yield less....I suck at this bubble thing....

Kinda bummed I wasted all that material as I know with BHO I get every drop extracted....

In fact I will keep experimenting with low grade trim til I get this down....

I'll be pissed if I mess up some good material

Wanna see a side by side with the same material?

jcsmooth

Hey VT,

Ya you might as well keep trying with low grade material to "perfect" your technique, and then once you get it figured out you can use good nugs to make great hash.

I've got the 1 gallon 7 bag kit, and have found the same problem with finding a good empty (hole-less!) bucket. I've found that the 7 bags inside of each other forms a pretty sturdy structure, and if I put it all inside of a 5 gallon (or anything it will fit into), I can still make great hash.
The only problem with this technique is a "capsize", like if you were to knock-over all the bags in the water. I've never done that, but I suppose if you were too smashed when mixing, you could end up having a splish'n'slash time. haha

Everybody here has already mentioned little tips and tricks, so no need to go over those again. If you do a good search here on the boards you'll come up with threads that go over techniques, and soon enough you'll be a pro! I've done 4 runs, and each one was better than the last.

Good luck,
JC

p.s. I let my bags sit/settle with all the blended pot in the freezer. It may not be necessary, but it keeps everything cool for sure.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Got the second batch of material ready......

Got the second batch of material ready......

High Jcsmooth :wave: Thanks bro...I'm about to do another run with fresh frozen Casey Jones trim....gonna run the popcorn through the oil tube....

I did have some overflow LOL...I tried pouring too much...then it clogged and overflowed into the damn bucket lol....this is embarrasing...I tell ya :D

I agree...better to perfect a technique before running dank....

Here is how I did the bags....

Gonna do everything the same except stir less time and settle for less time.....

And I shall settle the mix in the bags....not the bucket....

I like the size cause I can do small runs frequently...and I then won't have to accumulate material over time....I'm a small closet grower...I envy the commercial growers who need ice-olators and washing machines and all that jazz....

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
^^^^ I like the idea with the clips (gonna have to steal that one).

The bubble didn't turn out as bad as you had first made out, I'd say pretty good for a first timer as I've seen much worse

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Yea you can see in those shots it dried lighter....I took those shots to show the difference...cause the bigger pieces were not fully dried....

The yield was very very poor....I quick dried it and smoked it lol....got high as a kite though....but didn't get the taste of the terpenes I like....

I'll keep at it with lower grade material til I get the process down....we're gonna do another run

My 1st BHO run was with low grade material and less than stellar also....

Thanks for the support bro :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Time for the secret utensil...

Time for the secret utensil...

Time to break out the Kool-Aid pitcher :D

Ghetto bubble........

Casey Jones frozen fresh trim

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Settling in the bag...topped off with Ice

Settling in the bag...topped off with Ice

peace

G

-VT- said:
*pics*

Stirred 20 minutes....let it settle in bucket 30 minutes
*Should have settled in bags*

Strained material with hands....placed ice and material in spare bucket
stored said bucket in freezer

Left room for improvement :biglaugh:

I used low grade....reminds me of some crap I've seen in clubs
gotta use dank....

I'll be back with dank

peace

Your 1st time hash looks good to me...I have been told to run the trimmings thru at least twice ( I always tossed them after 1 run :bat: )

I like to use a elec. beater and beat it good for 20 mins then let settle.
Then I use a small cup to wash the trichs towards the middle of each bag, scoop them with a spoon and dry.

I find the best way to smoke it is laced in a nice blunt/joint...ahhhhh

Great job and good luck on your next run.. :wave:

acidfire

Lookin good sofar...

Most strains have water soluable terpenes, so much of the smell is lost in the water. I remember bman talking about a few strains that have terpenes that are not water soluable and retain much of the smell even after the process.

cannabis cowboy said:
It is amazing what 10-20% of dry sifted resin will add to your water sieved hash, it definitely adds flavour as well as a much nicer texture once pressed.
You still get the ease and quality of bubble but the flavours and texture of the more exotic hashish that we all love.

^^Never tried it, but seems like a good idea.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Still looks green when wet....

Still looks green when wet....

But I yielded more with less material!! :woohoo:

Thanks Stoned Silly! :wave:

Pulled the bags....

The 45 bag yielded the most...Sativa heads I guess?

peace

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Hey acid fire :wave: Yea I never knew there were so many ways to do hash : When I learned to make QWISO I thought I was doing it like the morrocans lol!!

That does look cool, indeed!

I didn't even use all that trim and did much better....I ran about 2 zips I'm guessing....

Still got more left.... cool....this 1 gallon kit is awesome for small med growers...IMO

The DIY method when said and done was just as costly (according to the friend that gifted me this) My friend was gonna gift me the different materials to do the DIY bubble bucket...but he said after it was said and done...it's equally costly....

Anyways I feel better about the process now....least this one....still spilled some water in the lower bags when pulling...gotta watch for that....

meduser180056

It looks like you mixed it too much.

Try a 10 minutes hand stir. You don't have to stir too crazy either just agitiate it.

When the bags clog up just do a jerk and pull motion on em and they should drain in a few seconds.

Also to be honest the material you are putting in doesn't really look suitable for bubblebags. If you can't see lots of visible trichs on the material you are gonna run then it's not worth running IMO. Better off making some BHO or something with it.

Bubblebags are a low yield even with good material.... Green hash is the problem I had when first started. My problem was a combination of over mixing and not using crystally enough material. Popcorn buds are good for b-bags and close sugar trim is good. Fan leaves are better left out. 1 gallon bags need to be filled with 2 ounces of sugar trim/popcorn nugs if you want to see a nice return of some melt.

Bubblebags are such a low yeild though and I've been using em for years so I've tried tons of different techniques. Let me just put it this way. I have a 3kw flower room and I usually pull about 10 grams of melty bubble from ALL the sugar trim/popcorn nugs this room provides. Recently I ran a qp of sugar trim through my 5 gallons and only came out with an 1/8 of good hash. I'm picky though I won't smoke that green stuff really.

Last edited: