What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How would I use Isopropyl Alcohol as a solvent?

I'm messing around with various elements I've been reading about online to see what their effects are for fun.

One of the main elements I want to play with says that it can't be dissolved in water but can be dissolved in alcohol.

How would I go about doing this? I would like to dissolve my main element and then add it to water to be bottled for use as a foilar spray later.

Any advice would be helpful. Very sorry for my lack of chemistry knowledge but I went to public school.

Spinme

Hm

Hm

Dry with anhydrous magnesium sulphate obtained by oven drying Epsom salt at 500 for 2 to three hours until 100 % alcohol then use to do extractions

Spinme

Mix dry Epsom salt with 91 % isopropyl and shake for quite a while then pour off top alcohol layer and it is ready to use as a solvent for extraction.
Pour over leaf bud or kief then filter and evaporate to yield oil